Bagpipers?

mjcl

Does anyone in Pattaya play the bagpipes, or know of anyone who does? I have just got a chanter and am struggling to learn how to play it. Hopefully I will learn it and then try to move on the the pipes.

If possible I would like to meet up with someone experienced in playing the bagpipes who I could possibly gets some help from.

Any help appreciated.

Does anyone in Pattaya play the bagpipes, or know of anyone who does? I have just got a chanter and am struggling to learn how to play it. Hopefully I will learn it and then try to move on the the pipes.

If possible I would like to meet up with someone experienced in playing the bagpipes who I could possibly gets some help from.

Any help appreciated.

Nice Avater

Rat hat Oceaneering.

Sat.

• 3 years later...
hi i have been playing for three years chanter pipes electronic chanter, i also know some other people in pattaya who play. i see you l;ive in the maprachan area i also.
Keep Maprachan bag-pipe free!

:o

Well although I'm from Scotland born and bred I never learned to play the pipes. However I have a range of cd with recordings and could let rip in the Maprachan area we will soon be moving to.

Pipes Forever :D

Edited by begsaresponse

hi i have been playing for three years chanter pipes electronic chanter, i also know some other people in pattaya who play. i see you l;ive in the maprachan area i also.

...and i also see that you post responses to 4 year-old posts

Any help appreciated.

How do you play a chanter is it blow or suck - iv'e have had experince of sucking and chuntering, is this similar?

You play the chanter by blowing and covering the holes with you figures. Going up and down the scales if you want me to show you i can when i arrive next week. In reply to the member with the scarcastic humour thank you for your comment new member and will read the date in future.

people who live in glass house dont throw stones

In reply to the member with the scarcastic humour thank you for your comment new member and will read the date in future.

nae wurries jummy, i wusnae tryin' tae be a smerterse but the bugger that dug up that post probably wuz.

I think if anyone played Bagpipes in Pattaya you would of heard them by now :o

Maybe there will be a few emigrating soon as recently a "dic-tat" from the UK HSE (Health & Safety Executive) has said all Pipers and those in close proximity should wear Ear Protection...

Personaly I like the sound of the pipes

from a distance

BB

In reply to the member with the scarcastic humour thank you for your comment new member and will read the date in future.

nae wurries jummy, i wusnae tryin' tae be a smerterse but the bugger that dug up that post probably wuz.

:o:D

• 2 years later...

I have now moved over to Jakarta for a while (work), so am still looking at how to really play. Never did master the chanter, but still live in hope!

To all those who don't appreciate the sweet melodic sound of the pipes, you must need your ears seeing to! :P

• 13 years later...