Good Haircut

Greenside

I usually go to a place at Airport Plaza but the guy who usually did mine left a while ago and the lady who replaced him was not great, so I have no particular reason to return. Any suggestions for good places? I was paying 300 bht, much to the horror of my girlfriend who thinks anything over about 90 is peng maag maag, but since I only go about three or four times a year the price is not that important (although 90bht would be very acceptable - is there such a place?).

Absolutely. I have been with the same hairdresser since 1995. Her current shop is on Ratchamankha Road, but near the Western end of it. (So you'd turn into it from the Western moat. So you'd drive South coming from Suan Dok gate, then left into Ratchamankha road, then the shop is about half way to the first traffic lights on the left. There's a small water pond thingy in front; shop is small.

I don't know if she speaks English, so bring the Mrs. just in case.

80 baht.

80 baht.

You've been with her for 12 years and you don't know if she speaks English? Is it that your conversational Thai is excellent or you're just a not very talkative kind of customer? :o

Thanks for the info. I just noticed that James on City Life has given Hair Pro near Rincom Junction a good word and since that's near me I think I'll just go take a look.

Edited by Greenside

80 baht.

You've been with her for 12 years and you don't know if she speaks English? Is it that your conversational Thai is excellent or you're just a not very talkative kind of customer? :D

Both. :o

Cheers,

Chanchao

I'd also recommend my barber, Noi, who definitely speaks some English, and has a shop near Muangmai market, which I think is called something like Muangmai Salon too. Opposite the petrol station just before the traffic lights at the northern end of Muangmai Rd. 60 baht for a cut; 120 if shampoo and blow dry too. 053-876123 to ask her for better directions or to make an appointment.

cmmcb