Farang Running Around With A Fake Thai Government Id

rainman

Anyone know where is the best place to report a Farang running around with a fake Thai Government ID? He's getting on my nerves. I was thinking Thai Immigration perhaps, or better the Tourist Police? Never had to deal with the Thai Police so I have no idea.

:o

You need to be sure that it really is a fake id before you 'shop' him. I carry my Thai Tourist Police id card with me which occasionally raises some questions as to it's authenticity.

Simon

Edited by simon43

i doubt its fake. you will probably eat crow.

It is not a government ID, but I carry around my Royal Thai Comedian Association ID with me always. Some Farangs think it is fake. It definately is not! And I usually use it to ID myself instead of my passport.

Do not think that because someone looks western he cannot integrate into Thai society at least partly! With all the bells and whistles that come with it included. If it really is a fake .... he will have a problem. If it is not .... the table is turned on you. Read the farang judge thread in this forum.

Waerth

How I know it's fake? He's claiming to be a high ranking government official. I highly doubt this position would be given to a foreigner. I'm not going to post here what it is, though. Second, he's doing 3 month visa runs and even did a 30 day visa run in between, I've seen those stamps in his passport. So if he's really a high ranking official, I would think at least they could get him more than a tourist visa.

How I know it's fake? He's claiming to be a high ranking government official. I highly doubt this position would be given to a foreigner. I'm not going to post here what it is, though. Second, he's doing 3 month visa runs and even did a 30 day visa run in between, I've seen those stamps in his passport. So if he's really a high ranking official, I would think at least they could get him more than a tourist visa.

i think he's pulling your leg .

It's bothering me because he wants to borrow a large sum of money from me (never going to happen anyways) and threatens me with his little fake ID if I don't give it to him. I barely even know the guy, he just lives near me. So like I said in the first post, he's annoying me, doesn't stop, so I have to do something. I'll contact the Ministry of Interior probably and will see if they can direct me to the correct department for this.

He's claiming to be a high ranking government official.

and why is that bothering you? :D

Yes, strange people on here, besides there has been many people pretending to be high ranking government officials for decades in this country and they've been getting away with it, so why shouldn't a westerner have a go :o

It's bothering me because he wants to borrow a large sum of money from me (never going to happen anyways) and threatens me with his little fake ID if I don't give it to him. I barely even know the guy, he just lives near me. So like I said in the first post, he's annoying me, doesn't stop, so I have to do something. I'll contact the Ministry of Interior probably and will see if they can direct me to the correct department for this.

well if it was me i would tell him to <deleted> off at the end of the day what can he do

Anyone know where is the best place to report a Farang running around with a fake Thai Government ID? He's getting on my nerves. I was thinking Thai Immigration perhaps, or better the Tourist Police? Never had to deal with the Thai Police so I have no idea.

:o

As a matter of interest what nationality is he. There are other things u can do.

OMG! Are you serious? That is called extortion isnt it? The nerve of this guy, just reminds me that TOTAL SCUM seem to come to this country in large numbers.. GAD! dam_n I kinda wish that would happen to me, I know someone that would have that guy in SERIOUS trouble... but dont think he would help me help a stranger.... My advice to you is to get some thai people to report a falang is trying to extort money by pretending to be an official to police , no way that id is real if he is trying to extort people with it.

Damian

I have seen laminated police ('get-out-of-jail') cards given by high-ranking cops to in-law/favoured expats but they tend to be rarer than unicorns. If you piss off an expat with one of these bad boys then you are in some water. But it's usually even-handed expats who have these (at least the ones I've met have been).

These usually have the policemans rank, police number, office number , mobile number etc with some specific information and authenticate details about the person they've given them to (in thai(so they don't fall into the wrong hands)).

Government I.D is a whole different ballpark though and considering it's a barred profession either he's in tight with a thai employee, he's stolen one and doctored it or he's just a wide boy with fake id from Koh San.

You can get almost anything forged on Koh San Road these days so a dodgy government I.D is likely to be one of them.

As, if someone really had government I.D connections they'd unlikely be panhandling for cash.

Go to the cops, tell them everything about this little <deleted> and see if there is any modicum of truth to his tale. If all is well then when he moseys along to see you next....

Call the pricks bluff, and tell him you're gonna report his ass to immigration police if he hassles you anymore for cash.

Ask him what powers his shitty little card allows him? I'm imagining about as much as waving it around. :o

If he comes the wide boy and gets all agressive just tell him to go to the police station and see what magic he's got.

Now because the police know this idiots game when you waltz on in their the cops should be on your side.

I'd imagine impersonating a government official is a hefty crime. Cue the money to the cops and smiles all around :D

It's bothering me because he wants to borrow a large sum of money from me (never going to happen anyways) and threatens me with his little fake ID if I don't give it to him.

I think your money will have more influence than a fake ID and lack of money.

Just tell him to do whatever he likes.