Pattaya All Booked Up?

digibum

This is definately one of those cases where I've done a little research before posting here :-)

I'm in LOS from Dec 22nd - Jan 11. I've got the first few days in BKK arranged and then the rest of the week before NYE in Phuket taken care of but I'm running into some problems trying to book anything for Pattaya for Jan 7 - 11. I've been to BKK and Phuket several times in the past but I've finally caved into peer presure and decided to check out Pattaya.

I've tried most of the recommended hotels on TV and some other sites but everyone is booked solid. I was wondering if anyone had any advice.

I've looked at the following:

Areca Lodge

Sandy Springs

Sabai Inn

Sabai Lodge

Sabai Resort

I'm willing to go up to about $100 US a night. That means I've ruled out places like the Marriott, Hard Rock, Dusit, Amari, etc.

I need:

a. Close to nightlife

b. Guest friendly attitude

c. Nice, clean, decent hotel

Nice to have:

a. Wireless or in-room broadband

b. In-room safe

c. Pool

Don't care about:

a. Meals (usually don't get up early enough for the included breakfast anyway)

b. Noise (I tend to sleep like a rock)

I've been trying to find a site that books for the Flipper hotel group because I went to their site and they wanted you to make reservations on a non-SSL webpage. Uh, if you can't even set up SSL I highly doubt that you take any precautions when that webform emails you my credit card info. Same deal at the Sabai chain but I found a third party that books for them.

Looks like Siam Bayshore/view have rooms available but I thought I read a few posts saying that they are not guest friendly.

So considering the dire booking situation, if anyone has any advice on places that can actually confirm your reservation in real-time that would be fantastic. Nothing like waiting 48 hours to be told that no rooms are available.

Lastly, if all else fails, any suggestions on where I might want to get away for a few days that has some nightlife and I have a chance of actually booking a room? Even if I have to pick up a flight to get there?

OK, I live in Pattaya and I see this problem every year. Booking sites are useless and not instant and guys don't know where they want to stay etc. Deposits being required because in the last few years I can remember, some guys thought it funny to hold multiple reservations and then not cancel. So they have screwed it up for the rest.

The answer is, believe it or not, the telephone !

Actually, in your budget, Pattaya is woefully short. Top end and bottom end are ok.

What about the Residence Garden (google) LK Metorpole http://www.lkpattayahotel.com/metropole/roomrate.html (sak for FLB rate as about 25% off) - ask them about their new hotel on Soi Diana as well - LK Something. Try NIrvava Boutique, in Jomtien but easy transport and very very nice. http://www.nirvanaboutiquehotel.com/

Welcome Plaza, Royal palace / Royal Twins should also be considered as very central http://www.royalpalaceroyaltwins.com/main.htm (they are 2 hotels near Welcome Plaza)

Whatever, get on the phone, phone calls are cheap these days and sort it out, backed up by a fax (can do from PC) or email. If they want a credit card guarantee you will have to provide one but do not be unduly worried. Just don't regular email it all in one email. You could do it over the phone after getting their confirmation of your booking.

What I do for guys who need places who I know is just to book them and pay a deposit.

For an agent I can recommend (I use them for flights) try NPK http://www.npktour.com/hotels.htm

Edited by torrenova

Welcome Plaza :o

Brit

Do you own the Welcome Plaza? I have notice that always seems to be one of your first choices for hotel recommendations.

While I can't argue that it's a good deal for the money, but it is a bit rundown. I do like the pool there and the ABF was good.

My last time there was in 2004.

PKG

post-7746-1195076565_thumb.jpg

Welcome Plaza :D

Brit

Do you own the Welcome Plaza? I have notice that always seems to be one of your first choices for hotel recommendations.

While I can't argue that it's a good deal for the money, but it is a bit rundown. I do like the pool there and the ABF was good.

My last time there was in 2004.

PKG

Good value and clean, but does need a remodel. :o

This is definately one of those cases where I've done a little research before posting here :-)

I'm in LOS from Dec 22nd - Jan 11. I've got the first few days in BKK arranged and then the rest of the week before NYE in Phuket taken care of but I'm running into some problems trying to book anything for Pattaya for Jan 7 - 11. I've been to BKK and Phuket several times in the past but I've finally caved into peer presure and decided to check out Pattaya.

I've tried most of the recommended hotels on TV and some other sites but everyone is booked solid. I was wondering if anyone had any advice.

Areca Lodge

Sandy Springs

Sabai Inn

Sabai Lodge

Sabai Resort

I'm willing to go up to about $100 US a night. That means I've ruled out places like the Marriott, Hard Rock, Dusit, Amari, etc.

I need:

a. Close to nightlife

Nice to have:

b. In-room safe

c. Pool

Don't care about:

I've been trying to find a site that books for the Flipper hotel group because I went to their site and they wanted you to make reservations on a non-SSL webpage. Uh, if you can't even set up SSL I highly doubt that you take any precautions when that webform emails you my credit card info. Same deal at the Sabai chain but I found a third party that books for them.

Looks like Siam Bayshore/view have rooms available but I thought I read a few posts saying that they are not guest friendly.

So considering the dire booking situation, if anyone has any advice on places that can actually confirm your reservation in real-time that would be fantastic. Nothing like waiting 48 hours to be told that no rooms are available.

Lastly, if all else fails, any suggestions on where I might want to get away for a few days that has some nightlife and I have a chance of actually booking a room? Even if I have to pick up a flight to get there?

Can help you with Tim Boutique Hotel, Soi 14, THB 3450 all in and great rooftop pool.

Areca Lodge

Sandy Springs

Sabai Inn

Sabai Lodge

Sabai Resort

I need:

a. Close to nightlife

Nice to have:

b. In-room safe

c. Pool

Don't care about:

Can help you with Tim Boutique Hotel, Soi 14, THB 3450 all in and great rooftop pool.

Is that for a week?

Just had a few days at the Eastiny Place. Large spotless rooms with friendly staff. Meets your requirements and well under budget (I paid 1200B, probably more at Xmas though). On Soi 8 so about as central to the action as you can get. Not sure if they've got a website but they accepted my booking over the phone (038427702) and I didn't have to pay a deposit or give cc dets.

I can recommend Tim's, and I suggest you shop around for the best price, including HERE where the rate you'll get is far better than I've seen elsewhere at around 2600 per night.