My Car Has Died.

32x

For the last 3 years ive had a Nissan Primera estate & never had any problems.

I bought the car 2nd hand from a dealer ship in Korat City.

I drove that car almost all over Thailand.

Sadly its dead now :D Its heart just stopped working) :o

So now im in the market for a new car.

Having read many a post in this forum im 99% sure the next car is going to be a Ranger Double Cab Hi-rider 2WD 2.5 XLT 5AT Auto on 0% finance.

So Guys/Girls am i making the wrong choice?

Are there better deals out there for a Brand new motor similar to the Ford Ranger with 0% finance?

Price wise i think 790,000 isnt that bad.Am i wrong?

Many Thanks,

32x

I wouldnt by a Ford for that kind of money..

I would rather go for something japanese instead.

So would i but im not sure price & 0% finance wise theres anything out there?

Well unless you live out in the boonies and need 4WD, or you need to carry an extended family around, just get a Vios.... cheap as chips, more comfort than any truck. Ours is 200,000 km and going on. And just buy a cheap pickup (Isuzu for sure) when you need to haul things.....

The Ford IS Japanese, it's a badge-engineered Mazda built in Thailand, nothing like the Ranger you get in the US.

IMHO (I have the 4x4) an excellent vehicle, much better engine than the Toyota and it's big selling point for me, it's NOT a Toyota or an Isuzu (ugh).

Edited by Crossy

Well unless you live out in the boonies and need 4WD, or you need to carry an extended family around, just get a Vios.... cheap as chips, more comfort than any truck. Ours is 200,000 km and going on. And just buy a cheap pickup (Isuzu for sure) when you need to haul things.....

To be really honest.. I rather drive longer distances in my Vigo or Fortuner then i do in my girlfriends Vios.

I really cant say the Vios offers more comfort.

I live in Pattaya and have to go to Bangkok 3-4 times a week and this road is terrible with the vios.

With the Fortuner or Vigo the ride is much better.

Here in Thailand i would never buy a normal car again, only 4*4.

But am considering a Camry 2.4!!

Thats funny, its made by mazda ! same as the colorado is a dmax, dont dismiss the new navara, i thought i saw a sign for 0 per cent finance there the other day !. ive added pic as just above the truck is a sign that does say o per cent interest,.

post-41326-1197348444_thumb.jpg

Edited by mikethevigoman

To be really honest.. I rather drive longer distances in my Vigo or Fortuner then i do in my girlfriends Vios.

I live in Pattaya and have to go to Bangkok 3-4 times a week and this road is terrible with the vios.

Why would you need a 4x4 on the road from Patters to Bangkok???. I did it in a 4x2 Navara last week, did not see any sections requiring 4 wheel drive!

Never in my life have I had a vehicle that I was in love with. Until now! I have a 2004 Nissan Frontier that I bought new. Unfortunately it is a two wheel drive. It is a non turbo 3.0 liter that gives me 15 kilometers per liter of diesel. I'm quite disappointed in the new Navara. It's too big and Nissan has seen fit to hop up a 2.5 liter diesel that will certainly wear out quicker because it has to work too hard especially in the 4X4. If I can ever bring myself to replace my Nissan, it will be a Ford or Isuzu. My last Toyota made me appreciate the Nissan much more and vow to NEVER buy another Toyota.

Thxs for all the replies.

I am out in the boonies but only 5k away from the route 304.

& i do need a pickup but it doesnt have to be 4x4 thats why i liked the Ranger Double Cab Hi-rider 2WD 2.5 XLT 5AT Auto.

In an idle world the Nissan Navarro would be my choice if it was available on 0% finance.

But looking at there website im sure they arnt doing any of those deals.

& im after a Brand new car this time.

& i do need a pickup but it doesnt have to be 4x4 thats why i liked the Ranger Double Cab Hi-rider 2WD 2.5 XLT 5AT Auto.

In an idle world the Nissan Navarro would be my choice if it was available on 0% finance.

If you get a deal on the NISSAN I would be interested.

Now on my 2nd Primera Estate 1st one had it for 9 years this one for 6. That would be the preferd choice when i get back to LOS Same as you 2WD auto if poss

Why would you need a 4x4 on the road from Patters to Bangkok???. I did it in a 4x2 Navara last week, did not see any sections requiring 4 wheel drive!

I need the cargo space inthe back to take diving equipment as well as taking the boat out of the water.

This will be mission impossible with a 4*2.

Never said i need 4*4 just for going to Bangkok.

Does the OP have Excel ? If so, just go and work out how much the 0% saves you over say 4 years and how much the regular finance is. Then work out how much extra the Ford will depreciate and you're still behind on the Ford. It is overpriced and will have a terrible resale value, though it might be a good vehicle (don't know).

I'd get a bigger engine. I have a 3.0L D-Max (not VGS) and don't know how the guys with the 2.5 version get on.

If you're at all worried about resale you've got to think between Toyota and Isuzu. For that money you can get more with either I think. Not if its 590k then you are talking.

I agree Ford/Mazda trucks are stellar quality. Unfortunately, most people don't agree, which normally doesn't matter, however as one of those most people may be buying the vehicle from you, the price will be lower.

Also, when considering financing and price and what bits the dealer throws in, there's just very little price difference between the various trucks.

If I were to buy a truck right now it would probably be the Nissan Navara or Mitsubishi..

(because Toyota should be due for a minor-change update, and Isuzu/Chevrolet is perhaps a year away from a completely new model)

I drove the Navara for about 5 meters yesterday (because a collegue couldn't get it in reverse. :D ) and I liked the feel of it. :o Just like with women, the first 5 seconds / 5 meters give you a good feel. :D

I agree Ford/Mazda trucks are stellar quality. Unfortunately, most people don't agree, which normally doesn't matter, however as one of those most people may be buying the vehicle from you, the price will be lower.

Also, when considering financing and price and what bits the dealer throws in, there's just very little price difference between the various trucks.

If I were to buy a truck right now it would probably be the Nissan Navara or Mitsubishi..

(because Toyota should be due for a minor-change update, and Isuzu/Chevrolet is perhaps a year away from a completely new model)

I drove the Navara for about 5 meters yesterday (because a collegue couldn't get it in reverse. :D ) and I liked the feel of it. :o Just like with women, the first 5 seconds / 5 meters give you a good feel. :D

I saw a new model chevy pick-up in front of the dealer in Pattaya as well as an Suv.

Cant really say i liked the looks of both.

If you get a deal on the NISSAN I would be interested.

Now on my 2nd Primera Estate 1st one had it for 9 years this one for 6. That would be the preferd choice when i get back to LOS Same as you 2WD auto if poss

Cant praise the primera high enough.Just a great car.

Had it serviced 2 times a year in Kabin Buri.

I need a pick up now for many reasons.

Im starting to think now about the long term & the Nissan Navara probably ganna be the car i go for.

Didnt really want to spend that kind of money but it is a great motor with great reviews.

Now just to find a dealership that might do 0% finance :o