The Scorpions Live In Bangkok

danoco70

This is what a friend told me.

I plan to visit soon and am concerned about reports from my friend that Bangkok is rife with scorpions. That they come through hotel pipework late at night and sting you whilst you sleep, sometimes with fatal results.

Obviously this is quite worrying as i'm allergic to scorpion stings. I would just like to ask, are my fears justified ? and if so what precautions can i take?

one final question, if I may. Is it okay to eat seafood from the floor ?

thanks in advance

I plan to visit soon and am concerned about reports from my friend that Bangkok is rife with scorpions. That they come through hotel pipework late at night and sting you whilst you sleep, sometimes with fatal results.

Obviously this is quite worrying as i'm allergic to scorpion stings. I would just like to ask, are my fears justified ? and if so what precautions can i take?

thanks in advance

Good questions!!

Your friend is absolutley right. Thailand has the highest number of scorpions per square/meter in the world. Think its about .84 per SQ/M. (Higher in resort towns)

Ive lost several close friends to scorpion bites. But they says its not a painful death, so it cant be that bad..

On the eating seafood from the floor question. Sure its ok--There are several eat seafood off the floor restaurants here in the LOS. On the negative side it will only increase your chances of running into a scorpion.

Have fun!!!!!

thanks in advance

Good questions!!

Your friend is absolutley right. Thailand has the highest number of scorpions per square/meter in the world. Think its about .84 per SQ/M. (Higher in resort towns)

Ive lost several close friends to scorpion bites. But they says its not a painful death, so it cant be that bad..

On the eating seafood from the floor question. Sure its ok--There are several eat seafood off the floor restaurants here in the LOS. On the negative side it will only increase your chances of running into a scorpion.

Have fun!!!!!

i thank you for frank, no nonsence, imforative reply.

I managed to find an online company that deals with scorpion protection clothing, so i feel more comfortable about visiting the LOS now. This same company also provides portable seating equipment with a 'pick and wash mode' so think i shall be able to enjoy my clams without a care in the world.

Kind Regards

Bernard

I managed to find an online company that deals with scorpion protection clothing, so i feel more comfortable about visiting the LOS now. This same company also provides portable seating equipment with a 'pick and wash mode' so think i shall be able to enjoy my clams without a care in the world.

Kind Regards

Bernard

:o

No problem. Always willing to help out a bro in need.

Can you send me a link to that scorpion site? Might take a look at importing wholesale volumes of that protective clothing. Ill set up a stand in patpong and hire street urchins to stop passers by " hey man , you need some scorpion protective clothing"

Can probably save a few lives. Or at least make a few bucks.

Also wil check withb BOI.

Kind Regards

Bernard

:o

Can you send me a link to that scorpion site? Might take a look at importing wholesale volumes of that protective clothing. Ill set up a stand in patpong and hire street urchins to stop passers by " hey man , you need some scorpion protective clothing"

well all I can say is that i feel saddened/abused/duped.

I duly followed thier purchase intructions and sent my 1345 pounds via western union money transfer and since, it seems they have closed thier website and

I have no notification when i will receive this study, kevlar lined clothing. All I did manage to save from thier webiste was this quite worrying picture apperently taken in lumpini park by one of thier company's 'international scorpion representatives'.

Without sufficient protection from these monstrous beasts and the fact i have no real equipment for floor clam eating, i'm having serious doubts about the los.

It may have to rhyll agian.

picture below:

scorpion.jpg

OK ! Im leaving !!

I just asked my wife it that picture is real and she said YES !

Now she's calling everybody and laughing at me . I would'nt worry about that thing stinging me at all , I would die of a heart attack first ! Im taking another shower I feel all crawly :o

Kind Regards

Bernard

:wub:

I duly followed thier purchase intructions and sent my 1345 pounds via western union money transfer and since, it seems they have closed thier website and

I have no notification when i will receive this study, kevlar lined clothing. All I did manage to save from thier webiste was this quite worrying picture apperently taken in lumpini park by one of thier company's 'international scorpion representatives'.

Without sufficient protection from these monstrous beasts and the fact i have no real equipment for floor clam eating, i'm having serious doubts about the los.

picture below:

scorpion.jpg

:o:D:D:D:D

My... Thats a big one!!

Think I'll cancel my daily jogs in Lumpini.

Dont worry about the 1345 cash that you lost. Ill forward to you a mail from a nice nigerian fellow who will give you a chance to get it back--and much more.

Never give up on the LOS. Get your scorpion vaccinations and get on the ###### plane!!!!!!!!!

Kind Regards

Bernard

-_-

picture below:

scorpion.jpg

:o:D:D:D:D

My... Thats a big one!!

Think I'll cancel my daily jogs in Lumpini.

Dont worry about the 1345 cash that you lost. Ill forward to you a mail from a nice nigerian fellow who will give you a chance to get it back--and much more.

Never give up on the LOS. Get your scorpion vaccinations and get on the ###### plane!!!!!!!!!

Check out these camel spiders found by some troops in iraq and it's not a fake pic

http://www.snopes.com/photos/bugs/camelspider.asp

Man These Spiders are <deleted> Huge!!!!! :wub:

thanks in advance

Good questions!!

Have fun!!!!!

I have been here since 1978 and lot of my friends been stinged by scorpions, bite by spider or centipede. But I never herd about people died from scorpions, centipede or spider in Thailand. I seen people step on them, stinged in their lips, in hands, in ear, but dead from scorpions without allergic reaction I do not belive before I see by myself or show me proof. Not Painful dead. Well if stinged and dead by a scorpion it have to be a paintful dead, because the scorpions are paintful but not deadly. Like a centipede, f##### paintful up to a week, but not deadly.

So, from the title of this thread, are the Scorpions ( That popular German heavy metal band from the 80's ) really going to be playing in Bangkok? :o

....Never seen any Scorpions when I was trekking in Thailand, Thank goodness.... :D

Here I am! Rock you like a hurricane!

The Scorchions are playing in BKK? great, I bet UBC will loop play that whistling song between adverts for the next 5 months, looking forward to that!

A la tuhuelpa legria macarena

Que tuhuelce paralla legria cosabuena

A la tuhuelpa legria macarena Eeeeeeeeh, macarena!

its playing on 5 of the 30+ channels as i type this...'listening to the winds of chaaaaaaaannnnggeee"

hope they play another one of their songs soon so anyone going to the concert will know something else they did!!

"scorpions......yer 'winds of change' what a great song."

the best of the scorpions album was real short.

:o:D