It Is Too Cold

moo9

Hi,

noticing the chilly temps this morning, I have to bring the topic back to the top. Anybody has an idea of the lowest ever measured temperature in Pattaya?

Moo9

It is a little on the cool side today, yesterday did not reach any great heights. I have been forced to wear long pants today, if it doesn't get warm soon I'll have to go looking for socks and shoes to keep the feet warm, and then ... a jumper. :o

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

noticing the chilly temps this morning, I have to bring the topic back to the top. Anybody has an idea of the lowest ever measured temperature in Pattaya?

Moo9

I found one source that mentioned the coldest temperature recorded in Pattaya was 14.6 C, but no date.

Supposedly (and surprisingly) the coldest temperature ever recorded (-1.4 C) was on this day (2 January) in 1974 at Sakon Nakhon.

post-30643-1199237353_thumb.png

Thanks, I googled too and found also that temperature, however - as you mentioned - without any date.

Surprising to see as well, that 40 degrees C were never achieved in Pattaya!

The average minimum for Jan is 22 degrees, so this morning it was down to 18 or 19 C. But the forecast promises that it will get warmer again by the weekend.

Cheers

Moo9

Just checked the Thai Met Office from the link above, says that Buriram the min will be 15.2 degrees. I dont know how low it went last night, I had a duvet, but it was 14 degrees at 7am, its now 16 degrees and it is nearly nine. A lot colder than last year. Many of the Thais (the woman opposite and many children, to name a few) in my village have "chilblains", I am serious.

Just checked the Thai Met Office from the link above, says that Buriram the min will be 15.2 degrees. I dont know how low it went last night, I had a duvet, but it was 14 degrees at 7am, its now 16 degrees and it is nearly nine. A lot colder than last year. Many of the Thais (the woman opposite and many children, to name a few) in my village have "chilblains", I am serious.

I already got a cold from the cold....

There will be another drop of 2 C tonight...It is amazing how one adapts to the climate after 1.5 yrs. I wonder how chilly it would feel now back in Europe....

Thanks Buddha it will get warmer again for the weekend :o

I really do not know what you guys in Pattaya are whingging about?

It's all about climatising. Coming from a cold country to Thailand and you think it's hot. Stay for a while, especially through the hotter times and when it cools down you really feel it. Something to do with your blood thinning i think.

It's all about climatising. Coming from a cold country to Thailand and you think it's hot. Stay for a while, especially through the hotter times and when it cools down you really feel it. Something to do with your blood thinning i think.

No, thats alcohol Mr BJ :o

No, thats alcohol Mr BJ :o

Spoken as a true expert :D

Hi,

Moo9

I found one source that mentioned the coldest temperature recorded in Pattaya was 14.6 C, but no date.

Supposedly (and surprisingly) the coldest temperature ever recorded (-1.4 C) was on this day (2 January) in 1974 at Sakon Nakhon.

100 k's north of Sakon Nakhon ,,, 6 degrees out in the open this morning ,,15 inside ,, it might get to 25 thru the day if the wind stays away ,,, shoes and socks this morning and a jumper ,,, but still cannot bring myself to put on long pants (perfect weather ) :o