I Will Walk From Asia To Europe!

AdventureAsia

This qualifies as the dumbest idea I have ever heard.

Let me tell you why:

1. You have no money

2. You are 19 years old and obviously you have no grasp of the dangers you may very well encounter. You think it's a cake walk passing through borders or even the jungle?

3. You will get lost taking shortcuts

Go to your embassy and let them help you out.

Listen to all the replies on here, it is sound advice and quite possibly something that will save your life.

Note: Above is based on the asumption that this guy is not a troll.

Edited by DB84

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it would be an awesome idea if you had money and arranged for visas. Otherwise it's pretty absurd. That being said, my friend hitchhiked from France to India (and I think SE Asia thereafter) in the 60's. Probably the single greatest experience you could have.

Hey I have an idea. Why don't we start a foundation for this guy? I mean if 30-40 people would give me him just a 1000 baht he would have enough money to buy an air ticket and go home.

What do you think?

wow, great idea - and since your at it why not found myself, too? just a 1000 baht of 30-40 of you people, and i go home, no problem...

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, after i walked north for a while ang got hungry but there were no people to feed me i decided to go back to BKK to live my life here, i heard about a Swedish lasy in Pattaya that also lives on the street maybe ill team up with her.

Anyway i hitch hiked back to BKK with some old truckers, it was a nice trip but i would never made it back to Norway and i don't wanna stay in prison in Burama. Now i just gotta avoid the cops so they won't lock me up. Anyone know some decent places to sleep in BKK?

When people see a white farang sleeping on the street they usually call the cops so i need a place where i can actually sleep more then 1 hour a night. Anyway when it comes to food i sometimes get food from some thai people i "know" and a few bucks for my old business.

Anyway if you have some recomendations where i could sleep in peace tell me. Maybe i should get down to Pattays seems to be more people like me there. Okay anyway i will check back on the forum in a few day i guess to check for recommended places to sleep, i found that some bushes in a park here are accaptable.

ohh and i havent stopped my plans about getting back to Norway completly yet, but i will train first. Survival and strenght training in BKK.

Hi everyone, after i walked north for a while ang got hungry but there were no people to feed me i decided to go back to BKK to live my life here, i heard about a Swedish lasy in Pattaya that also lives on the street maybe ill team up with her.

Anyway i hitch hiked back to BKK with some old truckers, it was a nice trip but i would never made it back to Norway and i don't wanna stay in prison in Burama. Now i just gotta avoid the cops so they won't lock me up. Anyone know some decent places to sleep in BKK?

When people see a white farang sleeping on the street they usually call the cops so i need a place where i can actually sleep more then 1 hour a night. Anyway when it comes to food i sometimes get food from some thai people i "know" and a few bucks for my old business.

Anyway if you have some recomendations where i could sleep in peace tell me. Maybe i should get down to Pattays seems to be more people like me there. Okay anyway i will check back on the forum in a few day i guess to check for recommended places to sleep, i found that some bushes in a park here are accaptable.

ohh and i havent stopped my plans about getting back to Norway completly yet, but i will train first. Survival and strenght training in BKK.

Fantastic... Well done. Get yourself to Pattya as soon as you can and everything will be fine. Good luck mate. You're an inspiration that Pattya is waiting for.

Welcome back to Bangkok !

I have some tips for you !

1. Ask a Thai lady to wash and iron your clothes...brush your teeth and shave your skin (the latter you can do yourself I presume...)

2. Then walk into a(ny) 5 star hotel in BKK; the Lobby/door boys won't stop you; walk to the swimming pool and ask for a towel....dive in the pool and nest yourself amongst the rich-and-famous-farang-travellers.

3. You can sleep during daytime around the pool.

4. Walk out in the evening and have some fun around town.

5. Be back around 10.00AM every morning so the Lobby/door boys remember you and the pool guys as well.

6. pay attention to your neighbor guests at the pool and 'find' their room number.

7. order some food and tell them the room number; you will feel better after a week or so.

Remember, keep smiling, always and speak, behave polite

LaoPo :o

Yes,

Ok,

I can see the previous posters point but, essentially, I really think you need to get to Pattya.

Firstly, there are the magnificent beaches.

Secondly, a plethora of moronic Europeans who will take pity on you and offer you alms.

Thirdly, said morons leave healthy scraps every where, good tucker for the hungry.

Fourthly, Lots of aged, desperate, bored biddies and blokes who'll love indulging a bright young adventurer such as your self.

Best of luck mate

Lad will be dead in a week trouncing through the jungle.... this has to be a joke. :o If so poor how can the lad post on TV???

Where's your sense of adventure? Let's encourage the young fella to keep trolling. A splendid example to young people everywhere. Head south young man, Head south

Lad will be dead in a week trouncing through the jungle.... this has to be a joke. :o If so poor how can the lad post on TV???

Where's your sense of adventure? Let's encourage the young fella to keep trolling. A splendid example to young people everywhere. Head south young man, Head south

Yeah, right into the crossfire at the very south of Thailand. Oh! and Pattaya can really do without him thanks very much!!!!!!!

If you're 19 (or nearly 20, as you said) you shouldn't have any problem finding a nice lady in Bangkok or in Pattaya (wherever you are) offering you to stay for the night at her apartment free of charge. If you're lucky she'll even tip you.

Hi AdventureAsia .

Im a Norwegian , I can help you if you need money for travelling home to Norway. And contact your friends here. If u wanna walk all the way home at least try to get some travel documents and visas with you.

So If you're for real let me know.

Du er vel norsk ? :o

Hi AdventureAsia .

Im a Norwegian , I can help you if you need money for travelling home to Norway. And contact your friends here. If u wanna walk all the way home at least try to get some travel documents and visas with you.

Ja jeg er Norsk :D

Thanks for good tip everyone ill try em all out, i liked the 1 about the pool thing, am gonna try it nothing to loose anyway. Okay am going to a pool for sleep now and ill shape myself up etc. Anyway i will be back later to tell u guys how am doin. Thanks for all support :D if all else fails ill be coming to Pattaya.

Fantastic... Well done. Get yourself to Pattya as soon as you can and everything will be fine. Good luck mate. You're an inspiration that Pattya is waiting for.

He can meet up with all those Ex SAS/SBS guys who live in Pattaya. Sure they'll be able to give him plenty of tips on survival etc... :o

Hi AdventureAsia .

Ja jeg er Norsk :D

Thanks for good tip everyone ill try em all out, i liked the 1 about the pool thing, am gonna try it nothing to loose anyway. Okay am going to a pool for sleep now and ill shape myself up etc. Anyway i will be back later to tell u guys how am doin. Thanks for all support :D if all else fails ill be coming to Pattaya.

Whatever happened to Dogge ? :D

Hi there Mr. Norway. Hope you can make it to Phuket for a bit. I think I might even find a way for you to make some money. A couple of the kids are doing tissue sampling. One gave me a long sob story about how difficult it was to work with some of the left over bodies that everyone else had pilfered the best parts. So I'm thinking, wow, maybe they could collect samples from a fresh specimen. I reckon, a couple biopsies and scrapings and you're a thousand baht richer. What say you?

Surely it is better to swim, good exercise no wear on your shoes and plenty of fish to eat on the way. This has the added benifit that if you keep at least 12 miles off the coast you willbe in international waters and therefore not be breaking any visa rules.

Hi since i got no Visa,no money,no credit card and most of all no "real" life i thought to myself. Am tired of being stuck in Bkk with nothing. After some planing i thought i might as well walk back to europe and just "sneak" myself over the borders (since i dont have any visa's) I plan to go from BKK to north thailand-to laos-to-china-russia-finland-sweden-norway where i live.

I am not sure if i will take this way yet, maybe i go another way. Since i leave Thailand with only 500 baht i will need to get free food on the way, something i think is easy once i get out of bangkok and more north in Thailand. I am worried about when/if i reach russia, if it would be very cold. probably it would be summertime if i leave now. This will take me around 1 year i guess, something thats not so long since now am only 19 (20 in a few days)

I am very excited with this idea and i would be a great adventure, i got nothing to loose anyway.

Anyone here done this kinda stuff before? I would love if someone would join me on the way because i guess its pretty boring to walk for 1 year alone.

I plan to leave from bangkok next week, if anyone want to join me on my adventure just tell me, am a very friendly guy and a good english speaker.

Yeah. 5 times in the last 10 years!! Getting bored with it now.

i am surprised how few people on this board have any sense of adventure! i would never do it myself but i know a few people who have done things like this- a good friend of mine hitchhiked from alaska to argentina on her own and she is blonde and blue eyed, had almost no money. not sure about her visa situation though. these things can be done, and i guarantee you they make for much more interesting people than those who sit at home and follow all the rules.

Hi there Mr. Norway. Hope you can make it to Phuket for a bit. I think I might even find a way for you to make some money. A couple of the kids are doing tissue sampling. One gave me a long sob story about how difficult it was to work with some of the left over bodies that everyone else had pilfered the best parts. So I'm thinking, wow, maybe they could collect samples from a fresh specimen. I reckon, a couple biopsies and scrapings and you're a thousand baht richer. What say you?

and organ donation :o