Non-imi O

04 December 2007

Visit to Thai consulate Dubai, apply my Non-O Multi entry visa along with the following documents.

1) Passport with (UAE resident visa) on it.

2) 4 set of visa forms

3) Original Hard copy of air ticket (e-ticket also acceptable)

4) Ref Letter of my company (stating my job, salary etc..)

5) Copy of Thai marriage certificate

6) Request Letter of my thai wife stating requesting of One year visa

7) copy of Thai house registration

8) Copy of my Thai national wife's ID card

Deposited 600 Dirham’s Fee.

No question asked, issued my visa on 6th December2007. (5th Dec was the holiday, as u all know :o )

Easy as always to me.

LOVE THAILAND

May i ask, what passport you hold? Is it an EU passport, or UAE one?

I am a UK passport holder, working and residing in KSA. Whenever I apply for my Non-Imm O visa, all I need to show is my Thai Marriage Certificate. Apart from the application form and 2 pictures of myself, I dont need to produce anyhting else :o !

An unusual place to apply, but worthy of note.

Thanks

OK then Astral; what about a special post with the latest reports from visa applicants? Have a section for Non B, Non O, TVs applications from each consulate/embassy. The poster must state:

* what paperwork is needed

* the time factor

* the cost

* the outcome

* helpfulness and manners of staff

Say, no more than the 5 most recent posts in each country (OK maybe 10 for Penang, Sing and KL as they are so popular).

Just a thought

May i ask, what passport you hold? Is it an EU passport, or UAE one?

I am a UK passport holder, working and residing in KSA. Whenever I apply for my Non-Imm O visa, all I need to show is my Thai Marriage Certificate. Apart from the application form and 2 pictures of myself, I dont need to produce anyhting else :D !

yeah...me too in June at the consulate in Jeddah holding a US passport...azza matter of fack, I wasn't even resident (iqama holder) in Saudi at the time...had a temporary visa...

previously in Abu Dhabi and Manama I didn't even have to show up at the Thai embassy...the wife toodled in and out with my passport, a completed application form, photos, docs and fee...

don't know whatssa matter with Thai consulates/embassies in SE Asia wanting ridiculous amounts in thai bank accounts for the same visa...a poster on another thread just got back from Penang where they now want to see 800k in the bank for a multi-entry non - imm. 'O' based on marriage :D:D:o ...

IGNORED AS USUAL BY THE MODERATORS except when some posts have been edited or deleted. I have mentioned a few times the topic of special posts with recent visa applications but have never had a reply. Please reply even if it is to tell me to fuc_k OFF

Edited by Big A

I suspect it will not be so easy for non-residents in the UAE

I have been obtaining a Non O 1 year visa in the UAE for the last 5 years, i have never had a residents visa, and received the visa with no problems.

Good to know for everyone. :o

Edited by stevemiddie

I have been obtaining a Non O 1 year visa in the UAE for the last 5 years, i have never had a residents visa, and received the visa with no problems.

I have given the following papers to obtain my 1 year Non O. Dubai is a very busy office, best to go to Abu-Dhabi. Please note hotels in the UAE can be very busy. Gulf Air have good deals flying from BKK- Abu-Dhabi. Always an option to look at.

1.Application plus two photo

2.Original and copy of passport

3.Original and copy of marriage certificate

4.Copy of wifes ID card signed and dated

5.Copy of wifes passport signed and dated

6.Copy of house registration signed and dated

7.Original and copy of air ticket

8.Letter from my wife signed and dated, that we are living together, also giving her contact number .

I have given the following papers to obtain my 1 year Non O. Dubai is a very busy office, best to go to Abu-Dhabi. Please note hotels in the UAE can be very busy. Gulf Air have good deals flying from BKK- Abu-Dhabi. Always an option to look at.

8.Letter from my wife signed and dated, that we are living together, also giving her contact number .

one should point out that not everyone can obtain a visa on arrival to the UAE. No probs for UK passport holders but US passports useta need an invitation or previously obtained visa. Anyone wanting to use this route should check their visa on arrival eligibility first.

one should point out that not everyone can obtain a visa on arrival to the UAE. No probs for UK passport holders but US passports useta need an invitation or previously obtained visa. Anyone wanting to use this route should check their visa on arrival eligibility first.

The following website has all the required info. http://www.uaeinteract.com/travel/visas.asp#visa

IGNORED AS USUAL BY THE MODERATORS except when some posts have been edited or deleted. I have mentioned a few times the topic of special posts with recent visa applications but have never had a reply. Please reply even if it is to tell me to fuc_k OFF

Well its hardly up to the moderators to compile and provide you the information you want !! Its not like they dont have enopugh to do or dont spend enough time working on the site.

How about you compile it ?? I am sure it would be useful.

tutsi, I slide into Dubai and get stamped in no prob with a US passport. Good thing too because I never checked visa requirements

that is correct acc. to their website

Please can you give the web site address whare this info is stated.

sure

"Having the nationality of or the residence in the country where his/her application is submitted."

http://www.thaiconsulate.ae/

one of requirements listed on the website for Dubai consulate. doesn't look to inviting.

that is correct acc. to their website

Please can you give the web site address whare this info is stated.

sure

"Having the nationality of or the residence in the country where his/her application is submitted."

http://www.thaiconsulate.ae/

one of requirements listed on the website for Dubai consulate. doesn't look to inviting.

Validity of Passport and UAE Residence VISA should be valid for minimum atleast

6 months

Visa fee per person per entry:

Dhs. 100/- for Tourist per entry, per person, validity 3 months , stay of 60 days only

Dhs. 200/- for Non-Immigrant per person, per entry, validity 3 months, stay of 90 days only

I think this requirement must depend on what passport you have, i am holding a British passport and as already stated have received a 1 Year Non O Multiple entry for the last 5 years, from both Dubai and Abu-Dhabi with no problems. My present visa expired on 12th Dec, and i am now in Doha, if i have time i will try and renew my visa in Doha to check if they are user friendly. If Doha is a problem, i will apply in Abu-Dhabi, before heading back to Thailand. Will post the results and let all know the outcome.

tutsi, I slide into Dubai and get stamped in no prob with a US passport. Good thing too because I never checked visa requirements

when I first arrived in Abu Dhabi in 1998 I carried a photocopy of a 3 mo. visa that had to be collected upstream of the immigration counter at the airport which then had to be presented before stamping in. I had a residence stamp for all later travel to the UAE and when I applied for my non - imm. visas.

I also had residence status at Manama when I applied for Thai visas. Only had a 3 mo. business visa at the Jeddah thai consulate when I applied this year.