Time To Say Thank You

I think we all understand that Imigration reads this forum.

I have to give a very big thank you to the imigration officials at Korat.

My home phone rang and a thai official said to my wife please remind your husband that he must do his 90 day reporting soon.

Know I reed about all the Thai corruption and imigration trying to make money now I have to question that.

I think if you are well behaved do what is asked for you without question. They will look after you.

Thai Police corrupt can be if you are.

Edited by tomo22

I think we all understand that Imigration reads this forum.

I have to give a very big thank you to the imigration officials at Korat.

My home phone rang and said to my wife please remind your husband that he must do his 90 day reporting soon.

Know I reed about all the Thai corruption and im trying to make money.

I think if you are well behaved do what is asked for you without question. They will look after you.

Thai Police corrupt can be if you are.

Oh yes, Korat immigration. Came there to extend my 60 day tourist visa with another 30 days, when the very friendly official advised me that since I was recently married with a Thai, he could give me a 60 day extension. I have later understood that this is only given once. So I cant apply for it again, but it was a nice surprise. So my experience with the Korat office are also only positive.

A big thanks from me as well :-)

Yes, indeed, time for Thanks giving.

Thanks to Thailand Immigration Police (Chiang Mai) for renewing my retirement visa with no hassle.

Thanks to the driver license bureau for a five year renewal of car and motorcycle licenses.

Thanks to the Thai people for not ripping me off. Most honest people I've ever known.

I agree, many of us, myself included, complain far too much, and also fail to report all the good things actually happening every day. I guess we take those for granted. So nice to hear some positive stories for a change.

Mine happened yesterday, I paid for some paint at a Jotun shop in Naklua, and just as I was leaving, the sales lady came running after me with a hundred baht note I had paid too much (and no, it wasn't a tip!)

But PB, I was sure you were just about leaving for, was it Mehico...? Tired of Thailand? Or am I mixing things up now...?

And if the Jomtien office read this site why does the 'free' residency certificate cost Baht 200 with no receipt?

Unless you want to wait a hundred years for it. TIT

WOW, ONLY B200!!!

The "nice man" from ex-AEK Udon wanted and got 1K for the same document.

I hope he can't do that at working at Nong Khai imm? :o

Is this something new for TV - a discussion praising the bureaucracy instead of running it down.

Lets hope it starts a new trend as like others I am sick to the back teeth of all the bitching that goes on and usually by those trying to short circuit or manipulate the system for their own ends.

• 2 months later...

I also have always got efficient friendly service from the Thai Immigration around the country.

The offices invloved are Nan, Lap Cheong and Phusing.

Good preparation and proper documents are a big part of the 'game' and for that we need to thank this forum in ThaiVisa

Let's not forget the officers at the airports who do a very good job also always friendly and no fuss.

I congratulate Thai Post for only charging me 20 baht to send a heavy hard drive all the way from Pai to Chonburi, also Mae Nong Son immigration for processing my 90 day check-ins so efficiently, I like the man!!