Transporting A Motorbike

I want to bring a motorbike from Khon Kaen to Samui,

has anyone any helpful ideas or suggestions as to the most economic and secure way please?

I recently used the "post" or whatever it is, talking a Honda phanton from Bangkok to Samui. The price was about 2500. I did not get impressed about how the bike looked when it got here. Filled with somekind of "cementpowder" and clutch broken. Seems like they took all kind of things in the same car.

I think the best thing if you really care about your bike is to either drive it yourself on a pick-up, or get somebody you know driving it for you. Thai-post i think i will not use again. At least not for bikes.

But there is transportation-companies i suppose. Would be interresting if anyone have a pricelist and recommendations about such a company?

Use the train. Khon Kaen to Bang Sue/Bangkok, the down to Phun Phin[surat]. Drive rest of the way via ferry

Many people have used the Postal Service with no adverse effects, even for large bikes. If you wrap it as if you care about it so will the Postal Service, they are very professional.

Use the train. Khon Kaen to Bang Sue/Bangkok, the down to Phun Phin[surat]. Drive rest of the way via ferry

Many people have used the Postal Service with no adverse effects, even for large bikes. If you wrap it as if you care about it so will the Postal Service, they are very professional.

I my ONE time i used the postal service i can say it was everything BUT professional. And if i did not pack it as carefully as i did i think there wouldnt have been a bike left. But ok, this is one time so lets not judge the whole postal-service by this case. They probably know what they are doing. I kind of lost faith in them thought........ :o .

I want to bring a motorbike from Khon Kaen to Samui,

has anyone any helpful ideas or suggestions as to the most economic and secure way please?

There's a company called DDD. You can phone 1133 on your mob. & get the number. Their use to be a company called Ror Sor Por, deliver anything anywhere, but now its DDD.

They will send your bike to Surattahni, there office near Big C. You can pay extra to get across, or better to ride to the ferry & do it that way.

If you know Khon Kaen well, then you can call to their office.

Drive to the top ov Lao Naa Dee road where the junction is. Don't turn left for Lotus, or right to Big C. Go straight across, and drive about 800m and it's on your right. Very small office.

It's been 2yrs since I lived in KK, so my directions may be a little bit off! Or, go to the post office.

Edited by omlagus