Penang Tourist Visa

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If the magic number is indeed 2 TV in a year it's not the end of the world....

1 dual TV from home, 1 penang, some voa, back to avoid rain....

Repetable forever....

You are jumping to conclusions. We've already heard of one person who was refused because he had 3 TV's in his passport from 2004, 2005 and 2006.

If you go to Penang with a "dual TV from home" you may still get a red stamp.

If you go to Penang with only 1 TV already in your passport you may still get a red stamp. Such a case has already been reported.

The situation is unpredicable.

The point everyone should consider is that Penang is serious about stopping people from living in Thailand on tourist visas. It does not matter where those TV's were obtained.

Well, if anyone who would like to offer advice on where they suggest is the current best place to obtain a TV, without making presumptions about my personal life and/or lack of contributions to Thai Society, that would be great. Thank you.

Hi eek,

I think your best bet is laos, theres a company called jacks golf in Bangkok if you phone them there be the ones to tell you what you can and can't do. There website is www. jackgolf .com , a thew freinds i know have done it and said theres no problems. Good luck.

Chris.

Hey, tnx, that link is great! :o

If the magic number is indeed 2 TV in a year it's not the end of the world....

1 dual TV from home, 1 penang, some voa, back to avoid rain....

Repetable forever....

You are jumping to conclusions. We've already heard of one person who was refused because he had 3 TV's in his passport from 2004, 2005 and 2006.

If you go to Penang with a "dual TV from home" you may still get a red stamp.

If you go to Penang with only 1 TV already in your passport you may still get a red stamp. Such a case has already been reported.

The situation is unpredicable.

The point everyone should consider is that Penang is serious about stopping people from living in Thailand on tourist visas. It does not matter where those TV's were obtained.

Well, i'll go to Penang but with a dual TV I just need a border crossing to stay for 6 month in thailand.

For 2008 at least. We will see if the situation get better or worse...I'm guessing less people they see situation gets better :o

Anyway it is perfectly understadable that all nearby consulate/embassy where swamped after the visa lockdown, they were staffed for local people wanting a visa, not people from the entire planet.

Well, i'll go to Penang but with a dual TV I just need a border crossing to stay for 6 month in thailand.

For 2008 at least. We will see if the situation get better or worse...I'm guessing less people they see situation gets better :o

Anyway it is perfectly understadable that all nearby consulate/embassy where swamped after the visa lockdown, they were staffed for local people wanting a visa, not people from the entire planet.

I think you've got a good chance of getting a TV without a stamp, but the next time around maybe different.

I have been out of the country (and kind of busy as my villa was destroyed in a landslide !!) but was asked by a buddy the other night..

He got a 4th TV in penang with the 'no more' stamp recently.. He thought he was doing the right thing in getting TV's there and not doing 30 days.

I am assuming that no one with a stamp gets any more in Penang ??

Currently are there any embassies that are issuing TV's to people with that stamp and his kind of history ?? (long term stayer). I know nothing is 100% but a high probability of success ?? Whats his current best chance ??

I told him to simply get a non imm O, fly to oz is cheap or leave country and post back to uk.

I have been out of the country (and kind of busy as my villa was destroyed in a landslide !!) but was asked by a buddy the other night..

He got a 4th TV in penang with the 'no more' stamp recently.. He thought he was doing the right thing in getting TV's there and not doing 30 days.

I am assuming that no one with a stamp gets any more in Penang ??

Currently are there any embassies that are issuing TV's to people with that stamp and his kind of history ?? (long term stayer). I know nothing is 100% but a high probability of success ?? Whats his current best chance ??

I told him to simply get a non imm O, fly to oz is cheap or leave country and post back to uk.

My friend is in the same situation.

She got a "NO MORE" stamp from Penang on her 3rd TV.

I call Jackgolf and asked about further option.

Jack golf said she can try to apply TV with Bank Statement (45000THB).

Jack golf also said that Bank state ment from her own country is also acceptable.

A visa based solely on some sort of means-testing would be one good alternative to the current "crisis". Buy a condo, put 10m baht in a government bank and forswear the interest and stay out of trouble with law, hey, I think this would be great. Think of it as a surety bond against misconduct.

The last country I lived in issued 2-yr resident permits based on having enough income from an outside source (meaning you weren't working there). All that took was a letter from my company and a copy of a taxes for the previous year. Too bad that isn't standard world-wide.

Was this stamp stamp actually written up with the words "No More"?

I've seen the stamp (posted a scan) written up as: "May not", but haven't seen the "No More" stamp.

I would try Vientiane before travelling to Australia. It would be highly recommended to keep 30 visa-exempt days "in the bank" before going for another TV run just in case it's refused.

Jack golf also said that Bank state ment from her own country is also acceptable.

Bad advice from Jack Golf.

Why would someone want to travel all the way to Penang on a visa run to TRY.

If the applicant doesn't succeed it's no problem for Jack Golf.

Also, does anyone know if this is the same in KL? Or is it only happening in Penang...? :/

We still haven't heard from anyone about the situation in KL.

Are they issuing warning stamps?

Are they issuing back-to-back visas?

Are they ignoring warning stamps already in passports?

I think you've got a good chance of getting a TV without a stamp, but the next time around maybe different.

Well, the only problem is that Samui is an island with a near monopolisti airport :D

And there are only single daily flight out of Thailand, all from somewhat expensive to very expensive.....

Was this stamp stamp actually written up with the words "No More"?

I've seen the stamp (posted a scan) written up as: "May not", but haven't seen the "No More" stamp.

I would try Vientiane before travelling to Australia. It would be highly recommended to keep 30 visa-exempt days "in the bank" before going for another TV run just in case it's refused.

No he has the standard text that others have been getting.. I am unsure what the exact terms used where but he has received the stamp and now does not know what to try next.

Hes one of those guys who doesnt go online, doesnt do forums etc and thought he was doing what he was told to do to remain legit (based on past immigration "do this and all will be fine" comments) and is now going through the usual pissed off and worried stage that many have already done.

No he has the standard text that others have been getting.. I am unsure what the exact terms used where but he has received the stamp and now does not know what to try next.

Ok, so this is the stamp he probably got. I was curious because from what some members have been posting here it seemed like they had made a new stamp.

post-34982-1196213768_thumb.jpg

Ok, so this is the stamp he probably got. I was curious because from what some members have been posting here it seemed like they had made a new stamp.

flipino passport?

My explanation was not enough,

Jackg Gold is doing tour to SVANNAKHET, not to Penang.

Ok, but still, would you want to go to all that trouble to just TRY? It's a very long drive for most people.

I was thinking there was a new stamp based on recent posts

Ok, but still, would you want to go to all that trouble just to TRY? It's a very long drive for most people.

tropo been reading your posts etc for a while now and you seem very clued up on things (maybe your not but i tend to agree with ya) so i never heard of SVANNAKHET so i googled it to find it, now its not that far from me that is, have w any info on i presume they have a consulate, as to weaheer they giving out a stamp or indeed can we make a list of consulutes on the borders so as to speak or within a short distance who are ginig stamps or not a list that can be changed by a mod on a daily basis if needed!

now if its time consuming ill lend a hand, cos this affects me and prsumibly a lot of peoples!

or if what manchester is saying they are just all clamping down ill need to return to hull!

let me know tropo and thanks again for your posts!

chris

My visa came back only with a 30 day transit visa and a red stamp asking me not to return to Penang for a Visa. ( applied for a tourist visa and i have 2 others from this year).

I'm not too bothered as it will force me to sort myself out but for many others they are a bit fuc_ked.

My red stamp just says '' You may not return to Penang to aply for a visa''

Edited by beejoir

My visa came back only with a 30 day transit visa and a red stamp asking me not to return to Penang for a Visa. ( applied for a tourist visa and i have 2 others from this year).

I'm not too bothered as it will force me to sort myself out but for many others they are a bit fuc_ked.

My red stamp just says '' You may not return to Penang to aply for a visa''

This means they've become even more strict with new wording.

I used to enjoy my visa runs to Penang but guess it's bye bye Penang.

tropo been reading your posts etc for a while now and you seem very clued up on things (maybe your not but i tend to agree with ya) so i never heard of SVANNAKHET so i googled it to find it, now its not that far from me that is, have w any info on i presume they have a consulate, as to weaheer they giving out a stamp or indeed can we make a list of consulutes on the borders so as to speak or within a short distance who are ginig stamps or not a list that can be changed by a mod on a daily basis if needed!

now if its time consuming ill lend a hand, cos this affects me and prsumibly a lot of peoples!

or if what manchester is saying they are just all clamping down ill need to return to hull!

chris

Chris, there's a consulate in Savannakhet and an embassy/consulate in Vientiane. Neither of these have been reported to issue warning stamps this year. There were some reports last year.

Consulates may change policy at any time, but from reports I've read here so far this is the current situation regarding issuance of tourist visas:

Penang = well reported as getting tough

Singapore = 1 x tourist visa only.

Vientiane = still good. May even score a double tourist visa (no warning stamp)

Savannakhet = still good (no warning stamp)

KL = still unknown. Waiting to hear reports.

Hi There, I have 3 tourist visas issued in Penang (1 from 2006 and 2 from 2007) I am due a visa run back to Penang in December and was wondering what to do. Should I go to Laos? Or Penang? I have used my VOA 90 days too. I would like to get another Tourist visa for 60 days or maybe a double entry issued in Laos.

Hi There, I have 3 tourist visas issued in Penang (1 from 2006 and 2 from 2007) I am due a visa run back to Penang in December and was wondering what to do. Should I go to Laos? Or Penang? I have used my VOA 90 days too. I would like to get another Tourist visa for 60 days or maybe a double entry issued in Laos.

With 3 TV's already in your passport it's possible you may be refused. At the very least you'll get the "don't come back" stamp.

I'd recommend you give Penang a miss and go to Laos.

chris

Chris, there's a consulate in Savannakhet and an embassy/consulate in Vientiane. Neither of these have been reported to issue warning stamps this year. There were some reports last year.

Consulates may change policy at any time, but from reports I've read here so far this is the current situation regarding issuance of tourist visas:

foe me Kl = same Singapore , wrote on visa "not to return"!! bunch of twots!

No reasons given apart from "i think you stay thailand to long"

Savannakhet then for xmas i think nice little break & at least i might be able to have a drink!

cheers

chris

chris

Thanks troppo thats the exact kind of summary I was hoping someone would provide..

Last Q (and I know theres no hard and fast rules) will any of these refuse you if you have a Penang (or other no more from this consul) stamp ?? Is it that they only honour thier own stamps or any red stamp is a final warning.