I Need To Find A Thai Gynecologist

waterpup

My gf and I had sex while she was on her period, she is taking the pill and it was on her 3 of 5 days of her period. The next 2 days she had no bleeding. We had sex again 1.5 weeks later and her period started again a few days later. According to the schdule on her pill she shouldn't have had her period for another 1.5 weeks. Ever since we had sex she has had bleeding every day, some days more than others. She seems to think that this is just her normal period but I'm a little concerned that it could be something worse.

She is terrfied of going to the doctor and has never had a gynecologist exam. Can anyone recommend a good Thai gynecologist in Bangkok, I think my gf would prefer a female doctor.

My gf and I had sex while she was on her period, she is taking the pill and it was on her 3 of 5 days of her period. The next 2 days she had no bleeding. We had sex again 1.5 weeks later and her period started again a few days later. According to the schdule on her pill she shouldn't have had her period for another 1.5 weeks. Ever since we had sex she has had bleeding every day, some days more than others. She seems to think that this is just her normal period but I'm a little concerned that it could be something worse.

She is terrfied of going to the doctor and has never had a gynecologist exam. Can anyone recommend a good Thai gynecologist in Bangkok, I think my gf would prefer a female doctor.

for a basic pregnancy test, you can just go to the pharmacy.

to get a good ob gyn exam, i suggest going to any of the big hospitals. samitivej, bumrungrad or bnh all have excellent ob gyn services, and she can request a female doctor if she likes.

as an adult woman who is having regular sex, she should go get a regular pap smear as part of a routine medical check up. it doesnt hurt but sometimes may feel slightly uncomfortable at the worst.

good luck.

I see that Dr. Prasertsri is still at Bangkok Nursing Home Hospital on Convent Road in BKK. I think she is great!

... or just bring her to the next convenient hospital, where they usually have several gynecologists on duty.

But try to convince her to go as soon as possible. Delaying will not do any good to her.

The cost, even of a private hospital, is so low (compared to Europe), that you can certainly afford it, even when you or she has no insurance.

Agree with above. Take her to any good hospital, they all have female gyns available. By good I mean any of the "international" ones plus the larger private hospitals like Phayathai. Avoid the numerous small private places, some are really poor.

However since she's scared of going it would be wise to be sure to get one who is really kind and sensitive, I've been to several but not kept track of their names, so why not go with the one recommended by Tammi? Because if your gf gets a doc who is competent but brusque you may have a hard time ever getting her to go back again.

She can tel the doctor it is her first time for such an excam and that she is nervous, they will understand.

Don't delay. It might be nothing much but it might also be serious. She needs to have an pelvic exam and thin prep (pap smear) plus possibly a vaginal ultrasound, this last is not as bad as it sounds, it's painless.

Good luck.

There is a female gyne at Vichayut hospital on Rama 6 Road. Not as expensive as Bumrungrad etc, and she is friendly and lovely - down to earth, funny, non-judgmental. Her staff are just as nice. You need to phone to make an appointment as she's very busy, and works odd hours. I can't recommend her enough.

Maybe you can find some info online for your girlfriend beforehand, so she has some idea what to expect. I was petrified the first time i went to a gynae as well - afterwards couldn't believe how easy, non-painful and non-embarrassing the whole thing was. I actually didn't have a PAP the first few times I went, but its a really essential test for sexually active women.

It would also be a good idea if you read the instructions for her pill - its possible she's not taking it correctly, its the wrong pill for her, she's been taking antibiotics. Make sure she asks the gynae all about this, and fully understands all the information. Also, Thai pharmacies sell some really crappy cheap birth control pills, make sure she takes a good, well-known one.

PS. Kudos to you for caring enough to post, you sound like one of the good guys :o

"...Can anyone recommend a good Thai gynecologist in Bangkok, I think my gf would prefer a female doctor."

When my wife and I lived in BKK I used to take her to Bumrungrad. Our experiences were always positive. I recommend it as most of their physicians speak English at an acceptable level.

Edited by Lance_A_Lot

• 1 month later...

I would think 4k should be enough. Maybe give the hospital a call in advance so they can give you a price.

I have been to two different private hospitals on the outskirts of Bangkok for pap smears and have always had a female doctor. There is also a nurse there too so she should feel safe. If she has a pap smear they normally do an internal examination too. It's cost from 1,000 to 1,500 Bht in the past (not the top hospitals though).

If she has been bleeding heavily too she may need iron supplements.

I would think 4k should be enough. Maybe give the hospital a call in advance so they can give you a price.

I have been to two different private hospitals on the outskirts of Bangkok for pap smears and have always had a female doctor. There is also a nurse there too so she should feel safe. If she has a pap smear they normally do an internal examination too. It's cost from 1,000 to 1,500 Bht in the past (not the top hospitals though).

Thank you Julie.