Marriage And Subsequent Visa Application/extensions

Hello, if planing a marriage, and thereafter going from the endless tv/ve entries to a non-imm o based

on the marriage, and related extensions, is there anything in particular one should be aware of here?

Related to the visa, not the requirements for marraige that is.

Certain documents one should be sure to get? Get extra copies of? Some tips?

I've read some stories here about people being asked for pictures from the

wedding, and then, "more recent wedding pictures" (on a 15 year old marriage or so. :-/),

which sounds pretty crazy to me.

If not planning a wedding party, and thus probably not having pictures from any

wedding party ... is there anything to worry about in that regard?

Hello, if planing a marriage, and thereafter going from the endless tv/ve entries to a non-imm o based

on the marriage, and related extensions, is there anything in particular one should be aware of here?

wedding, and then, "more recent wedding pictures" (on a 15 year old marriage or so. :-/),

For the Non O Visa you will probably only need marriage certificate and wifes ID Card.

For the year extension you will probably need.

Passport, marriage cert. Wifes ID Card, Wifes house registration.Letter from your Embassy showing proof of your 40,000Baht a month income , unless it is your wifes income in which case she will need tax records. Thai bank book.All copied a few times and signed. Passport size photos.

Take your wife to be interviewed, a map of where you live. Photos of you and your Wife outside the house and inside. Photos of your wardrobe with both your clothes hanging in it. 1,900 Baht fee. Be prepare for them to come and visit you and talk to neighbours. Apart from this it should be plain sailing. :o

I probably have forgotten a few things but others will chip in.

Edited by Lite Beer

For the Non O Visa you will probably only need marriage certificate and wifes ID Card.

For the year extension you will probably need.

Passport, marriage cert. Wifes ID Card, Wifes house registration.Letter from your Embassy showing proof of your 40,000Baht a month income , unless it is your wifes income in which case she will need tax records. Thai bank book.All copied a few times and signed. Passport size photos.

Take your wife to be interviewed, a map of where you live. Photos of you and your Wife outside the house and inside. Photos of your wardrobe with both your clothes hanging in it. 1,900 Baht fee. Be prepare for them to come and visit you and talk to neighbours. Apart from this it should be plain sailing. :o

I probably have forgotten a few things but others will chip in.

I got my Non O Visa from the consulate in the UK. I just wrote "want to spend some time with my fiance" on the form. They didn't ask for any documents (no bank statements, no gf's passport, nothing). They just stamped it in and off I went. I hear they accept postal applications too.

Mind you this option is very dull and boring compared to the wild Kafkaresque adventures one can have in Thailand.