Tourist Visa Question.

If I get a single entry 60 day single entry tourist visa here in blighty, when I arrive at Xmas can I initially enter on the ordinary 30 day visa exemption, then toddle of to another country after a week or so and then re enter Thailand using the Tourist visa?. The second half of my holiday will be the longer stay in Thailand. Thanks in advance.

If I get a single entry 60 day single entry tourist visa here in blighty, when I arrive at Xmas can I initially enter on the ordinary 30 day visa exemption, then toddle of to another country after a week or so and then re enter Thailand using the Tourist visa?. The second half of my holiday will be the longer stay in Thailand. Thanks in advance.

If you don't write your TV number on your arrival card there's a chance they won't see it and stamp you 30 days (visa exempt). A lot of people with tourist visas get wrongly stamped because the Immigration Officer didn't notice their TV. You could ask them too, but I'm not sure if that works.

You could get a re-entry permit at the Immigration office when you arrive for 1000 baht and keep your 60 day stamp valid.

Why not apply for a double-entry tourist visa and save yourself the hassle?

I wouldn't try it. Once I arrived with 2 entries left on a tourist visa and I did not write the visa number on my arrival card. the officer found my visa and I told him that I did not wish to use the entry and just wanted a 30 day stamp. He had me initial that I did not want to use an entry and I later found out that one of my entries was nullified

Edited by Fred Sanford

I'm being a tight wad as they are charging £28 per entry, thought I may get away with just the one entry. thanks chaps.

Depending on which country you toodle off to a week after your entry, you might be able to get your tourist visa in that country at a Thai consulate.

That way you could enter, using a 30 day visa exempt and then go to another country get your thai tourist visa and use it to return.