I Will Walk From Asia To Europe!

AdventureAsia

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he is a troll, well it was a nice story lol.

To be honest I thought of myself when reading that. At 14 I traveled 3,500 kms without much more than two pair of shorts and no money. I did have enough for the bus fare though! lol When I got to my destination I slept on the wharfs until someone would give me a job...A long two weeks, but it was worth it.

I agree with the troll / poster. No money no stress and no boundary's, total freedom! ................ BUT, the downside is no food!

Make sure you take a plastic bag and some rope.. the two essentials in gathering water and if there is none, you have the rope!

good luck if your really doing it, if not thanks for the memories!

I plan to leave from bangkok next week, if anyone want to join me on my adventure just tell me, am a very friendly guy and a good english speaker.

Let's do it. Fighto fighto. Be safe wherever you decide to walk to, if life is too depressed then you should walk it off. Yup!!

Hi since i got no Visa,no money,no credit card and most of all no "real" life i thought to myself. Am tired of being stuck in Bkk with nothing. After some planing i thought i might as well walk back to europe and just "sneak" myself over the borders (since i dont have any visa's) I plan to go from BKK to north thailand-to laos-to-china-russia-finland-sweden-norway where i live.

I am not sure if i will take this way yet, maybe i go another way. Since i leave Thailand with only 500 baht i will need to get free food on the way, something i think is easy once i get out of bangkok and more north in Thailand. I am worried about when/if i reach russia, if it would be very cold. probably it would be summertime if i leave now. This will take me around 1 year i guess, something thats not so long since now am only 19 (20 in a few days)

I am very excited with this idea and i would be a great adventure, i got nothing to loose anyway.

Anyone here done this kinda stuff before? I would love if someone would join me on the way because i guess its pretty boring to walk for 1 year alone.

I plan to leave from bangkok next week, if anyone want to join me on my adventure just tell me, am a very friendly guy and a good english speaker.

complete <deleted>....no one on here believes a peep your saying {maybe some dense members do}forget comedy fool!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
howdy guys after walking for around 2 weeks i am almost out of bangkok, i had a few pit stops and feel really tired but we should never give up, okay i gotta continue walking, see u in another 1 month!

May be an idea to do a left or right onto highway 32 when you feel the urge to leave the '9' ring road :o

Two weeks and almost out of BKK boy you will be in Norway in no time at that rate. I like the idea someone had of the hot air balloon and drifting there. Now the question is "How many condoms would it take full of hot air to lift a basket with AA in it." I'm sure that those could be donated to him, some might be slightly used, but what the heck. :o:D:D

]The End Of The Road[/b]

1. Ev'ry road thro' life is a long, long road .
    Fill' d with joys and sorrows too
    As you journey on how your heart will yearn
    For the things most dear to you
    With wealth and love ‘tis so
    But onward we must go
    Chorus
  2. Keep right on to the end of the road
    Keep right on to the end
    Tho' the way be long, let your heart be strong
    Keep right on to the end
    Tho’ you're tired and weary still journey on,
    Till you come to your happy abode
    Where all you love, you've been dreaming of
    Will be there, at the end of the road

3. With a big stout heart to a long steep hill
    We may get there with a smile
    With a good kind thought and a mile end view
    We may cut short many a mile
    So let courage ev’ry day
    Be your guiding star alway
    Chorus .

Harry Lauder

and

John Mccormack

"It's A Long Way To Tipperary"

post-52326-1198155157.jpg

John_McCormack___It_s_A_Long_Way_To_Tipperary.mp3

Edited by LeungKen

There is a guy in Kamphaeng Phet that was walking aorund the world and he had achieved a total of over 4,000 kms, but, was forced to return to teaching in Thailand as his attempts to find sponsors did not work out as expected. He was doing it in support of a charity in Bangkok run by a Catholic Priest. Last I saw of him was doing what the Irish do best. I am sure that he would restart if the sponsorship materialized. See http://www.world-wide-walk.org for more. As for our northern friend.....a trollific story.

Google Fat Man Walking and you will see a story about a 415 pound guy who walked across the United States to lose weight and to find himself. He made it. It took him a little over a year and he lost over a 100 pounds. That would certainly be much easier than walking farther through foreign countries with no documents and not knowing the languages.

Google Fat Man Walking and you will see a story about a 415 pound guy who walked across the United States to lose weight and to find himself. He made it. It took him a little over a year and he lost over a 100 pounds. That would certainly be much easier than walking farther through foreign countries with no documents and not knowing the languages.

Sounds like something out of Tom Hanks movie "Forrest Gump". Only Forrest jogged