Music Tapes To Cd Anyone Help?

thaimate

this is something i know about... why not do it yourself... if you have an mp3 player, which has a "line in", just connect a cord FROM your cassette player output, into that "line in"... you'll get a perfect copy... then, MOVE the file from your mp3 player, onto your computer... then use any simply converter program to convert the file FROM your mp3 player, which takes about a minute per file to convert. i think on the mp3 layer, the files are usually saved as something like "aac", but you'll want to convert them TO mp3 file format, which you can then easily burn onto cd's in minutes.

There is a german shop, somewhere near Naklua that does these converstions, but it's expensive... it will easily pay for a brand new mp3 player, with "line in" for you.

I hope the music on your cassettes isn't like bad euro/techno/trance type music, that I hate.

this is something i know about... why not do it yourself... if you have an mp3 player, which has a "line in", just connect a cord FROM your cassette player output, into that "line in"... you'll get a perfect copy... then, MOVE the file from your mp3 player, onto your computer... then use any simply converter program to convert the file FROM your mp3 player, which takes about a minute per file to convert. i think on the mp3 layer, the files are usually saved as something like "aac", but you'll want to convert them TO mp3 file format, which you can then easily burn onto cd's in minutes.

There is a german shop, somewhere near Naklua that does these converstions, but it's expensive... it will easily pay for a brand new mp3 player, with "line in" for you.

I hope the music on your cassettes isn't like bad euro/techno/trance type music, that I hate.

I too have tapes I would like to put on CDs but not being technically minded Weho's first paragraph is unintelligible to me.

Where is a shop who can do it for me?

Know this is the Pattaya forum, but try Power Electric stores, the one in Silom Complex {BTS Saladeang} Bangkok, has a counter for digital printing and VHS to CD conversions. Haven't used the service myself but noted it before for a post here.

Regards

Edited by A_Traveller

And I would like to do the same with a large collection of family video tapes (the good old VHS format).

So if anyone know a place to get that done, I will pay a pretty good price!

A friend of mine just had some VHS videos converted to DVD's in Tukcom, Pattaya Thai. I will ask him which floor/ store and get back to you. I would imagine they would do audio cassettes too. Seen one of the DVD's, very good quality considering it came from VHS.

I too have tapes I would like to put on CDs but not being technically minded Weho's first paragraph is unintelligible to me.

Sweetheart, my description was perfect... you should embrace it, rather than reject what you don't understand... it's a gift from an angel, that you have rejected... in your defense, at least you had the courage to admit you don't know anything about anything. Bravo.

thanks for the info weho,the problemis i dont have a tape player any longer :o and i did understand the rest ,as for the vhs to dvd,i did loads of these a few years ago when i still had a vhs player,i actually went to our library in england took out all their classic videos and copied them to dvd :D naughty naughty.

and no they are not techno/or trance.

sweetchariot,any help appreciated,i suppose the german gentelman that charges loads of money is the same as most farang buisnesses ----expensive,i very rarly use them as onewell known farang computer buisness i used charged about 10 times the price of the thai place i now use and were 10 times worse.

thanks for the info weho,the problemis i dont have a tape player any longer :o and i did understand the rest ,as for the vhs to dvd,i did loads of these a few years ago when i still had a vhs player,i actually went to our library in england took out all their classic videos and copied them to dvd :D naughty naughty.

and no they are not techno/or trance.

sweetchariot,any help appreciated,i suppose the german gentelman that charges loads of money is the same as most farang buisnesses ----expensive,i very rarly use them as onewell known farang computer buisness i used charged about 10 times the price of the thai place i now use and were 10 times worse.

Hi Thaimate,

Tukcom, 4th floor, turn left at top of escalator and left again. The store is called TJ accessories.

My friend said price depends on the length of the video, but this is what he got:

"I paid 1200 baht for 8 CD copies of 2 videos (3 copies of each plus 2 extra copies in mpeg format)...one video is 3 minutes long, the other was 25 minutes long...they also made me another copy of the music one in mpeg format so that I could upload it to the web, included in the price!"

Sounds like the price is negotiable, so take your haggling head with you.

Sweetheart, my description was perfect... you should embrace it, rather than reject what you don't understand... it's a gift from an angel, that you have rejected... in your defense, at least you had the courage to admit you don't know anything about anything. Bravo.

Darling, I never admitted to not knowing anything about anything. I know lots and lots of things, in fact I am constantly surprised at how much I know.

BTW, I referred a ThaiVisa poster to you re colonic irrigation.

Another place at Tukcom comes to mind... it's on the 3rd floor, more or less above where the WATSON'S pharmacy is on the ground floor... it's a camera store, a chain, i forge the name... has a red, white and turquoise color sign... they put a mini-dv tape onto dvd for me... reasonable... but i had to leave my video camera with them... so i trust they could do other kinds of duplication work...

and to the poster who referred their friend for the colonic irrigation, bravo! i'm sure they are now leading a better life, with less crud to deal with... (if you catch my drift there...)...

I'm overdue for getting the major one i normally get at the Yanhee hospital in bangkok... hopefully within a week i'll get it... you can't imagine how refreshing it feels to walk around Bangkok, after one of those "treatments"... i feel so much lighter... and like i've rid my body of so many Taksins...

idiots guide.

1 buy the cheapest sony walkman you can find.

2 download a programme called audacity ( this is the software you will use to capture the sound )free from the internet, just google audacity.

3 connect sony walkman to your soundcard.

4 open audacity on your pc.

5 hit play on the sony walkman.

6. hit the record button on audacity.

7 after the first song is finished hit stop on audacity, and save in whatever fromat you want, mp3 or wav.

8 repeat for each song on the cassette.

9 this will take real time to record, if your cassette is 60 minutes long, it will take 60 minutes to record onto your pc.

by the way weho i concur with your comments ref euro disco rap crap.

Just download the old tracks from the Internet using Bittorrent :o

And before anyone starts talking about illegal - it's not illegal if you already paid for the music, even if it was on a different media (the tape).

Edited by Phil Conners

idiots guide.

1 buy the cheapest sony walkman you can find.

2 download a programme called audacity ( this is the software you will use to capture the sound )free from the internet, just google audacity.

3 connect sony walkman to your soundcard.

4 open audacity on your pc.

5 hit play on the sony walkman.

6. hit the record button on audacity.

7 after the first song is finished hit stop on audacity, and save in whatever fromat you want, mp3 or wav.

8 repeat for each song on the cassette.

9 this will take real time to record, if your cassette is 60 minutes long, it will take 60 minutes to record onto your pc.

by the way weho i concur with your comments ref euro disco rap crap.

Can the music be saved as an audio file?

By that I mean to be able to play in any music CD player rather than an mp3 or other computer format.

plasticpig

if you use the software i mentioned, audacity, yes you can do this, open the file from your cd/dvd drive, it will appear as one continuos sound file, you can either chop it into individual songs, or save as one long song, choose the option, export as wav.

pattayaparent

the answer to your question is yes, basically do the same as i mentioned above.

another freebie that i find most useful is a programme called dbpoweramp, freeware that converts between most formats.

sorry if you lived in bkk i could do it for you

plasticpig

if you use the software i mentioned, audacity, yes you can do this, open the file from your cd/dvd drive, it will appear as one continuos sound file, you can either chop it into individual songs, or save as one long song, choose the option, export as wav.

pattayaparent

the answer to your question is yes, basically do the same as i mentioned above.

another freebie that i find most useful is a programme called dbpoweramp, freeware that converts between most formats.

sorry if you lived in bkk i could do it for you

Hi

Thank you for that,

will give it a go.

plasticpig

dont know if your computer has a cd/dvd drive or not.

if it has, stick your vcd in the drive, open audacity, choose the option project, import audio.

if you are hooking up to the souncard, open audacity and press the record button ( red one) and press play on your vcd player, when finished choose export as wav or mp3 as you wish.

good luck

A few tips on using Audacity:

If you are making .wav output files, you can keep the file size down by selecting the project rate lower. I use 16,000 Hz for recording speech (radio). I have not tried lower than this. This allows me to record about 30 mins into a 50 MB file.

This files size is still rather large for loading to a "mp3 player' so I convert the .wav file into a .wma file using jetAudio (free download) which results in a 5 MB file. I can then load about 100 hours of speech onto a 1 GB player.

I have not tried to output .mp3 from Audacity. This requires downloading extra files which I have not yet been able to do successfully.

Audacity is great for editing audio files, the main drawback being that you have to read your data in in real time in order to create the Audacity files. You can also record directly from an audio programme that you are listening to on the Net (and then edit out all the unwanted bits).