Retirement '800,000' Can It Be Better Placed?

Thanks for that question fishhooks.

Beats me why it appears to matter exactly where the money is, as long as it's 'at call' in case of emergency. Beats me how they came up with such an arbitrary figure.

Why not a million? Or 750,000. 800,000 wouldn't pop into my head if I were making such determinations

I bet they don't have figures on how many farangs are destitute, and how many are out there robbing banks, or similar, to survive. Or just scrounging.

If there are such people, I'm curious about their survival strategies. Saw a possible candidate in Patpong once, but then maybe he was just a hippy (no offence).

I'm curious about the number of farangs who burn their bridges.

Sorry, way off topic...why do I think aloud, I ask myself? No answers asked for.

Thanks for the answer lopburi3.

While we are at it and so others can evaluate this method of saving as it relates to hedging against the dollar weakening further and reducing annual extension expense, what is the longest term immigration will accept that the deposit with be fixed at and what is the rate of return we are talking about???

Curious. What is a lottery saving account? IS there monthly draws where one have more chances the more money there is in the account? How much are the prices? No problem with farang winning? Etc. Cheers!

i put my cash into the governmen t saving bank useing thier lottery saving account no problem with the immigration

.. but there is no guarantee and you should check your office to make sure your plans fit there expectations.

So there are no strict guidelines on this? Can the funds be in banks outside of Thailand? Anyone have experience with that?

The bank account has to be in Thailand.