The Immigration Visit

Having visited the Pattay immigration office for many years I am always intrigued by the number

of foreigners who arrive with their wives or girlfriends in tow.

While some appear to be married, and therefore the lady is there for a good reason, others seem to be tourists

accompanied by their latest girlfriends, no doubt for support and in the possibly mistaken notion that she can help smooth out the process.

While waiting my turn with an officer I often see them get testy with some of the overly mouthy women when what they

obviously want is a reply from the tourist.

Considering that many of these women have neither the education nor the social standing of the immigration

officers, would it not be better for the visa applicant to leave her at the noodle shop on the corner ?

Naka.

YES. Absolutely leave the lady at home or on the beach. Image is everything at the immigration office.

Go alone or with your sponsor (school, company rep, agent) AND dress for success. These are the tips. Also, never argue or get mouthy with them as it is up to them to make any final visa decisions. Even if you have a work permit, wife, kids, farm, dog, buffalo, job, condo, motorbike and have been here for 12 years and pledged your life to serving the poor by donating food, clothing, and free educational loans.....it is still up to them and there is NEVER a guarantee that they will approve your visa. Even money cannot provide you with a guaranteed visa.

So, don't ever bring along your lady as she will have NO impact, or a negative impact on any decision. Yes, some people do it, but it really is not necessary and there is always the possibility that she could say something or have a weak moment and blow your chances.

So, take her/him with you at your own risk.