Need To Find Manufacturers In Thailand

I have a customer looking to transfer some production out of Tianan into Thailand. These parts are aluminum and require CNC machining and then highest quality 5 stage chroming. Would appreciate any recommendations.

I have worked Google pretty hard and not really found the high end chroming in thailand. Five stage chroming is rather a rare bird, especially in production volumes. Those folks dont have a tendency to advertise and by nature I think that group is adverse to internet technology. :o Usually on that level of manufacturing I do best with word of mouth and working backwards through the supply chain. Thanks for giving it a look though!

• 2 weeks later...

Found a great production chromer. Very technically adept and professionally managed.

The CNC shops are mostly geared to steel work, I am working in 6061 billet aluminum and it seems to be in the category of "we have never done that before, cannot be done here" which is not uncommon. When I looked at the volume of work I am moving to Thailand it is rather intimidating and may be more of a problem than 6061. I am starting to break the work up among 5 or 6 smaller shops and see how that works.

Funny thing is that these parts need a high polish to remove the tool markings prior to chroming. None of the high end chromers here have decent production polishing operations. That is pretty unique to Thailand. Usually a low end chromer will just drop what you give them in the tank but here they all have polishers that ruin your part first and then drop it in the tank. Usually the high end chromers have polishers and insist on working your parts prior to chroming to insure a high end job. Not here, they all look at me and recommend I do this work in Taiwan or China. Its hard being the Detroit of Asia.......

Would a company that make Golf Club Heads be of any use to you here in LOS?

EPPCO THAILAND

30 Ladprao 92 Wangthonglang, Bangkok

10310 THAILAND

phone: 662.933.7600 fax: 662.933.8836

[email protected]

http://www.eppcointernational.com/

American Standard Sanitaryware (Thailand) Public Company Limited. All Right Reserved.

Office : 1/6 Phaholyothin Rd., Km.32 Klongluang, Pathumthani 12120 Tel.: +66 (0) 2901 4455 (45 lines) Fax : +66 (0) 2901 4488

Plant : 199 Moo 8, T.Mabkha, Subdistrict Nikompattana, Rayong 21180 Tel.: +66 (0) 3863 6311-9 Fax : +66 (0) 3863 6309

Showplace : 5th Floor, World Trade Center, Bangkok Tel. : +66 (0) 2255 9633-4

Service Center : 1st Bangkok Business Center Building, 29 Sukhumvit 63 (Ekamai), Bangkok 10110 Tel : +66 (0) 2714 2433 Fax : +66 (0) 2714 2599

http://www.americanstandard.co.th/index.htm

http://www.vikromsgarage.co.th/kart/history.html

I know two companies, but not sure if they can do what you need!

One makes hardcroming for rods for hydraulic cylinders, owner are two canadian guys.

One company make forms for plastic moulding, but I don't know if this needs chroming. Austrian owner.

If you want to get into contact leave me an email: [email protected]