Adding Memory For Laptop

steveb

One of the reliab;le source for memory, Laptop and PC, are Memory Today at IT Mall Fortune Town in bangkok.

If you take you Laptop there they will check to first before you've tp pay. And the price is good there!

Tkake a much in as you can because XP and Vista runningbetter as memory you have!

Laptops have very slow harddisks compared to desktops. Therefore, if the OS has to use the harddisk as RAM when there isn't enough RAM, then the system will slow down considerably. So, yes, adding RAM will help speed up laptop quite a bit.

Most laptops have only two RAM slots, one of which is usually taken up (in your case, with one 512MB module). The biggest RAM that most laptops can take per slot is usually 1GB, so unless you want to throw away your old 512MB, you can get maximum 1.5GB, which is actually good enough.

Yes, take your laptop to the store and have them install the new module and test it out. It should cost around 1,000 baht per gigabyte. "Hardware House" usually has good prices on memory, and is located in nearly every IT center.

Run by the stats page on the OEM web site for your laptop.  Mine a compaq has 512mb  its 2 256mb boards.

OEM says that max up grade is 2 512mb, not more then 1gb ram.  I don't know why the limit purhaps the type ram it uses, but OEM site will tell you what chips work and how many what size etc.  Then you can shop for best price and install is like changing battery really not hard.  most time small instuction included.

If you surf over to Crucial.Com and press the "Scan My System" button. The website will check your current memory configuration and advise you on what type of memory and how much you need. You won't even have to open up your laptop, etc.. Armed with that information, you can order directly from Crucial, or go to any local vendor and tell them what type and how much memory you want to buy.

Note:

The online Crucial System Scanner requires Internet Explorer browser and the use of ActiveX® technology to scan your system. If you use a different Web browser, such as Opera™ or Mozilla's Firefox™, please use the 112KB downloadable System Scanner instead.

Run by the stats page on the OEM web site for your laptop. Mine a compaq has 512mb its 2 256mb boards.

OEM says that max up grade is 2 512mb, not more then 1gb ram. I don't know why the limit purhaps the type ram it uses, but OEM site will tell you what chips work and how many what size etc. Then you can shop for best price and install is like changing battery really not hard. most time small instuction included.

Changing the RAM can be easy or hard. Depends on the laptop and the memory that you already have.

My Toshiba has a very accessable cover on the bottom for one of the ram slots. It came empty, with the 512MB ram installed in the primary slot,which is located under the keyboard. Adding additional ram to the empty slot on the bottom was very easy. I did not want to have to take my laptop apart and lift the keyboard to change the 512MB module, so I opted to just up it to 1.5GB