Thai Fans Of Manchester City Warned Of Flags

george

it is on the Nations site with photos. You are dealing with Thaksin here this is pure politics and people will get hurt as Thaksin uses them and that includes Erickson and the Thai players.

And people will get hurt..... I dont know whether to laugh or cry......... I guess your from America which just spent the last 5 years bombing the h**l out of a couple of countries on the opposite side of the globe....... politics is politics, I'll send some hankerchiefs.......

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This Thaksin's new adventure looks increasingly similar to his previous one.

Big investments, grandier plans, capable people (but with permanently tainted image) in charge, bending rules here and there, clever publicity, fraternising with 'masses', initial success, adoration by many but deep mistrust and suspicion of ulterior motives by others.

How long will it last with the football club? So far it develops a lot faster than his Thailand Inc. project. I doubt it will last five-six years.

They signed three players yesterday, acc. to Swen because of their footballing credentials, contrary to what the club said earlier about their abilities. Still no word on how they are going to get work permits.

It is entirely possible that they were signed just for show, with no chance of playing whatsoever. Generally clubs don't pay wages to people who'd never ever play, but Thaksin's the boss, he can sign anyone he wants (and have Swen go along with it).

Where exactly is the Thai flag on that site? Has it been taken down?

There is this one:-

http://mcfc4thai.com/community/

Apparently a different group from the one I cited, but this one has only been around since just last month.

Does anyone have information about the MCFC Thailand that has been in existence for fifty years?

Edited by Coffee Drinker

Sadly, they don't have any trouble in wearing shorts and underwear made from the flags of other countries. Apparently, this doesn't breach anything!

We know its only one way inside their little country - get them outside and talk as loudly as you like about certain prohibited subjects and they cringe that you know so much!

It can be fun.

I also liked the annual report of one of the funds I invest in that I received this morning, "We beleive the outlook for AsiA economically and politically is sound for the forthcoming year (excluding Thailand"

I think I will increase my investment as they are obviously not that daft :o

Tony, I've seen that picture, but there's no Thai flag on it...

Emperor, exactly the same things were said about Thaksin when he was taking over Thailand.

First they said that it was a publicity stunt to further his business, then there was public opinion test when the media crucified him for taking over ITV or lying on asset declarations, then was the official fit and proper test when he cleared Constitution Court case.

Thaksin has exposed and exploited serious cracks in both UK and Thai government and judicial systems. It worked for a while here. Will it last over there?

That's interesting. The link i posted yesterday definately had the flag on the site. Today it has gone??

And just for the record, that logo that Tony posted from the 2-month old Manchester City group website is NOT the one that is in question that was used on the banner at the airport. The Nation paper carried a photo online of the banner and its holders at the airport with the illegal flag in question.

Edited by sriracha john

Mysterious mysterious... some posts even from this discussion are gone. I wonder why.

Thaivisa has a very good policy of removing flamming posts.

The posts that are gone were flamming posts.

The real mystery, however, is that those posts were removed before you even joined Thaivisa yesterday.

I don't think that's a mystery at all. One used to be able to freely have political discussions in this country, and indeed on this site, without having to jump through hoops to get even totally plain viewpoints across.

Anyway, my viewpoint in summary: Thaksin will keep taking pot shots at the junta, and the other way around. Elections will come, which will result in a return to the unstable coalition governments of the 1990's. Divide & Conquer, and the poor won't get the true voice they deserve. (Never mind if Thaksin sincerely gave them that voice or not; personally I think not, but the voters did think so as they honestly didn;t have any other options, and I do respect that.)

We all know that parading Thai players around with Sven is indeed a parade, and we all know that dusting off ancient laws that are CLEARLY 'violated' by a whole range of companies and organizations freely for decades is selective justice at best, but more likely just the intimidation one comes to expect from military governments who can interpret laws as they see fit. A simple images.google.com search for [ Thailand (association OR club) logo ] will yield plenty examples of symbols and letters all over Thai flags.

Deleting usernames is a site's prerogative, but on a forum all valid viewpoints must stand or else it stops being a forum.. I don't think that's an unreasonable concept.

Edited by ShakaIsuzu

I don't think that's a mystery at all. One used to be able to freely have political discussions in this country, and indeed on this site,

Based on your joining yesterday, but still looking beyond that what you are inferring to involves a prior TV membership nick...

it's still very possible on a daily basis here to have political discussions so long as flaming posts are not to be a part of it, which most posters don't have a problem complying with.

without having to jump through hoops to get even totally plain viewpoints across.

Being able to discuss things in a civil manner is not really "jumping through hoops"

Deleting usernames is a site's prerogative, but on a forum all valid viewpoints must stand or else it stops being a forum.. I don't think that's an unreasonable concept.

I agree that all viewpoints should be expressed and as long as it complies with the forum rules on inflammatory posting, they shouldn't encounter any problem.

Edited by sriracha john

There are similar laws in the UK.

And, similarly in the UK, the Union Jack is freely used all over the place for all kinds of companies, products and associations.

I didn't think this needed spelling out, but alrightie then:

What's different in the UK however, is that Gordon Brown doesn't dust off that law to then selectively apply to a group he doesn't like. Because he'd be laughed out of town, and rightly so.

Edited by ShakaIsuzu

The Union flag may be used by companies, but it may not be defaced.

That is the issue here. Characters written across the face of the Thai flag.

Article 53 of the bill, which outlaws the placing of letters, numbers or symbols on the national flag.

The Union flag may be used by companies, but it may not be defaced.

That is the issue here. Characters written across the face of the Thai flag.

Sweet. :o Ok, when you have some time, google for example for the Air Conditioning Engineering Association of Thailand. I'd post a link but as we've seen in the very recent past, that's not allowed on this forum. [And I agree that it's not allowed, as Thaivisa rightly has to fear of repercussions in a society that's now very un-free when it comes to freedom of expression, and people rightly have to be concerned about posting a link to a completely legal Thai website about peopke who install air conditioning.]

Anyway, plenty of those examples for Britain, Thailand or any other country that has a flag, which is most of them.

Give it up guys. It's selective heavy handed police intimidation at the very least.

I must have misread the OP because I didn't see any mention of Surayud Chulanont as the one applying this law.

Ah yes, post coup-Thailand, the beacon of Trias Politica.

(Does anyone else have a problem understanding that it's not about who exactly is doing this? THe point is that the UK *system*, like any other free country in the world, doesn't selectively apply laws to particular groups with a (perceived) political agenda different from their own.)

Edited by chanchao

after playing some football with the locals in Chaiyaphum over recent years I would just like to add this ...PASS!!! :o

hahahahaha never a truer word said than in jest........

I too have played with Thai guys and its so true that they have a real problem letting go of the ball and then becoming frustrated when the opposing 11 descend on them and take it away. The only reason I get hold of the ball is because I am the goalkeeper :D

JAF

after playing some football with the locals in Chaiyaphum over recent years I would just like to add this ...PASS!!! :D

hahahahaha never a truer word said than in jest........

I too have played with Thai guys and its so true that they have a real problem letting go of the ball and then becoming frustrated when the opposing 11 descend on them and take it away. The only reason I get hold of the ball is because I am the goalkeeper :D

JAF

that is thailand soccer - if you dont like it - play with your own exclusive ball! :o take up golf... :D

Sukha the player he is reported to be signing is a hel_l of a good player- has previously been linked with a few Premiership and Championship clubs-very much in the mould of Ashley Cole.

Be interesting to see how he does in the Premiership

Look forward to seeing Sven on Soi Cowboy later :o

Edited by PolPotter

Sukha the player he is reported to be signing is a hel_l of a good player- has previously been linked with a few Premiership and Championship clubs-very much in the mould of Ashley Cole.

I think we'll see Thaivisa's own mrtoad playing for Manchester City before we'll see Sukha doing so....

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=1658520

* By the way.... there's no need to make an ordinary post in large, bold, and red letters... Thank you. *

Edited by sriracha john

I think we'll see Thaivisa's own mrtoad playing for Manchester City before we'll see Sukha doing so....

I don't think Toady will qualify for a Work Permit. He's from Cornwall you know :o