Penang Tourist Visa

Last Q (and I know theres no hard and fast rules) will any of these refuse you if you have a Penang (or other no more from this consul) stamp ?? Is it that they only honour thier own stamps or any red stamp is a final warning.

I'm under the impression that they won't take a Penang warning stamp into consideration, but not certain. I will be testing this out in January, but I hope someone will be able to report on this sooner.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

foe me Kl = same Singapore , wrote on visa "not to return"!! bunch of twots!

No reasons given apart from "i think you stay thailand to long"

Savannakhet then for xmas i think nice little break & at least i might be able to have a drink!

cheers

chris

Chris, these are exactly the type of reports we need to hear. So you're saying you received a warning stamp from the embassy in KL?

When did this happen and what was the tourist visa history in your passport when you went there?

What exactly was the working? Was it a stamp?

foe me Kl = same Singapore , wrote on visa "not to return"!! bunch of twots!

No reasons given apart from "i think you stay thailand to long"

Savannakhet then for xmas i think nice little break & at least i might be able to have a drink!

cheers

chris

Chris, these are exactly the type of reports we need to hear. So you're saying you received a warning stamp from the embassy in KL?

When did this happen and what was the tourist visa history in your passport when you went there?

history, arrived holiday 29 sept 2005, liked it stayed kept doing cambodia every month, till approx oct 2006 (new rules) kl not to return (hand written on visa) same singapore (not to retun) actully i think it said "only this time not to return" when asked why same reply, "think you stay thailand too long!", now i argued and it got me nowhere at all all!

pennang ever since no problem & was there again about 4 months ago but now with all this wont be going there at mo!

No stamp hand written in both cases, now im on a new passport so i might be able to but havent yet tried, just saving that as a plan b!

im due out on i think 15/16 dec so was gonna go that other place you mentioned (Savannakhet) but it hasnt been mentioned again since, so better the devil you know im probobly gonna go (might change) to laos cos the feedback is positive!

i had planned to pennang and on return go stright to ko chang for xmas, but now i will just keep up to date on here, daily!

ive copied these links to my website to make it easy for me!

Hey...

When you're being refused a visa in Penang, is it still possible to get one from your home country ?

yeah, you can try many countrys inc your home, the ones in this disscusion are the ones that are normally quick local etc, but as you can see there are a few changes afoot and slightly conflicting opions at mo so keep posted and if you have been refussed and not posted, post it to help!

chris

The funny thing was I applied for my visa with 6 other people...

2 english (inc me)

2 German

1 Russian

1 Belgium

All had a passport full of Tourist Visas FULL!!!

The only two who were refused were the English! Are they cracking down on English speaking people visas or is that just a silly thought?

We were all of the same age, and we all applied for the same visa in the same way.

2 english (inc me)

2 German

1 Russian

1 Belgium

The only two who were refused were the English! Are they cracking down on English speaking people visas or is that just a silly thought?

We were all of the same age, and we all applied for the same visa in the same way.

What happen to other 4 ? Did they get new TV?

2 english (inc me)

2 German

1 Russian

1 Belgium

That's weird!

Maybe the Consul-General spent too long in England.

Hi There, I have 3 tourist visas issued in Penang (1 from 2006 and 2 from 2007) I am due a visa run back to Penang in December and was wondering what to do. Should I go to Laos? Or Penang? I have used my VOA 90 days too. I would like to get another Tourist visa for 60 days or maybe a double entry issued in Laos.

With 3 TV's already in your passport it's possible you may be refused. At the very least you'll get the "don't come back" stamp.

I'd recommend you give Penang a miss and go to Laos.

Hi, I take it you mean to the capitol Vientiene? I have been told by jackgolf.com that their visa run to the border crossing in Laos ( Savannakhet )will not give you a TV if you already have more than 2 TV regardless of place of issue. Do they issue educational visas in Vientiene? And will I need to show a bank book for any visa issued at Vientiene? I have paper work to get an educational visa.

Hi There, I have 3 tourist visas issued in Penang (1 from 2006 and 2 from 2007) I am due a visa run back to Penang in December and was wondering what to do. Should I go to Laos? Or Penang? I have used my VOA 90 days too. I would like to get another Tourist visa for 60 days or maybe a double entry issued in Laos.

With 3 TV's already in your passport it's possible you may be refused. At the very least you'll get the "don't come back" stamp.

I'd recommend you give Penang a miss and go to Laos.

Hi, I take it you mean to the capitol Vientiene? I have been told by jackgolf.com that their visa run to the border crossing in Laos ( Savannakhet )will not give you a TV if you already have more than 2 TV regardless of place of issue. Do they issue educational visas in Vientiene? And will I need to show a bank book for any visa issued at Vientiene? I have paper work to get an educational visa.

Vientiane seems to be the best place to go for tourist visas at the moment.

I've heard that Savannakhet can be difficult for ED visas, but Vientiane is easy.

You won't need a bank book for either of these visas.

ED Visas are getting really strict for pikey ''learning Thai'' schools. Visas for really good Unis are even being rejected this month.

Could you please elaborate. Where are the ED visas being rejected? Do the consulates who reject then have a list of your so called "pikey learning Thai" schools.

Report from Kuala Lumpur

I'd just like to report that a relative of mine got her Tourist Visa last week from Kuala Lumpur along with a note in her passport saying that she will not get another "T.V." from KL. She's over 50 years old and Canadian, It was her 3rd Tourist Visa (1x Singapore 2x Kuala Lumpur). They suggested that she change her "T.V." to a Non-Imm "O" (retirement) once she returns to Thailand.

2 english (inc me)

2 German

1 Russian

1 Belgium

Well, only the british can work teaching english. :D

Germans and russians are needed for increasing the beer production. :o

They don't know where is Belgium......... :D:D

ok, joking.

(The italians are missing on the list, we cannot teach english but we can make pizza!)

Report from Kuala Lumpur

I'd just like to report that a relative of mine got her Tourist Visa last week from Kuala Lumpur along with a note in her passport saying that she will not get another "T.V." from KL. She's over 50 years old and Canadian, It was her 3rd Tourist Visa (1x Singapore 2x Kuala Lumpur). They suggested that she change her "T.V." to a Non-Imm "O" (retirement) once she returns to Thailand.

Thanks for the report Kudroz.

We can throw KL into the "unfriendly" basket too.

2 english (inc me)

2 German

1 Russian

1 Belgium

Well, only the british can work teaching english. :D

Germans and russians are needed for increasing the beer production. :o

They don't know where is Belgium......... :D:D

ok, joking.

(The italians are missing on the list, we cannot teach english but we can make pizza!)

Oh yes, that famous Italian resturant, Pizza Hut. :D

Update from Penang.

I just had my Tourist Visa application flatly refused and was issued a transit visa instead.

Entered thailand last December with two tourist visas issued in Dublin. Followed this with three border hops and a tourist visa from Penang. Had two overstays during that time (one day and two days). The agency that applied for the visa for me this time said I would have gotten it without a problem if I didn't have overstays.

So it's definately touch and go down here. Good luck!

I just had my Tourist Visa application flatly refused and was issued a transit visa instead.

I have never seen a transit visa issued by a consulate. I know that there is such a thing as a transit visa and wonder what it looks like.

--

Maestro

Report from Kuala Lumpur

Good advice I would have said.

Does anybody really think that Thai Consulates and Embassies throughout the world are there for the sole purpose of enabling people to stay in their country indefinately? Don't they have other important matters to attend to like protecting and representing their own folk abroad, promoting the country, representing the country etc. Matters more important than dealing out Tourist Visas to people who are blatently not tourists. People who will come back here and run a bar, hotel, school, dive shop, travel shop etc. and be able to undercut us legal business owners, soley due to the fact they are avoiding taxes and licences.

Note

Proper visas are available for most people willing to be part of the system, pay some tax employ some thais etc. If people spent as much time trying a legal route as they do banging on about Thai consulates and trying to circumvent what is still very fair and simple process, they would come up with a visa.

A real Tourist is not going to mind being knocked back on a TV. They will continue as TOURISTS and TOUR someplace else!

Shoot the messenger if you like, but Thailand is changing, and bus loads of hung over scruffy falangs bussing themselves in and out is not part of their vision!

Edited by Dupont

Does anybody really think that Thai Consulates and Embassies throughout the world are there for the sole purpose of enabling people to stay in their country indefinately?

As regarding consulates and Embassy visa sections yes, quite frankly. Do railway staff complain you use their trains too frequently and then bar you from travel?

Edited by baboon

Does anybody really think that Thai Consulates and Embassies throughout the world are there for the sole purpose of enabling people to stay in their country indefinately?

As regarding consulates and Embassy visa sections yes, quite frankly. Do railway staff complain you use their trains too frequently and then bar you from travel?

Yes actually if you fail to meet the criteria ie, have the money to pay, or habitually abuse and damage the stock. Embassys and Visa sections were in place for more needy people and more genuine people. I underlined the key bits again for you.

Poor analogy btw, but if you seriously think they are there to keep bar owners, scammers and tax dodgers in business then its your right. I just don't agree with you!

How many times have we had bar or small business owners tell us, "this is Thailand mate, you don't pay tax here" "what you do is put the bar in the missus's name! clever int I mate, don't need a work permit, don't pay tax etc... blah blah brag boast check out the new tats etc" and as for everybody that has a friend in the police, government immigration etc, well, thats 100% of em.

Edited by Dupont

New Situation in Penang - no more Tourist Visa.

My wife just phoned me from Penang - instead of Non-Immigrant Visa O to add here on my Retirement Visa she got a 30 day Transit Visa. What I heard - everyone got only Transit Visa for 30 days. It's getting hart!

Now we have the situation that I have Retirement Visa since 18month - but my wife can not be added as a dependant, because she can not get nowhere a Non-Immigrant Visa O.

Thai Immigration in Phuket say that this would be necessary.

I assume you have a retirement extension of stay from Immigration and are attempting to obtain a non immigrant O visa for your wife so she can obtain a matching extension of stay. Where else has she tried to obtain this visa? Did she have proof of your extension status and provide the reason for request? Was she given a reason she could not obtain a one entry non immigrant O visa?

Crikey -this thread could go on forever! The masses of Phillipino English teachers (with a new bar on Thonglor no less!) that are currently filling the void left behind by native speakers (not that they are'nt) are being issued visas still in Laos. The limit on t.v.'s is still unclear (2 in the same passport,do they check back on your history?). All of this is supposition with a mix of real experiences, wrapped up in a package of of ......ah...noone really knows. I'm off next week to Laos and will try and get a general picture of the whole scene. It will be a good test of my Thai language skills anyway! I still say that if one has a "residence" in Thailand, and you show proof of funds e.t.c. there is no way you cannot stay in Thailand., even if mixing tourist visas with border runs.

Crikey -this thread could go on forever! The masses of Phillipino English teachers (with a new bar on Thonglor no less!) that are currently filling the void left behind by native speakers (not that they are'nt) are being issued visas still in Laos. The limit on t.v.'s is still unclear (2 in the same passport,do they check back on your history?). All of this is supposition with a mix of real experiences, wrapped up in a package of of ......ah...noone really knows. I'm off next week to Laos and will try and get a general picture of the whole scene. It will be a good test of my Thai language skills anyway! I still say that if one has a "residence" in Thailand, and you show proof of funds e.t.c. there is no way you cannot stay in Thailand., even if mixing tourist visas with border runs.

Best of luck. I look forward to hearing your report of getting a double entry. :o

Well a little feeling of what we get in a few month when the new government Junta is in charge.

No rules only personal oppinions from ambassadors or consulat workers because they give a shit on the

current none goverment. Thats what evertime happens everywhere when the green uniforms are marching

in the streets and countries turn down.

Well and in the worst case the happy birthday guy of today is not making it much longer.

I will try it in Vientianne for a TV but i'm already prepared to go back to Germany in any case. Unfortunately

as a young man with a hill-tribe/burmese girl friend there is no chance to stay in this f**c*ed up crazy society

legally.

I think that is Germanys bad luck and Thailands good luck.