Sin Sod

gat

If a Thai girl you just met starts asking you how much sin sod you will give before you've even proposed, should that raise a red flag?

no, write a check out now. there is a formula for checking up sin sod, there are a couple of good lawyers along Sukhumvit Road could help you out with calculating just how much should be donated. :o

Edited by jayjayjayjay

Congratulations!! You have qualified for the special rate of sin sod only applicable to trolls. Just a million Baht. This special offer does not include the plate of gold. You will need to supply this yourself.

Gat is the Thai word for bite.

Tell her you will give them zero and see if she sticks around. I have had 2 GF's request large amounts from me, when there was no discussion or reference to marriage. One request was to help Mama pay her debts. It takes quite a bit of searching to find a lady that is not primarily "money based".

If a Thai girl you just met starts asking you how much sin sod you will give before you've even proposed, should that raise a red flag?

Oh come on :o , this is your first post the eh "gat" :D .

You are obviously a current TV member who either stays at home a lot or is really bored :D .

OK OK... A lot of smarties here... but remember... the OP is a newbie....

So...since no one else said it clearly...I will...

That's a bad sign, kid... Might want to look to find yourself another lady....

Or, if you're really hooked, just nicely tell her... $0... and see what happens... (If you want to do it politely, just point out...you're an American/British/Aussie etc etc...and we don't do that kind of thing in our country...until divorce time comes!!!!

And, if you end up looking elsewhere, try to find one who at least waits until she's known you a few weeks/months/years... etc etc etc...before popping that infamous question.

John, formerly from LA

Hi Gat, welcome to the forum.

If you're genuinely wondering, there are at least 10 previous threads discussing the subject in length since before, apart from the pinned thread which is highly recommended for all who want to inform themselves about the subject. :o You can also try using the search function.

You'll have to excuse people for being suspicious. Sin sod is a common topic of trolls to bring up, because people have completely different ideas about it and the discussion can get quite heated. Trolls like that, because they do not feel they receive enough attention in real life and so resort to trying to bait people online so they can feel clever.

tell her you're not rich right now, but will be soon, when your patent for a new zipper gets approved.

Then ask to inspect her zipper.

- - - - -

remotely related........

A line from Austin Power's 2nd movie. He gets to a great flower power dance - full of free love and divine babes. One particularly beautiful blonde comes up and presents herself. Austin says, "those are awfully tight shorts you're wearing, baby. How do you get in to them?"

Without missing a beat, she says, "you can start by buying me a drink."

<br />Tell her you will give them zero and see if she sticks around. I have had 2 GF's request large amounts from me, when there was no discussion or reference to marriage. One request was to help Mama pay her debts. It takes quite a bit of searching to find a lady that is not primarily "money based".<br />
<br /><br /><br />

But they are out there and sooooooooooooooooooo great to find!!

You should be getting your sin sod back anyway. If not i wouldnt do anything.

I was asked to this year but when we got married the mother said dont worry about it and gave us a fat cheque instead :o

But if you just met the girl then it is odd

You might want to read this pinned topic, especially post #2 > http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=85581
If you're genuinely wondering, there are at least 10 previous threads discussing the subject in length since before, apart from the pinned thread which is highly recommended for all who want to inform themselves about the subject. :o You can also try using the search function.

You'll have to excuse people for being suspicious. Sin sod is a common topic of trolls to bring up, because people have completely different ideas about it and the discussion can get quite heated. Trolls like that, because they do not feel they receive enough attention in real life and so resort to trying to bait people online so they can feel clever.

Just follow the advice posted here, particularly, in this particular instance Meadish's, as it is particularly correct in a particular manner of speaking.

Good Luck Gatting here.

At least I have learnt the meaning of a new Thai word.

Moss

Edited by Mossfinn

Oh come on :o , this is your first post the eh "gat" :D .

You are obviously a current TV member who either stays at home a lot or is really bored :D .

I am bored because this is my first post? :D aren't you the bored one with 1,114 posts and who takes the time to reply to "really bored" people?

I was asked to this year but when we got married the mother said dont worry about it and gave us a fat cheque instead :o

does she have a sister? :D

Hi Gat, welcome to the forum.

no i am not a troll, and from what i've learned, sin sod is a topic of debate even among thai people, i.e. they do not seem to follow the same rules...one girl even told me she is saving herself for sin sod so her future fiancee will not have to worry about it...thats my kind of lady :D

does she have a sister? :D

Yeap :D but she is married and in England. But they will be divorced very soon and she found out he is gay.

I gave my father-in-law a brand new Vigo pick-up as part of the sinsod.

Turned out that he couldn't drive .....

So I use the Vigo myself and he got a motorbike :o

Simon

thats what should happend when you give money, you get it back.

I find your story amusing but also its good you got back what you gave

I gave my father-in-law a brand new Vigo pick-up as part of the sinsod.

Turned out that he couldn't drive .....

So I use the Vigo myself and he got a motorbike :D

Simon

give 'im a Vigo but registered in your name...... that way you can pack up your belongings and head of into the sunset any day you want to do a runner... :o