I'm Craving Some Poutine En Hostie

AjarnUan

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi everyone,

I'm a recent arrival in Bangkok, from Canada, and was wondering whether there are any restaurants/greasy spoons/street vendors who serve Canada's national entree, ideally until 2-3am. I've already visited Big John's, but his poutine was served on a plate, and the gravy tasted of pepper, rather than gravy. Unsurprisingly, I was crestfallen. So, any places serving french fries/freedom fries/chips, cheese curds, and hearty gravy, in a bowl, in Bangkok?

Failing that, has anyone come up with good homemade recipes, preferably only involving a microwave?

Many thanks in advance.

Using only a microwave...well that's a challenge. First off cheese curds are next to impossible to find, but you may want to try a fresh mozzarella, comes in a tub with water in it, a local brand is Carolina. Cut these mozz balls into smaller pieces. Go down to either a foodland or villa and find a bottled premaid gravy, I don't use them but seen them, I think Heinz is one brand name. Now go find a shop that makes good chips and get a large order. Take the gravy and heat in the Mwave then add the cheese and heat a bit more. Take another bowl and pop some chips in it and add the hot gravy/cheese toss it around perhaps nuke it one more time. Sorry best I can come up with only using a microwave. Good luck!