Woman Mauled To Death By Two Dogs

sriracha john

Dogs kill woman at horse farm

Nakhon Pathom - Two dogs attacked and killed a female worker yesterday at a horse-breeding farm in Buddhamondhol district.

Tun Chomchuen, 45, was viciously mauled and killed after she entered the farm with food and water for the horses. Tun had worked at the farm for more than one year with her husband, Shen Inkong. Shen, 51, described the dogs as non-aggressive and he had never seen them bite anyone before.

"I had never imagined that such an attack would happen," Shen said, "But my wife usually carried a stick around and hit these dogs." Shen believed his wife might have tried to prevent one dog, Beckham, from eating pork ribs by hitting it and might have been bending down to collect the pork ribs when she was attacked. "Another dog, Bamboo, might have then joined the attack," he said.

Both Beckham and Bamboo were a mixed breed of 'Bang Kaew' and pit bull terrier.

Beckham was three years old, while Bamboo was a little over two years old. There were many dogs at the horse farm to prevent intruders and were first brought in by former workers. Farm owner Supalak Srisawas said she was not the direct owner of the dogs but would assist with Tun's funeral.

Pol Lt Col Prasong Utaisri, a deputy superintendent at Buddhamondhol Police Station, said the farm owner had already agreed to take responsibility, but police would investigate further to determine who should be held responsible as the owner of the dogs.

- The Nation

Edited by sriracha john

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nakhon Pathom - Two dogs attacked and killed a female worker yesterday at a horse-breeding farm in Buddhamondhol district.

Tun Chomchuen, 45, was viciously mauled and killed after she entered the farm with food and water for the horses. Tun had worked at the farm for more than one year with her husband, Shen Inkong. Shen, 51, described the dogs as non-aggressive and he had never seen them bite anyone before.

"I had never imagined that such an attack would happen," Shen said, "But my wife usually carried a stick around and hit these dogs." Shen believed his wife might have tried to prevent one dog, Beckham, from eating pork ribs by hitting it and might have been bending down to collect the pork ribs when she was attacked. "Another dog, Bamboo, might have then joined the attack," he said.

Beckham was three years old, while Bamboo was a little over two years old. There were many dogs at the horse farm to prevent intruders and were first brought in by former workers. Farm owner Supalak Srisawas said she was not the direct owner of the dogs but would assist with Tun's funeral.

Pol Lt Col Prasong Utaisri, a deputy superintendent at Buddhamondhol Police Station, said the farm owner had already agreed to take responsibility, but police would investigate further to determine who should be held responsible as the owner of the dogs.

- The Nation

Lesson learned, "spare the rod"

- The Nation

you stupid mug! she would have died a slow agonising death watching herself being torn apart so take a few moments to picture it... there you go feel better now? didn't think so, lesson learned?

Edited by zorro1

Farm owner Supalak Srisawas said she was not the direct owner of the dogs.

... police would investigate further to determine who should be held responsible as the owner of the dogs.

what does it mean 'not direct owner'?

by allowing the dogs to stay at her farm (after the previous owners - former employees - did leave the farm) she took a responsibility for them. The dogs were protecting her property.

pit bull terriers are not common in thailand and expensive - I don't think that her workers owned them. As dangerous race they should not be allowed to roam freely day time and now they should be put to sleep

- The Nation

A rather conflicting report, something lost in translation perhaps ?

Naka.

Edited by naka

- The Nation

A rather conflicting report, something lost in translation perhaps ?

Naka.

It is very possible that these dogs were kept at bay with a stick, and therefore, haven't growled, snapped or bitten before. But how the real interaction between the dogs and the people was, can not be made up from the report.

My guess is that these dogs never had received any form of education/training, always could whatever they pleased, and with delicious porkribs around the male was not prepared that anyone could tell him off.

The lady must have had her hands full though, with the water and the food for the horses, the porkribs and the stick.

Nonetheless, this is an absolute horrible way to die. Poor woman, what did she know about dog behavior and training?!

RIP Khun Tun.

Nienke

- The Nation

I hate this type of dog ,and ill go as far as to say in most cases the owners are agressive @ssholes themselves,.anyone that tries to justify having this breed or similar to me will find it falls on angry deaf ears,. very sad .

- The Nation

Whats that supposed to mean ? :o

Usually carried a stick....meaning she didnt have the stick this time ???

Usually carried a stick and hit these dogs.......that alone says a lot.....doesnt it???

It is quite possible that the dogs were mistreated and given the chance retaliated. A guy once said to me that if a particular dog ever bit his kid he would kill it (I think he meant the dog)....but these kids used to torment the dogs by poking them with with sticks and throwing things at them.....

Who is to blame....the dogs for reacting or the kids that tormented the dogs in the first place...he could never blame his darling kids now...could he ????

Edited by gburns57au

It is very possible that these dogs were kept at bay with a stick, and therefore, haven't growled, snapped or bitten before. But how the real interaction between the dogs and the people was, can not be made up from the report.

My guess is that these dogs never had received any form of education/training, always could whatever they pleased, and with delicious porkribs around the male was not prepared that anyone could tell him off.

The lady must have had her hands full though, with the water and the food for the horses, the porkribs and the stick.

Nonetheless, this is an absolute horrible way to die. Poor woman, what did she know about dog behavior and training?!

RIP Khun Tun.

Nienke

Well said :o

These dogs (bangel or pit) mixed or pure breed should not be miss handled, but I would rather handle a bangel (short name) than a pit, what Nienke is putting forward seems very probable, the dogs in question had no training what so ever, and the woman had no idea about dog behaviour. A sad combination that ended in her death, and I am sure the death of two dogs.

Dogs are not vermin, just the owners, with this type of breed mixed or not you need to take care. In fact with any dog you need to take care.

Edit

I mean owners that don't take care of the dogs behaviour......

Edited by seonai

She was going to feed horses with pork ribs? :o

My dog , about a year old now, very friendly with kids and never mean, barks out of fear sometimes I guess but doesn't bite, hides when she hears firecrackers, has developed a nasty habit of howling out of jealousy when I either approach or pet the local soi dogs or play with the kid next door. The kid can actually pet her and she licks and wags her tail, many kids on our street like to come and play with her at our doorstep, they give her old toys to chew on.

Our son will be born next month and should she ever show the slightest of aggressiveness out of jealousy, she's out of here.

I've seen it happen once with a trained drug sniffing Doberman and a mother picking up her newborn baby, not a pretty sight.

If someone feels an animal needs to be hit with a stick, do it once and hard enough so the dog can't bite back ever from doggie heaven or they'll get you back like they did to this woman.

I have lived in a number of areas where there are dangerous dogs. They seem to be fine during the day, even friendly, but at night they get into packs and can get quite vicious.

I usually treat dogs near where I live well and occasionally give them scraps. Not that I am trying to make 'merit' but when going home late after having a few beers, I would just as soon have them remember me as a friendly person, not a bad person!

Most dogs have the potential to become nasty. My own dog, who has never bitten anyone with the exception of myself, did so when I accidently dropped some meat and she got it. I tried to take it away and she instinctively bit me--not bad and she immediately knew she was in trouble and ran away.

As for the police--they can investigate all they want because no one will ever take responsibility for the dogs. Someone gave them to someone who gave them to someone who took them to the farm and then left them, but they weren't anyone's dogs--it's the same all over Thailand. All the soi dogs near where I live belong to no one when they bite someone, but when one gets hit by a car, there's someone right there to claim ownership and compensation.

My condolences to the family of the victim.

Not the direct owner...

Like most dogs in Thailand, no real direct owner, no real direct affection shown... they are just there.

Dogs in Thailand are very close to being wild, and when you throw in the fact these dogs were pit mix breeds....

Not a good combination.

Raised a Great Dane once, she growled at me one time and one time only. I got near her feed bowl and she began to growl at me. She got a good swift kick to the ribs. You never let an animal that is capable of killing a human realize they can have the upper hand on a whim. If you are not willing to accept that mind set, then you have no business owning such a dog. My Dane was the kindest sweetest dog I have ever owned. But she also had to be trained.

But in my opinion the Pit breed despite training is too dangerous to have.

Dogs that are aggressive in nature (Pitbulls, etc) need to be raised from the beginning by somebody who is experienced in handling/disciplining dogs. Many people purposely mistreat these dogs to make them aggressive and somebody gets hurt or killed. Perhaps, as another poster said, these dogs were simply retaliating out of being constantly hit with a stick. Poor lady :o

Another thing...if you do have to defend youself from an attacking dog, you MUST incapacitate it unless the dog just gives up. If not, it will only get more aggressive and continue its attack.

Edited by Thaiboxer