Hotel Recomendations In Sukhumvit

markr

Just like to here your views as to a nice place to stay for my wife and i for around 1500 baht in the lower sukhumvit area in march next year?

Thanks

Mark

Over the years I have used several hotels in the "lower Sukhumvit Road" area, the Sukhumvit Crown (between Soi 6 and Soi 8,) the Business Inn and the President Inn located on Soi 11/1. The Crown was okay in a plain basic way with big rooms and a bathtub - but the main attraction for me was that they would store a bag for me for several months at a time FOR FREE! But, all good things come to pass and I started using something cheaper. The Crown kept raising their room rates again and again and forced you to pay for a breakfast buffet (with the cheap fan room) although your flight was leaving before the kitchen opened!

Now I use the cheaper Business Inn or President Inn for my first night when I fly in. You can reserve with a room with a simple email. I only need a place to wash up and sleep a bit from around 1 a.m. to around 8 a.m. so the cheapie room is okay for these few hours. I move on to Pattaya in the morning.

A couple friends stay at the FORTUNA Hotel on Sukhumvit Soi 5, not far from the Foodland. The rooms are pretty good compared to the above hotel rooms. There is an okay breakfast buffet open to the public that I use pretty often on my first morning back in Thailand.

http://www.fortunabangkok.com/

Sometimes the "walk-in" rate is cheaper than the internet rate!