Why Have'nt You Guys Joined The Bear Pit?

Tornado

Too much local US-politics, which for sure could be of interest to American members here but for myself not worthwhile to comment to. These are domestic issues of the USA which should be debated by the US-citizens but IMO are not too interesting to the rest of the world.

Unless, there are issues debating US-influenc outside of the US, than the discussions are heated, but I cannot see results. If e.g. you feel a guy like GWB or Kerry might be wrong, you are branded as leftie, righty or whatever.

Finally, too much evidence from both sides, links, details which should proof each poster to be right but only show that the poster know how to put a link or copy and paste.

Sorry, no offence but my opinion.

I lurked around for a week just seeing what went on and I was underwhelmed.

The forum is mainly made up of conservative Americans, most just out of nappies, with a couple of token Europeans, an Aussie who seems to talk some sense, and a UK university student who loves sucking up to the Yanks. Anyone with a contrary view gets ganged up on.

I came, I saw, I left :o

I'd feel a bit too much like Goldilocks entering the Bear's Lair. :o:D

Actually, I enjoy the mellowness of this place. I appreciate the civility shown here, and Thaivisa has certainly established itself as a much better place for discussions on the Social and Cultural aspects of Thailand than some other places I've been involved with :D

And look, I ended with a preposition... :D

I lurked around for a week just seeing what went on and I was underwhelmed.

The forum is mainly made up of conservative Americans, most just out of nappies, with a couple of token Europeans, an Aussie who seems to talk some sense, and a UK university student who loves sucking up to the Yanks. Anyone with a contrary view gets ganged up on.

I came, I saw, I left :o

I go on there sometimes under a different nickname. I'm American and most of the conservative American viewpoints just get so f###### tiring. Gideon is the UK tool that schmoozes the Yanks egos assuring them that GWB is THE MAN!

I haven't been on for about 3 weeks, mainly because politics in general causes too much mental anxiety. I'd rather talk about bar girls, good places to buy flush toilets and the new Teaching in Thailand Forum is of interest to me. Basically, politics sucks!

Everyone has made up their minds and is just trying to justify their position.

That pretty much sums up the way I feel: I don't enjoy placing myself in situations where one is either preaching to the choir or one is simply shouting at people who have no intention of listening and there is no middle ground.

It's a good laugh though, winding up some of the more vehement position-holders! :o

Mr. Boon Mee,

The colours of the Thai flag symbolize the respect for the Royal Family, Buddhism and the Thai nation.

I notice that you very often attack people in your postings, that you show intolerance towards the views of others where respect should be in place, that you seem to look for confrontation and aggressively are seeking non-peaceful solutions for all problems.

This is quite far from the spirit, symbolised by the Thai National flag.

I have the impression that you are a northern American, but not directly a Canadian.

Why are you using the Thai flag to cover your opinions? Isn't there another flag which is more appropriate to use?