Ubc

tuky

UBC  

214 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

''I think for someone who spends lots of time in the bars, UBC could be a waste of $$. But since I don't drink, my UBC costs me about the price of a beer per day. ''

Correct,it's nothing cmpared to what some spend on beer and birds.

One poster on here said if ou have money to 'burn' then get UBC.To 'burn' what 2 grand a month!! Ha ha,laughable.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you only have UBC in your area it's a no brainer, go for it. If there are other cable operators, often pirated, their price is unbeateable.

On the other hand you won't get much from pirated cables.

Most of the programming blame is misdirected. UBC doesn't produce Discovery, HBO, ESPN or Star World, it just relays them to your home. Tired of reapeats - compain to producers.

Advertising is allowed only for pass-through, that is "embedded" with original programming, like on CNN. UBC can now legally run their own ads now but they haven't came around to it yet.

There are no real alternatives. Astro is not cheaper, and their package structure is even more confusing. Don't forget you'll have to [illegaly] buy their subscription cards. There's also South African "Multi" something that cost literally an arm and a leg and offers even less channels (though pub owners like it because it has English commentary at all times).

Or you can get a sat dish yourself and point it to the sky, but no one invented free HBO yet, it's just not there, and neither are Discovery, History or ESPN. All the interesting "packages" cost money, whether they Malaysian Astro cards or Philippino or Australian or whatever, and it comes out UBC is often cheaper.

If you are lucky and there's someone in your area who decodes those channels and [illegally] resells them to you for 250 baht a month - you are just lucky, and I believe that is the case with quoted prices in Taiwan.

If any of the countries in the region sells HDTV programming, let us know, it might be worth extra hassle of using their subscription cards instead of UBC.

''I think for someone who spends lots of time in the bars, UBC could be a waste of $$. But since I don't drink, my UBC costs me about the price of a beer per day. ''

Correct,it's nothing cmpared to what some spend on beer and birds.

One poster on here said if ou have money to 'burn' then get UBC.To 'burn' what 2 grand a month!! Ha ha,laughable.

Not only that, UBC won't give you a hangover .. or convince you to buy a water buffalo, new motorcycle, house .... :o

the only way to get something out of UBC is in connection with a harddrive recorder. mine runs 24 hours a day, 80% i delete and 20% i watch.

How do you have that set up, Naam? Do you have your own or the extra UBC box?

the only way to get something out of UBC is in connection with a harddrive recorder. mine runs 24 hours a day, 80% i delete and 20% i watch.

How do you have that set up, Naam? Do you have your own or the extra UBC box?

we have two UBC receivers and two harddrive recorders (in idfferent rooms). UBC are rented, recorders we bought ~two years ago. at that time Philips 250gb harddrive was ~23,000 and Panasonic 180gb harddrive was ~18,000 Baht. meanwhile prices should have come down considerably.

I've been hearing about the "Sling Box" and wondering how well that would work with our on-again off-again ADSL with a hard drive? I'm having trouble getting my head around that. Hard drive on each end?

Edited by klikster

I too had free gold package in my unit but have now ended up paying for platinum because i was getting a bad picture plus i wanted BBC/STAR WOLD and all the sport ch's for the footy.I pay 2500bt per month as i have an additional box in the bedroom for the gf.(400 bt per month extra which is reasonable to be fair)

Its an absolute rip off it is complete rubbish,same movies every month,all repeats,no decent comedy channel etc, but i couldn't do without it,they can't even deliver my mag on time every month.

This is my biggest gripe. No comedy channel. Would like Comedy Central or something similar. Yes- and no Star World in the Gold Package. That sucks.

Also, I think it's ridiculous to have to pay for each room. Want UBC in 3 rooms? Triple the price. <deleted>?

P.S. I voted 'Yes'