Green Line Extension

KhaoNiaw

In yesterday's Bangkok Post, it said that approval will be sought for extensions to the BTS Green Line so that it goes from Saphan Mai to Samut Prakan (as an extension to the section currently under construction to Sukhumvit 107).

Someone has shown some real vision with this as the Samut Prakan extension is to go to Phraeksa. That is way beyond the town hall at Paknam, and it will take the BTS into an area where the number of residential housing projects is growing rapidly. It's almost as far as the Sukhumvit approach to the Crocodile Farm, making this a true commuter line.

Let's hope that the powers-that-be see the sense of this and don't try to save a couple of billion by chopping a few kilometres from the route.

I hope so.. i am kinda new to bkk and cant even imagine it without the current routes.. Hopefully they keep pushing full steam ahead for the extensions of the current lines along with the construction of new lines.

I am confused to what just got approved recently, the new MRT line, i think its the red line? not sure, anyone shed some light on this?