True Internet Is Getting Worse And Worse !

Dario

I hope someone from TRUE reads these lines.

Since 4 days I am unable to access an international website. For 3 days I thought there are problems of the website's server of the hosting company in Italy, but people in other parts of the world told me they can access the site.

When I called TRUE yesterday Saturday, they said they have some problems with access to international sites, but they are busy to solve the problem. While I was talking with the True support representative, I checked and I could suddenly (???) access the site.

But only for a few minutes... So, I continued to wait yesterday for TRUE to solve their problems.

Still no access today Sunday! When I now try to contact TRUE support at either 02 900-9000 or 02 900-9898 and get through their "autonomat" - which drives any normal human crazy - I am told the same: "All our representatives are busy. Please leave your phone number - we will contact you within 24 hours ..."

What a great support for a company which collects billions of Baht from the Thai population.

What do my fellow members think of this? Am I too demanding?

Yes it is bad for the past week ADSL, sometimes one cannot even get local sites, and my TV freezes often this last week [internet connected]

Doing the True speed test, it is lower than dial up !!!

What can anyone do? if you don't live in a City and the only option is True

Come on,... we don't need to be experts to know what's going on,...

The thing is, Thailand doesn't have enough network lines and connection bandwidth to distribute equal speeds. But instead every line has to be shared, and that sharing costs every single "DSL-user" "Speed"... When many people surf the Internet... do you get my point???

I am right or am I not?????

I mean, I recognize that in my university a lot. In the morning when not many students come and I surf wireless Internet, the speed is very fast,... but once every student surfs... the speed drops like crazy.... :o:D :D

The real problem is the C.A.T. that still doesn't provide 'nough International bandwidth service

I hope someone from TRUE reads these lines.

Since 4 days I am unable to access an international website. For 3 days I thought there are problems of the website's server of the hosting company in Italy, but people in other parts of the world told me they can access the site.

When I called TRUE yesterday Saturday, they said they have some problems with access to international sites, but they are busy to solve the problem. While I was talking with the True support representative, I checked and I could suddenly (???) access the site.

But only for a few minutes... So, I continued to wait yesterday for TRUE to solve their problems.

Still no access today Sunday! When I now try to contact TRUE support at either 02 900-9000 or 02 900-9898 and get through their "autonomat" - which drives any normal human crazy - I am told the same: "All our representatives are busy. Please leave your phone number - we will contact you within 24 hours ..."

What a great support for a company which collects billions of Baht from the Thai population.

What do my fellow members think of this? Am I too demanding?

I have the exactly same problem, with TRUE.

same problem here.... I had the cheapest 625-Baht deal at my old place, and now after moving to my new placve earlier this year, I upgraded to the 1230-Baht connection. it still suxxxx.

cannot watch internet-TV from my home country. I am sure even the most expensive option doesnt offer a good value for money.... will downgrade to the 625-Baht-Connection after the one-year-contract is finished.

now, staying in my home country for XMas period, I enjoy what is a REAL SPEED CONNECTION.

much much faster connection here in Europe for just half the price of what i would have to pay with TRUE.

the problem about Thai internet: no real alternative in sight, even in Bangkok

Come on,... we don't need to be experts to know what's going on,...

The thing is, Thailand doesn't have enough network lines and connection bandwidth to distribute equal speeds. But instead every line has to be shared, and that sharing costs every single "DSL-user" "Speed"... When many people surf the Internet... do you get my point???

I am right or am I not?????

I mean, I recognize that in my university a lot. In the morning when not many students come and I surf wireless Internet, the speed is very fast,... but once every student surfs... the speed drops like crazy.... :o:D:D

The real problem is the C.A.T. that still doesn't provide 'nough International bandwidth service

The problem is two fold, international bandwidth is limited and there are some esentially trial and error setups out there which generally effect us poor punters. Eventually they will get it right I hope but its no way to run a business.

The other thing to note is that the contention ratio in Thailand per ADSL line is no different to say the UK, where a standard consumer ADSL line has a share ratio of 50:1! Business lines tend to be 10:1. So you get a couple of folks downloading all the time and the other 48 potential users of that bandwidth get zip.......Thats why many isp's in uk will ban persistent downloaders unless they pay for a premium service with more dedicated bandwidth. But when an isp in the uk shapes the traffic they invariably know what they are doing and dont just blanket block ports for example.

The most frustrating thing here is the problem keeps changing subtly all the time, the only consistent thing being the rubbish service. We dont help oursleves though and you absolutely cannot expect to have high speed torrent downloads at anywhere near your "paid for" speed because you share the bandwidth. Top that off with limited international bandwidth and seemingly poor networking expertise and there you have it, internet fun 24/7 :D

I agree with some other posts here, the slowdown definitely happend "overnight". One day it was the same as it has been for a couple of years. The next day it was slow.

Mostly for me it is slow for Thai sites like TV and the Bangkok Post. International sites don't seem to be affected so much. Curiously The Nation site seems less affected. Maybe it is hosted offshore.

Something is definitely wrong locally in Thailand. But more than a week seems far to long to fix it.

Wonder if it's got anything to do with the upcoming election and a certain expat's possible use of the internet (had to work a conspiracy theory in somehow).

Anyone knows if there is some package or whatnot to get better international bandwidth?

Another thing I can't get my head around. Speed tests still list my UL/DL speeds as normal, but I'm definitely lagging. :o

Folks have said that you do better with TT&T premier package as opposed to Indy.Im changing to it soon.

As far as your UL/DL speeds it depends where you do the test, the thaivisa test is only going to tell you what you speed is in Thailand. You need to go to a site like www.dslreports.com to get a more accurate international bandwidth result and you will probably be disappointed, although not surprised.....