I Will Walk From Asia To Europe!

AdventureAsia

Hi since i got no Visa,no money,no credit card and most of all no "real" life i thought to myself. Am tired of being stuck in Bkk with nothing. After some planing i thought i might as well walk back to europe and just "sneak" myself over the borders (since i dont have any visa's) I plan to go from BKK to north thailand-to laos-to-china-russia-finland-sweden-norway where i live.

I am not sure if i will take this way yet, maybe i go another way. Since i leave Thailand with only 500 baht i will need to get free food on the way, something i think is easy once i get out of bangkok and more north in Thailand. I am worried about when/if i reach russia, if it would be very cold. probably it would be summertime if i leave now. This will take me around 1 year i guess, something thats not so long since now am only 19 (20 in a few days)

I am very excited with this idea and i would be a great adventure, i got nothing to loose anyway.

Anyone here done this kinda stuff before? I would love if someone would join me on the way because i guess its pretty boring to walk for 1 year alone.

I plan to leave from bangkok next week, if anyone want to join me on my adventure just tell me, am a very friendly guy and a good english speaker.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just "sneak" myself over the borders (since i dont have any visa's) I plan to go from BKK to north thailand-to laos-to-china-russia-finland-sweden

If sneaking over borders is your plan, I suspect that you will end up imprisoned in one of these countries when highway patrols stop and question you as to why you are walking in the middle of nowhere, and discover that you have no money or visa.

if you don't have thai visa go tomorrow to the first police station to get yourself arrested and send home on the next airplane (maybe with a few days waiting in the jail to sort your ticket).

if you prefer softer way to the norwey consulate and explain them your desparate situation - they do have emergency funding and would put you on the airplane (you might have to sign a paper that on return to norwey you will pay them money back).

otherwise - don't advice inprisonment in thailand, laos, china, russia or in any other country for illegally crossing state border

just "sneak" myself over the borders (since i dont have any visa's) I plan to go from BKK to north thailand-to laos-to-china-russia-finland-sweden

If sneaking over borders is your plan, I suspect that you will end up imprisoned in one of these countries when highway patrols stop and question you as to why you are walking in the middle of nowhere, and discover that you have no money or visa.

Hi, i do not paln to follow the highway all the way since i know this is dangerous, i plan to to take shortcuts in the jungle and small ways and so on. Crossing the borders i think will be easy since there is a big crossing for all those country's

Call mom and dad- tell them to send the money for a ticket. It amounts to the same thing as them having to bail you out of a Lao or Chinese or Russian prison where no one understands English (or Norwegian.)

Spend the next year finding a job at home in Norway and getting a life.

I think it will be dangerous as others have said... but also exciting if you can really do it. I worry that you have no money though... I don't think some other countries will be so good when you are begging for food and travelling through Siberia will be very cold :o

Damm dude. Just go to the Norwegian embassy or just report yourself to the police. Walking would be dangerous even if you take "shortcuts". I mean what if you get lost in the jungle and don't have any food? Or what if you get bitten by a snake or something? Crossing the borders would be easy (especially in Asia and Rusia) but it's still a risk. You don't want to go to Chinese or Russian prison, it's not like Norway and Sweden when the serve you nice meet and a nice warm bed everyday. It's hard shit dude.

Anyways whatever you want to do I wish you good luck!

Youve got my blessing and safe voyage AA, im a loner at heart and you are doing something i should have done years ago when i was more fit, Ive travelled Europe many times on old motorbikes including Norway, and have found friendly people everywhere, sharing food and drink, Be carefull with borders though, although there is not many Iron Curtain countries in the world now, good luck and hope to hear about your adventure along the way, Lickey & Pan..

I suspect you are either a troll or very very stupid. What makes you think that illegal border hopping is an adventure ?? If you had at least the visas it may be doable, as it is you are talking about bumming it with nothing, asians pay thousands to get into europe illegaly and your going to do it on your own ? that is just plain dumb.

I suspect you will find yourself locked up the first time you are stopped, you can't even blend in being a farang so even cross country will be risky, do you think nobody will notice a farang in the middle of a field?,as for the jungle you won't be able to navigate where you are, and are as likely to end up dead, jungles are not holiday parks they are dangerous for those with no training in survival, you have already shown you have zero common sense.

Don't do it, do as others have suggested and get help.

• Like 1

Hi since i got no Visa,no money,no credit card and most of all no "real" life i thought to myself. Am tired of being stuck in Bkk with nothing. After some planing i thought i might as well walk back to europe and just "sneak" myself over the borders (since i dont have any visa's) I plan to go from BKK to north thailand-to laos-to-china-russia-finland-sweden-norway where i live.

I am not sure if i will take this way yet, maybe i go another way. Since i leave Thailand with only 500 baht i will need to get free food on the way, something i think is easy once i get out of bangkok and more north in Thailand. I am worried about when/if i reach russia, if it would be very cold. probably it would be summertime if i leave now. This will take me around 1 year i guess, something thats not so long since now am only 19 (20 in a few days)

I am very excited with this idea and i would be a great adventure, i got nothing to loose anyway.

Anyone here done this kinda stuff before? I would love if someone would join me on the way because i guess its pretty boring to walk for 1 year alone.

I plan to leave from bangkok next week, if anyone want to join me on my adventure just tell me, am a very friendly guy and a good english speaker.

I would think that you and perhaps another 3 million people in Bangkok have the same thoughts and problems, seems like you are getting no encouragement from falangs, so try asking some Thai teens if they want to go with you, dont ask too many though!!, good luck, Lickey & Pan.

I think it will be dangerous as others have said... but also exciting if you can really do it.

I think that this guy is probably a wind-up artist, but are you really encouraging him to walk through all of these countries with no visas?

Youve got my blessing and safe voyage AA, im a loner at heart and you are doing something i should have done years ago when i was more fit, Ive travelled Europe many times on old motorbikes including Norway, and have found friendly people everywhere, sharing food and drink, Be carefull with borders though, although there is not many Iron Curtain countries in the world now, good luck and hope to hear about your adventure along the way, Lickey & Pan..

I see jail time in your future. As for sharing food, I'm thinking the offerings will be slim and none in the first "gray bar" hotel you get checked into! :o

Hey guys as i said i got no money, so i will be sleeping outside or if someone let me in their house on the way its great. I belive this can be done. I also been a boyscout before i know its not much but i know basics for survial. I am also very scared to end up in jail but in the same way i feel very excited to. I will post here as often as i can about where i am and how i am doing, so please keep this thread open atleast 1 more year (hehe)

I will do whatever it takes, walk and hitchike with people. Maybe i never get to Norway but atleast i had a adventure.

Maybe i settle down for a few years in a small village i china, i mean who knows! I will wear old clothes and make myself look thai, i wont be going around in gucci jeans, a white tank top and sunglasses.

I like the thought of being free, you might say you are free if you are rich or wahetver, but the true is you are bever free and you will never be free if you dont challange yourself and have nothing.

I have been working the import/export here for 2 years now, but my buseiness went downhill and i ended up on the street, i can honestly say am more happy now because i can do what i want.

I am a very healthy guy, i never drink,party,fuc_k around,take drugs or do other stupid things. I also been going to gym and thai boxing quite long so my shape and health is pretty good.

On the way i will bring some old clothes which am going to wear and my back pack. In my back pack i have another set of clothes,food,water,2x Knuckle Buckers (you never know what might happend) a compass and a maps over asia.

Both of my parrents died in a car accident while i was here, something that i feel bad about and i dont have any friends in Europe, my goal is Norway but when i get there i dont know what to do, thats why i say maybe i settle down in a small village somewhere on the way if the poeple are nice and if it is a quite place.

Anyway am going to sleep now with the rats outside hehe, wish me the best of luck, i wont be back here for maybe 1 week, cheers

Hey guys as i said i got no money, so i will be sleeping outside or if someone let me in their house on the way its great. I belive this can be done. I also been a boyscout before i know its not much but i know basics for survial. I am also very scared to end up in jail but in the same way i feel very excited to. I will post here as often as i can about where i am and how i am doing, so please keep this thread open atleast 1 more year (hehe)

I will do whatever it takes, walk and hitchike with people. Maybe i never get to Norway but atleast i had a adventure.

Maybe i settle down for a few years in a small village i china, i mean who knows! I will wear old clothes and make myself look thai, i wont be going around in gucci jeans, a white tank top and sunglasses.

I like the thought of being free, you might say you are free if you are rich or wahetver, but the true is you are bever free and you will never be free if you dont challange yourself and have nothing.

I have been working the import/export here for 2 years now, but my buseiness went downhill and i ended up on the street, i can honestly say am more happy now because i can do what i want.

I am a very healthy guy, i never drink,party,fuc_k around,take drugs or do other stupid things. I also been going to gym and thai boxing quite long so my shape and health is pretty good.

On the way i will bring some old clothes which am going to wear and my back pack. In my back pack i have another set of clothes,food,water,2x Knuckle Buckers (you never know what might happend) a compass and a maps over asia.

Both of my parrents died in a car accident while i was here, something that i feel bad about and i dont have any friends in Europe, my goal is Norway but when i get there i dont know what to do, thats why i say maybe i settle down in a small village somewhere on the way if the poeple are nice and if it is a quite place.

Anyway am going to sleep now with the rats outside hehe, wish me the best of luck, i wont be back here for maybe 1 week, cheers

:D well...our friend the OP wrote this Thai local time 06.20AM and he's still on line 45 minutes later.***

Is the Internet cafe still open or open already or are you using your own Laptop AA ?

Have a nice walk home.

edit

*** "Last Seen: Yesterday, 2007-11-28 23:35:33" As far as I know it means that the OP has been on line since that time until now......How does he do that, without money...?............... :o

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo

Just a thought......go read the book or see the movie "Into the Wild."

Yeah probably a troll but if he makes it he'll have a hel_l of a good travel book.

He should read "The longest March" about a German paratrooper who escaped from a Siberian lead mine after the war and walked back to Germany, took him about 3 years if I remember correctly.

I personally would not entertain what you are thinking of doing...BUT if you are serious about it, why not get some sponsors in on it?

Sponsors, a good video cam and as another poster mentioned, you will have an excellent travel guide to market..if you make it.

Good luck! :o

I personally would not entertain what you are thinking of doing...BUT if you are serious about it, why not get some sponsors in on it?

Sponsors, a good video cam and as another poster mentioned, you will have an excellent travel guide to market..if you make it.

Good luck! :o

That's a great idea! Take out some adverts, you know along the lines of "I'm going to walk from Thailand to Norway without any money nor visas, sneaking across international borders as I go. I'm planning to leave Thailand end of November and travel via China, Russia etc etc. What I need is people to sponsor this venture. If you can help contact me on ...................."

I'm sure, in addition to sponsors, he'll meet plenty of interesting people along the way and get some great free accommodation.