BambinA

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have got many emotions today.

Mom was fooled by me about dirty joke as I have a bad news. She was worried about me and then scream. :D

Dad said , "don't leave from LOS for good, come back to LOS and being a teacher at Chula Univ (my ex-school).

My Granny was really happy !!( I love you granny). She rose me from I was 31 days old to 17 years old :D

Relatives were scream and I would got a party soon.

Sister cried badly ,(I love u) .Although she is younger than me 13 mths, she is more mature and smarter than me. She is so-called my elder sister :D . I love her loads. I cried too. She is not able to imagine if there is no Bambi in TH

Friends were happy with sad voices. They said "It's hard to find a funny imbecile friend as Bambi"

I would love to thank you TV friends too.

My english was worst. After i have joined the forum, my english skills is better .

Also thank you for certain members who helped me with my essays (letter of recommendation)

Finally, I would love to encourage people here, it's not about your gender or age. If you want to study , go for it!! :bah:

Excellent news, Bambi! Big hug for you - I'm so happy for you. Utrecht is a great university.

I am starting the same process over here of applying to doctoral programs, so you are an inspiration.

Lovely

Opps the course start 1 Sep 2008 to 1 March 2010 :bah:

Congratulations BambinA, your efforts paid off; well done !

What are you going to do about living quarters in that period ? Utrecht is very difficult because of the thousands of students and also expensive..

PM me if you want help.

LaoPo

Soon xoxo

ps, I will leave from LOS about Aus 2008 ( the course is Sep 08- March 2010).when i study there, i may have to work hard on it .Anyway, i will join TV Forum when i have a chance

I LOVE YOU ALL joob joob :o:D

Edited by BambinA

Well done Bambi, I'm sure you are going to love Utrecht and the Netherlands in general.

Don't miss out on Carnival while you are there (Bergen-Op-Zoom is the place to catch that) .. In fact the whole Dutch life thing, its really a very good place to study.

Carnival is great; not only the actual carnival from friday afternoon (officially starts on a saturday) till tuesday but also the run-up to carnival during the preceding weeks with a great atmosphere during the week-end, filled with booze and singing :o

What are you going to do about living quarters in that period ? Utrecht is very difficult because of the thousands of students and also expensive..

PM me if you want help.

LaoPo

Same with me, Bambina, if you need help to find accomodation, please, PM me. My parents live in another city, but very easy to travel with the train and only 15 minutes. My younger sister has been studying and living in Utrecht. She might know places and/or people.

Nienke

Dear TV friends,

I am really happy to day. !! Finally, I am admitted to be a student in the master's degree of Laboratory Animal Science (International Course) at Utrecht University , The Netherlands :o:D Feb 2008

Thank you guys for encouraging me

xoxo

Bambi

well done bambinA.......just stay away from there funny fags .

You will learn to love mayonnaise on fries.

frittes, not fries.

Good luck with it all BambinA.

Yep good luck - I don't know how people can stay in Education for so long by 16 I was sick of it already!! :D

Holland is the one place in Europe I would live. In fact I did for a few years - it really is a great country. Small but perfectly formed . . . I do miss frittes and mayonnaise and my local deli around the corner from my town house which had the best home made tiramissu I've ever tasted! :D

The only problem is trying to learn dutch . . you barely get a chance since as soon as they recognise you speak english everyone starts speaking perfect english (which is a good thing I know - but not if you are trying to learn dutch!)!! :o

Hi Bambi,

I feel verry happy for you and proud that you have chosen my homecountry as a place to study.

The Dutch are very openminded people and will help you whenever they can but be aware that there are some bad people as well.

For your accomodation I suggest you start looking for it as from now.

Go here for example http://www.kamertje.nl/kamers_in_utrecht

Housing in Holland is very expensive and please be aware that there are people advertising accomodation and ask for "Key money"

This saddly happens a lot when people go and look for a room and tell you they weill reserve the room for you when you give them a few hundred Euro's first.

They do this and do not be surprised when about a 100 people show up just to look at the room.

If 10% of them hand over a few 100 Euro they make nice money and you have no proof at all getting back your money as it will never be written black on white that you gave this money.

If you need any help with translating Dutch or find a room or anything else related to your study in Holland feel free to drop me a line.

Take care!

Kind regards,

Alex

Update news.

First of all, I want to thank you guys again for greeting me :D .

Secondly, I went to my University, Chulalongkorn, people greeted me badly. My news was hot as woodfire :o

Finally,the ex -dean asked me and invited me to be a vet teacher at the Lab Animal Unit .

On the other hand, I am working on the Dutch scholarship. It is about 2,000,000 Baht :D (about 30 000 euro)

I hope to get that fellowship. It's pretty expensive and I know I can not afford for it.

As we know UU is a popular University regarding to the rank. I don't want to miss my great opportunity

Edited by BambinA

Congrats Bambi,

As long as you keep posting, most of us who haven't met or interacted with you will be just as happy reading your post as we do now. Its just you'll have a new knowledge and experiences to draw on.

Look forward to seeing you learn.

• 2 weeks later...

PM me if you want help.

LaoPo

Same with me, Bambina, if you need help to find accomodation, please, PM me. My parents live in another city, but very easy to travel with the train and only 15 minutes. My younger sister has been studying and living in Utrecht. She might know places and/or people.

Nienke

Bambina, congratulations.

LaoPo and Nienke have already offered you help. So do I. I just saw this thread, I am not a big writer here, just reading from time to time.

Like you can see in my profile I live in Holland and live there with my Thai wife and her daughter. About 40 years ago I got my masters (Dutch law) in Nijmegen (Radboud University).

I'll send you a PM.

Jan

Update news.

First of all, I want to thank you guys again for greeting me :D .

Secondly, I went to my University, Chulalongkorn, people greeted me badly. My news was hot as woodfire :o

Finally,the ex -dean asked me and invited me to be a vet teacher at the Lab Animal Unit .

On the other hand, I am working on the Dutch scholarship. It is about 2,000,000 Baht :D (about 30 000 euro)

I hope to get that fellowship. It's pretty expensive and I know I can not afford for it.

As we know UU is a popular University regarding to the rank. I don't want to miss my great opportunity

Bambi:

You are right - you don't want to miss that great opportunity. You can do it, so don't give up. There is money out there, but you have to learn where to look. I know all about these situations, because that is pretty much my life. Right now, I am in the same situation again because I want to go on to a Ph.D program at age 44. I listened to people who discouraged me 5 years ago because of my age, and now I am simply older. Don't let money or any other obstacles stop you, because there are ways around them. In your case, there are scholarships such as the Fulbright Program and others. I am currently hunting for money in the US for grants and scholarships for both non-profit organizations and myself. I know that Thailand is short on good libraries, but I know there is at least one private library in Bangkok (I forgot the name). There must also be resources at Chula and Chiang Mai University that can direct students on how to get money.

Start looking NOW. PM me if you need help.

Kat

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

I have got a letter from the university in Australia 2 days ago. It is a letter of admission in a master degree of Biotechnology.

So i just want to update my news

(I have decided to choose the course in Hollands anyway. )