Starting A Thai Company

I've got some questions I'd appreciate your advice on:

1. Can a foreigner be the sole owner of a Thai Private Limited Company?

2. Can a foreigner receive income from their Thai company without a work permit?

3. If the Thai company's sole purpose is to bill a foreign company, and pay a salary, what level of money needs to be kept in the company for tax and filing requirements?

4. If the salary being paid is between 1 and 2 million baht, the personal tax rate around 30% correct?. When is this deducted from the salary, as it's paid (monthly) or at end of year?

Thanks much.

1. Can a foreigner be the sole owner of a Thai Private Limited Company?

Sole, no. You need minimum 7 shareholders. But yes a farang can own 99 % of the shares. Provided that your business is not on the 3 lists of the Foreign Business Act (or if it is on list 3 for instance, then you need to ask for a "licence", details here).

2. Can a foreigner receive income from their Thai company without a work permit?

If salary income, no. But dividends, yes.

4. If the salary being paid is between 1 and 2 million baht, the personal tax rate around 30% correct?. When is this deducted from the salary, as it's paid (monthly) or at end of year?

30 % yes (details here).

Monthly.

Edited by cclub75

30 % yes (details here).

Monthly.

Thanks. If I were to limit my Thai income to the better value sub-1M baht tax range, do I need to pay Thai tax on any foreign income as well? ie, if I had income of 999,000B and AU$30K, do I need to pay income tax on the AU$30K in Thailand as well as in Australia?

30 % yes (details here).

Monthly.

Thanks. If I were to limit my Thai income to the better value sub-1M baht tax range, do I need to pay Thai tax on any foreign income as well? ie, if I had income of 999,000B and AU$30K, do I need to pay income tax on the AU$30K in Thailand as well as in Australia?

It depends what kind of foreign income you're referring to and where it is deposited.

if I had income of 999,000B and AU$30K, do I need to pay income tax on the AU$30K in Thailand as well as in Australia?

It depends what kind of foreign income you're referring to and where it is deposited.

Very easy. Check if Thailand and Australia signed a "double taxation treaty" (it looks like they did, read here).

This bilateral treaty is supposed to solve your problems (which country tax what, when someone has income in both).