Paperbacks For Sale

aimeenz

Hi there

Am doing a clean out of the house and I have lots of paperback / hardback novels, is there a 2nd hand bookshop in Nakhon that I could sell these to?

Thanks

Aimee

You could take them to Nakhonsi Sean's restaurant and do a book swap with him. I know he has a large collection of books at his restaurant :o:D

I think the idea has always been to lend them to friends and share the word, so to speak, rather than try to make a profit from it. Sean's little library is great as it is (bring a book and swap it), and you can always have a cup of tea there...

Up to know people have been free to borrow books when they wish on trust that they will return them. This has not been happening and the selection of books has dwindled remarkably. I would like to keep this little 'library' going for the community, however there will soon be no books as people are not returning them. While I make no claim on the books themselves, I am going to insist in future that people leave a book for each book they take out.

Any donations would be most welcome to re-stock the shelves. Should, in the future, I leave Nakhon I will pass on the books to someone else interested in running this service.

I think the idea has always been to lend them to friends and share the word, so to speak, rather than try to make a profit from it. Sean's little library is great as it is (bring a book and swap it), and you can always have a cup of tea there...

Up to know people have been free to borrow books when they wish on trust that they will return them. This has not been happening and the selection of books has dwindled remarkably. I would like to keep this little 'library' going for the community, however there will soon be no books as people are not returning them. While I make no claim on the books themselves, I am going to insist in future that people leave a book for each book they take out.

Any donations would be most welcome to re-stock the shelves. Should, in the future, I leave Nakhon I will pass on the books to someone else interested in running this service.

No problem - I'll take a drive out to the restaurant this weekend and drop you off some books to refresh your supplies - I also have a few magazines - look forward to meeting you.

Aimee.

• 3 weeks later...

What is "Sean's little library"?

What is "Sean's little library"?

The ''little library'' is at my wife's restaurant. As you will see from my previous and other posts, I am trying to expand the library. There is now a slowly increasing selection thanks to donations by others.

The ''little library'' is at my wife's restaurant. As you will see from my previous and other posts, I am trying to expand the library. There is now a slowly increasing selection thanks to donations by others.

Is this up and running now? When I dropped off some books before, your wife said it wasn't quite organised yet.

Is this up and running now? When I dropped off some books before, your wife said it wasn't quite organised yet.

The books are upstairs at the moment for lack of shelves but anyone is welcome to pop upstairs and browse through them. I think it was communication error on my wife's part, people are always welcome to take a look and swap books. The full library idea will come along when I have time to sort it out, there are more pressing things that need doing in the restaurant at the moment (building new tables).

The books are upstairs at the moment for lack of shelves but anyone is welcome to pop upstairs and browse through them.

Ok - I'll pop along at sometime and have a proper look. and I might have inadvertently given you one of my wife's books which she hasn't finished with...