Good On Ya Oz!

Nice going Aussies! In fact they had a good chance for the gold except for a controversial "catch" by a Cuban outfielder in the fourth inning.

It's a good lesson for the US. The international competition in "America's pastime" is a lot tougher and they have to play a lot better to compete.

It will be interesting if the proposed baseball world competition does come together in a couple of years and all pros are eligible to play for their native countries.

Nice going Aussies! In fact they had a good chance for the gold except for a controversial "catch" by a Cuban outfielder in the fourth inning.

It's a good lesson for the US. The international competition in "America's pastime" is a lot tougher and they have to play a lot better to compete.

It will be interesting if the proposed baseball world competition does come together in a couple of years and all pros are eligible to play for their native countries.

Do you play baseball??

Who'da thought? :o:D:D

I'm sure a quickly cobbled together American All Star Team can take care of business....... :D

But I wonder how Thailand would fare...Oh wait, Thais don't play baseball...:D

I'm sure a quickly cobbled together American All Star Team can take care of business....... :D

I'm not so sure, especially if a lot of the "American" players decide to play for their native country, like Sosa and many others for the Domincan Republic, Ichiro and Matsui for Japan, some other big stars for Cuba, etc... :o

There's a lot of foreign born players in MLB these days, just guessing but maybe what ... 20%?? ...more??

(Of course many of them are American citizens now so I guess they could choose who to play for.)

Who'da thought? :o:D:D

But I wonder how Thailand would fare...Oh wait, Thais don't play baseball...:D

Thais do play baseball. There is a baseball league and a fastpitch softball league--as well as a slow pitch league