Yellow Foglamps

teej

I have just installed yellow foglamps on one of my cars and one of my friends told me it was illegal to have them. Anybody shed some light on the subject? If indeed they are illegal, does anybody know why?

Thanks

teej

For what reason were you told they might be illegal?

It would be nice if someone out there could shed some light on what is and is not legal, yellow light will do for me. To be honest. fog lights front or rear are are a pain in the bottom, more so in the rain!

For what reason were you told they might be illegal?

It would be nice if someone out there could shed some light on what is and is not legal, yellow light will do for me. To be honest. fog lights front or rear are are a pain in the bottom, more so in the rain!

A couple of weeks ago I drove through a police stop. The BiB didn't stop me but he pointed near the front of my car. I wasn't sure if it was for my blue foglamps or my 17" wheels. I checked up with a relative and he said the cops my try to pull me for the wheels (they are legal anyway), and the colour of the foglamps should be ok. There would be a problem if you have coloured headlamps though. I've seen quite a few with yellow foglamps so it sould be ok. I think the headlamps would be a non no as they are your main light source (unless you have some kind of special zenon lamps or the like)...

I've yet to experience fog in Thailand. At times other than when there is a serious visibility reduction they are just a major pain in the backside (well, the eyes anyway) for other road users. No matter whether they're red, white, blue, or shocking-pink. Especially shocking-pink.

Um...which is probably why they are prohibited for use at times when they are not needed in many other places, e.g. the UK:

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si1989/Uksi_19891796_en_4.htm

I have just installed yellow foglamps on one of my cars and one of my friends told me it was illegal to have them. Anybody shed some light on the subject? If indeed they are illegal, does anybody know why?

Thanks

teej

Blue, green /red /orange /seem ok, i dont see why yellow should be singled out,. !..seriously though i spend half my time in the accessory shops in pataya and the general consensus is in bkk you will get stopped for any deviation but its nothing personal, just for money ,. :o

Yes ther isn;t much fog here but they help when driving in tight dark sois - they light the gap close to the car - helps see dogs and other obstacles. I don;t find them particularly annoying on the road. What annoys me is those drivers who put high wattage bulbs in their headlights that almost blind you when they approach (they are almost as powerful as normal lights on high beam.