Dynasat Moveable Dish System

jimmym40

This subject is so confusing. Does anyone currently have this 6-7 ft dish and using it?

Do you receive all/more channels than UBC?

Do you get internet access? What speed?

It's difficult to get all the required information from these dealers that are selling this system.

Thanks for any info provided.

I bought the Dynasat system a couple of years ago and it was pretty good.

HOWEVER after about 6 months most of the english speaking channels, BBC, CNN Bloomberg etc got scrambled and now just about the only english language channels left are all "God" channels which I suppose is good if you are a devout Christian.

I never got internet as that requires a 2 way connection which unfortunately all satellite channels are not.

You certainly receive more channels than UBC. I have about 307 and if I could only understand, Arabic, Indian, Urdu, Farsi, and a lot more it would be worth it but in reality Dynasat is not worth it.

There are other options out there but it requires a different system and also dodgy cards which we are not allowed to discuss on the forum. You amy however glean a lot from the internet etc forum on Thaivisa or Google.

I stopped at one of the shops yesterday and rec'd as much info as I could from the Thai speaking lady. She had a system hooked up and I viewed many of the channels, including CNN, HBO, CINEMAX and a few of the more important ones.

For billd: I would think there is some way for you to start receiving these premo channels again, maybe with an "update key", whatever that is. You might have to pay a small amount. I'm waiting for a little more feedback here before I go again to the shop and get the "whole skinny". On their handout sheet they provided me it says, (1) One year, product guarantee. (2) 3 months free service and updating key. I had my thai wife speak to them on the phone. From what I can decifer, the 3 month free service is the time period where they will come out to your home and teach/show you how to operate things. And I could not get an answer of what they mean when they refer to "updating key". Do you have any idea what this "key" is for?

I would assume if this is a good to average system, more expats would subscribe - so right now I have my doubts about it.

Any more info please.

we had a satellite system installed in feb this year.

The dish is 7 feet and fixed to 1 satellite. It had the usual offerings similiar to TrueVisions (UBC). It had about 50 english channels

At first the satellite feed was great for the first month then it was scrambled almost every other week, each time we had to update the card that came with the set top box.

After 6 months the people that we bought the system off offered a new version of the set top box that allowed an internet connection and offered a new package that wouldnt be scrambled, so they said. We upgraded and had the satellite re-alligned to another satellite and had a smaller dish installed to pick up another sports sat.

This sytem sends a ping? every time you time you change channels to their server and it sends back a ping and allows you to watch the program. The system works good until their server is overloaded as the supplier is busy loading more new customers on. All in all not too bad as the server has been ok lately and also the supplier is 10mins down the rd. ( I take the box to the guy every time it goes down for them to update)They charge 2000 bt every 6 months for service/ server fee.

Note, the supplier we have has a sales bias, but most would. They would rather sell than service as service doesnt produce income. But I have been patient and friendly to him so I guess he is good to me.

Not sure about the update key, but quite possible as the Dreambox could download any firmware updates as you can scroll thru the many menu options. But changing channels would be as technical I would want to get with this thing. :o hope this helps.

oh yes, internet is on maxnet and on the 512 package but always slower than that, speed always varies-

I was probably just as confused as you when first starting out.

Best advise is to ask about their servicing and updates and turn around time, and how often the system fails. And what it will cost you to update the card/ box.

Also the exact channels you will be getting.

I stopped at one of the shops yesterday and rec'd as much info as I could from the Thai speaking lady. She had a system hooked up and I viewed many of the channels, including CNN, HBO, CINEMAX and a few of the more important ones.

For billd: I would think there is some way for you to start receiving these premo channels again, maybe with an "update key", whatever that is. You might have to pay a small amount. I'm waiting for a little more feedback here before I go again to the shop and get the "whole skinny". On their handout sheet they provided me it says, (1) One year, product guarantee. (2) 3 months free service and updating key. I had my thai wife speak to them on the phone. From what I can decifer, the 3 month free service is the time period where they will come out to your home and teach/show you how to operate things. And I could not get an answer of what they mean when they refer to "updating key". Do you have any idea what this "key" is for?

I would assume if this is a good to average system, more expats would subscribe - so right now I have my doubts about it.

Any more info please.

try jsat.tv for more info

The DM500 - S

t_11.gift_12.gift_14.gift_15.gift_21.gifentry level set top boxdm500_remote.jpgDM500.gif

Features man1.jpg- 250 MHz PowerPC Processor (350 Mips)

- Linux Operating System (a computer in its own right)

- 1 x Smartcard-Reader

- MPEG2 Hardware decoding

- Common available NIMs (DVB-S)

- V.24/RS232 Interface

- 10/100Mbit compatible Ethernet Interface (CAT 5)

- 2 LED status

- unlimited channel lists for TV/Radio [over 2,000 channels pre-loaded in each set top box]

- channel-change time < 1 second

- full automatic service scan

- satellite finder as standard

- supports directly bouquet-lists

- supports external MP3 & file lists

- full telnet & ftp access

- full world wide web interface (full remote control of your DM500 via the web from anywhere)

- full remote support by JSAT.tv via the internet (optional extra)

- watch your DM500 from anywhere via Web-TV interface (like a sling box)

- supports Pic in Pic (on PAL only)

- supports internet radio (shoutcast & dreamcast)

- supports EPG (electronic program guide)

- supports PVR / hard disk recording

- plug and play on most Media Centers (supports remote Media Center playing)

- supports own videotext

- Supports on-screen basic Email (ideal if you do not have a PC in Thailand)

- supports multiple LNB-Switching control (DiSEqC)

- fully adaptable OSD in many languages and skin-support (no Thai support in this version)

- S/PDIF Interface for digital bit stream out (AC-3/digital audio)

- 1 x Scart-interfaces (Plasma TV, LCD TV)

Edited by Donnyboy

Thanks guys for the replies. I was doing this research for my new neighbor, from the states. I own my own UBC equipment for the last 4 years and only pay the subcription fee. I was hoping my neighbor would get "a" satellite system so I can compare. He rec'd all this information and he just decided to go with True Move or whatever it's called now. I would be hesitant about going the dish route myself. If he purchased a dish and was so happy with it, I'd change over myself. But as it looks, I'll be stuck with UBC for a while longer. Maybe some day there will be more choices here.

Certainly, I've about come to the end of my tether with UBC/True - just so many repeats for a high annual subscription cost. I've been reading the J-Sat website and it looks interesting - particularly as I am about to move to a new rented house next month and need to decide whether to go for another True deal or give the J-Sat package a go. Movable dish about 21,000 + 2,000 baht one-time payment and then you buy whatever programme package subscriptions you want from the transmitting companies (e.g. Astro etc).

The J-Sat website seems very BKK-oriented. Can anyone with first-hand experience in CM tell me what (if any) loss of option/signal there is for a CM-based set-up? I know that J-Sat will do a site survey for 500 baht - but I still feel better having the benefit of other's real-life experience/impression - as to dish-size, orientation, usability etc. The new place I'm moving to has a sizable balcony (facing south/south-west) which would be great to take the dish. If all came to all, there's also a sizable garden - but with a lot of trees and I'd rather not have all the dish ironmongery in it.

Grateful for any user's comments and guidance about J-Sat or the alternatives such as they may be. I'm not a complete techno novice, but I'm really looking for a relatively straightforward, hassle-free but versatile set-up and don't mind paying a sensible price to get it.

Thanks in advance. :o

Certainly, I've about come to the end of my tether with UBC/True - just so many repeats for a high annual subscription cost. I've been reading the J-Sat website and it looks interesting - particularly as I am about to move to a new rented house next month and need to decide whether to go for another True deal or give the J-Sat package a go. Movable dish about 21,000 + 2,000 baht one-time payment and then you buy whatever programme package subscriptions you want from the transmitting companies (e.g. Astro etc).

The J-Sat website seems very BKK-oriented. Can anyone with first-hand experience in CM tell me what (if any) loss of option/signal there is for a CM-based set-up? I know that J-Sat will do a site survey for 500 baht - but I still feel better having the benefit of other's real-life experience/impression - as to dish-size, orientation, usability etc. The new place I'm moving to has a sizable balcony (facing south/south-west) which would be great to take the dish. If all came to all, there's also a sizable garden - but with a lot of trees and I'd rather not have all the dish ironmongery in it.

Grateful for any user's comments and guidance about J-Sat or the alternatives such as they may be. I'm not a complete techno novice, but I'm really looking for a relatively straightforward, hassle-free but versatile set-up and don't mind paying a sensible price to get it.

astro would probably be the most worth it as far as subscriptions are concerned but am still not able to get a concrete answer whether one can receive the signal or not being in chiang mai. still wondering if anyone here in chiang mai has got astro programming.

TB..

This subject is so confusing. Does anyone currently have this 6-7 ft dish and using it?

Do you receive all/more channels than UBC?

Do you get internet access? What speed?

It's difficult to get all the required information from these dealers that are selling this system.

Thanks for any info provided.

I've had dynasat for about 4 years there are 2-3 sites with new update codes. These are illegal? Yet the shops that sell the dishes and receivers are not, how strange :o Needless to say I still get most of the programes shown on true including the top soccer matches, but do have to suffer Japanese commentary now and again. No internet though.

I got in touch witnh JSAT a couple of years ago, they have an office in Pattaya, run by an Australian or Kiwi. He did say that he would supply the gear but I would need someone from CM to fit everything together. So 500 bt for a site survey is possibly a no-go. He did come across as just wanting to sell the kit and not bother with anything else. Sorry if this does him an injustice, but that is what I felt.

I did not bother to follow it up any further, as preferred to get someone local who was not at the other end of the country if there was a problem.

At the moment running a dream 500 with a rather large tracking dish. We have access to at least 4 different sat systems. Unfortunately no internet acsess via it. Much the same deal as Donnybrook.

Donnyboy and/or Mickmac, could you please tell me the name/location of the your dish kit supplier(s) ?

Judging from the J-Sat website (very slick and upfront), they seem to have an office in BKK with 8 people - but that's still a stretch to Chiang Mai!

Steve, contact me I have experience with Satellites - Nigel

Gosh.....such a touchy subject. How to tip-toe around the correct answer without stepping on one of them "forum rules" land mines is almost impossible.

I have the 7 and a half foot movable dish. I can point it at the UBC satellite and watch their channels if my receiver has a card reader and a UBC card. Opppssss! A land mine.......I can't tell you how to get around the UBC card on this forum.

I do watch HBO and other channels like that but Opppppppssss!..... another land mine. I can't tell you how I do it here.

Anyway, good luck with Arabic, Indian, Urdu, Farsi, and Chinese. BTW Chinese MTV rocks! You can learn a lot from watching Chinese TV....but thats only if you spoke Chinese. :o

Have had movable 7ft dish for 3 yrs now, but it is now fixed on the aguila sat because aguila offers most english programming [more than ubc].

Also, have gone thru three different boxes ...dynasat f1, newshine and dream500 and can say that the newshine is the most reliable and consistent [and cheaper]. yes there are down times, but it works 85%.

Have to get the smart card updated by local vendor occasionally, mostly for free and i can honestly say that my set-up has paid for itself many times over, when compared with the big UBC.

I have a moveable dish, J-sat box and TOT broadband internet connection. I mostly watch the Multichoice bouquet (about 95% reliability - depends on the internet connection) and Australia Network. I have trouble with picture quality and reliability with Dream TV. Quite a few lesser known Thai channels available and some XXX sites. I got a local guy to install the dish and the controller box. You have to get in touch with the nerd side of your self to get it all working initially.

Can't say anymore here but PM me if you need more info.