Western Food In Thailand Forum

LtLOS

I for one find this forum too wide in topic with regards to Western food. Frankly I could care less where the best cheeseburger or whateveris found in Bangkok, but being here for a very long time, would also have liked to have known that in my early years here. Then there is product advertising. Ok, I'm a business person and hat's off to all you folks that are bringing new ethnic foods to Thailand locally...keep it up, but maybe a forum for where to find food would be more appropriate. I also think there is a place for Wester restaurant reviews and comments, that's a big topic that can easily have it's own area.

My question, is there a need for a more specific forum that deals only with folks cooking Western cuisine in Thailand, either pro's or just home cooks? It can be challenging, finding substitutes, and places where hard to find ingredients are available. We locals have the unique perspective not only on the recipes, but where to get the ingredients for those recipes.

Is it time to break these out? Any Thoughts? After all it's only software....and the ability of the site owners to moderate it.

I do not know if this is against the forum rules if so then my apologies.

I am building a database about that with some friends!

We will launch the Alpha version pretty soon I hope. It will be located at:

http://fi.ndit.at

There is nothing really there at the moment

We have a testversion running at:

http://bruning.xs4all.nl:8080/fi.ndit.at/

Since we are both doing it in our free time it might be a couple of weeks still before the first version goes life. I hope it will be soon though as I have some 1000+ more items to enter into the database. Which currently contains 1200 items.

Waerth