Should We All Wear Yellow Tomorrow?

taurusguy

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It is your own personal choice, however I certainly plan to wear yellow. In my opinion there are few people on this planet past or present that can match the level of kindness, caring, and wisdom of HRH.

I fully agree I have never met him only his daughter but such a good man can never be found long live our King (I am a Farang but I feel Thai in many ways)

I think it's up to the individual whether to wear yellow or not. I wear yellow every Monday, not only out of respect for HM, but to show my Thai colleagues and friends that I appreciate their culture and want to share in it.

A few months ago I happened to have a doctor's appointment at Samitivej on a Monday and the doctor commented that it was "very nice" that I was wearing yellow.

I don't wear yellow (intentionally) myself although I respect the King I will not do such a thing. I would do such things in a country I was actually emigrating to, but as we all know, most of us aren't real immigrants here. I don't have a problem with non-Thais who decide to participate that way, it feels inappropriate to me, but I am sure it feels appropriate to them if they are doing it. BTW, whether most Thai people approve or not of non-Thais wearing these royal shirts is not the issue; I am talking about the way WE feel about it.

I have a question though. I happen to own quite a few yellow shirts, but they are just yellow shirts, no royal graphics. Quite often by pure coincidence I wear one out of Mondays. Is a generic yellow shirt without Royal graphics on it also seen as a King's tribute shirt?

Edited by Jingthing

All that's required is to wear yellow on Monday. Lots of females wear yellow blouses and shirts that aren't the standard yellow polo shirt. It's quite flexible.

Well, then, I have been wearing yellow on Mondays quite alot. I think I will still wear whatever shirt is clean and pleasing on any day, if it happens to be yellow on a day it means something, so be it.

Will the King actually see you wearing your yellow shirt? No, so who are you wearing it for?

I won't be wearing yellow tomorrow as I don't have any yellow shirts. Should I? I have my opinions.

Long Live the King.

Edited by Neeranam

I do often wear my yellow t-shirt for respect all Thai people. however I think the quality of some of them is crap, even the one I got for 700thb from BKK. Why do they bobble so much?

Long live the King. :D

700 bahts? You're kiddin me!! :o

Will the King actually see you wearing your yellow shirt? No, so who are you wearing it for?

LOL. Only a farang would be so serious about wearing a shirt. If you want to have fun and be part of a happy sea of yellow tomorrow, wear a yellow shirt. If not, don't. Last year HM said it gave him "kamlang-jai" to see so many people wearing yellow.

cum on jing its no coincidence u wear yellow on monday.

I don't get your point, please explain. Often I don't even know its Monday until I hit the streets and see all that yellow out there! Remember, I am retired bum, weekends mean nothing to me.

Edited by Jingthing

As yellow is far from being my favorite colour, I won't.

Next to this, I find it sheepish to follow this colour thing.

Kind of despite it in fact!

Respect comes from the heart, not from the clothes you wear!

True that but EXPRESSING it here we're talking about. How could one know you love him/her if you never express it? It's all good either way though. No harm done.

I won't be wearing yellow tomorrow as I don't have any yellow shirts. Should I? I have my opinions.

Long Live the King.

No, He won't be seeing me wear a yellow shirt tomorrow. But Thai people will and I remember one Monday I accidentally wore a yellow shirt (didn't realize it was Monday) I got many smiles and nods from Thai people. I believe they appreciate the respect shown this worthy man.

So, seeing as how its a national holiday and the birthday of a man who has done more than his share to be worthy of respect and admiration.

Yes. I will be wearing a yellow shirt.

And a note, off-topic bickering trollish comments have been deleted. Lets keep this thread civil please.

The government has been encouraging people to wear yellow since the 1st of December but I haven't seen more yellow being worn than usual.

I think it would look fake for a non-Thai to be wearing yellow, unless their work environment demands it. It would be like a non-Christian wearing a cross or a non-American putting her hand to her heart for the US national anthem (remember when Thatcher did that?) The best we can be is respectful observers.

The government has been encouraging people to wear yellow since the 1st of December but I haven't seen more yellow being worn than usual.

I think it would look fake for a non-Thai to be wearing yellow, unless their work environment demands it. It would be like a non-Christian wearing a cross or a non-American putting her hand to her heart for the US national anthem (remember when Thatcher did that?) The best we can be is respectful observers.

I have seen more here in Pattaya.

I agree it looks fake, but I also think it is personal, and if the person wearing it does it with good intentions, it doesn't matter what it looks like. Also some of us are REAL immigrants here.

Edited by Jingthing

When I fly into Thailand I wear one of my yellow 'King' shirts. It makes me easy to spot when I come through Customs and Immigration and I usually get a smile from the Government officials as they stamp me into Thailand.

It's also my way of showing respect to His Majesty.

Peter

Edit: Spelling

Edited by peter991

Yes. I also will be wearing yellow tomorrow. The King is an outstanding man without whom Thailand would not be like it is today thanks to the 6o+ years of caring for his people. Even when he speaks, one can feel the love he has for his people even though I for one cannot understand what he says - I have to wait for the Bangkok Post next day to learn this.

I love living in Thailand and I am grateful to be allowed to do so. Yes, we may have frustrations at times but we live here because we want to to be here rather than remain in our home country. I think that almost all of us would agree that the King is probably the Worlds greatest leader for having devoted the whole of his life for the betterment of his people and with NO gain for himself, other than the love of his subjects. I am sure that few of us would be here today but for his rule.

Long live the King and I will be wearing my yellow shirt tomorrow to show both my gratitude and my respect for him.

JingThing, critical thinking requires that you see both sides of an opinion before skillfully conceptualizing a view. Not, as in your case, snapping back and faining offense. Yes, I read some of your responses on the mother of all t-shirts thread. A thread that was closed.

The yellow shirt thing is so minor an issue that the very fact you harp on about it seems odd to me. I see it as taking part in something or a small step towards fitting in.