Hotels/guest Houses Near Suvarnabhumi Airport

billp

I would be very wary staying at queens garden resort as we booked to stay there a couple of months back and ended up at another resort called QUEENS GARDEN RESORT AT RIVERVIEW HOTEL.

Firstly we were not advised of this change of hotel as we booked queens garden and it wasnt until we actually checked in we realised it was not the place we booked...very shifty of them to try this. Of course it was too late to change hotels at that stage as we had a 8am flight back to australia. It actually was real downer on our entire holiday.....we stayed in primo accom until we had this flea biten place to stay in...was not up to standard mosquitos everywhere selection of any type of food was terrible....if you dont eat seafood then there was practially nothing on the menu to eat..after all the screaming with the so called manager who was english we got to the bottom of the problem he has a problem with the guy at queens garden and pretty much stole all the clients and moved them to this hotel againts our wishes after much deliberating i stood firm adn requested they organise us a pizza....and of course after telling us the agreed price tried to BUMP this up by 300 baht at which point i absolulty lost it with this guy ....I couldnt sleep all nite sounded like were on the actual run way at the airport...was terribly ...actually got up at 1am..and went to the airport cos we absolutly couldnt handle this place and we felt unsafe and hung around the airport till our 8am flight...

there is no way in hel_l we would ever stay here again.....

STAY AWAY from this place its completly crap next trip in april we will be spening much more for a proper accomodation thats for sure...not even for a short stopover wil this place do its the pitts!

Thanks very much for the "heads up" I like to avoid problems and think members providing experiences are an excellent way to do that.

One more to add:

Grand Pinnacle Suvarnabhumi Hotel.

444/4 Soi Maecham, Latkrabang Rd., Latkrabang, Bangkok 10520

It's about 10 minutes drive by car (they will transport you to and from the airport for free). WiFi, quick breakfast, clean, very friendly.

Stayed 4 times and never a problem. About US$25-30 on Asiarooms or a couple of other hotel booking sites.

Email ahead to get their cell phone number for arrival and they will pick you up promptly (they are not always there to pick you up which is the only downside, but taxis have a heluva time finding the place).

Contact details that I have are:

[email protected]

(66-2) 327-3876 up to 3879.

089-168-1509

• 1 month later...

I have recently stayed at the Thong Ta resort & Spa which i would recommend.

It's approximately 10 minutes taxi from the airport.

Clean reasonably sized rooms, friendly staff and not a bad menu.

750 bht for a double room.

There's also a new bar 2 minutes walk from the hotel called "West Side" which is run by a very friendly young couple.

• 1 month later...

I stay at Queen's Garden Resort frequently. Reservations are immediate, it is at the Airport, and spotless.

Only small bummer is that all add ons like wifi & beer are spendy. It makes me talk a walk for food or beer when I otherwise would rather relax at the hotel.

It is a great spot to relax after a long flight, or get ready for and early departure. Just minutes from the airport. EXTREMELY efficient.

Silver Gold Garden - 730 baht a night (5 foot double) including free van each way. 10 minute wait then 15 minute ride. WiFi to room 100 baht (for 24 hours or one hour reloggable - can't remember). Modern, clean and functional Recommended unless you want 'Thai experience'. Search on 'Silver Gold Garden Santisuk' for fuller comment from me and another poster

Silver Gold Garden - 730 baht a night (5 foot double)...

How did you get a rate of B730? I have stayed there nine times now, and booking either through latestays.com or via silvergoldgarden.com, I always get a rate of B850.

(On one of the web sites there is a B500 rate for a day-time stay, but I always book for an overnight stay.)

Grand Inn Come, sort of a typical Thai small-town hotel on a noisy street, no pool, 20 min. from airport, 1800 baht. "Let out professional masseuses treat and pamper your stiff and stressed."

From October 2009 till Feb 2010, 1,200 Baht with ABF.

Yours truly,

Kan Win :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

One more potential entry, not really close but not too far either and a very nice place, it seems:

http://www.refillnow.co.th/

"Should you arrive by air, Bangkok's new Suvarnabhumi airport is located east of the city, about a 30-minute drive from REFILL NOW!, depending on traffic. Probably the easiest way to get here is to take a taxi which should cost about 150 baht plus the 50 baht airport fee."

• 3 weeks later...

My wife arriving in Bkk from Auckand at 9 30 pm and will need to stay over night to catch next day flight to Chiang Mai. What is th best and safest way for her toarrange transfer to the Convenient Resort please. Does she queue up outside for the usual organised taxi service, does she take one of the offers within the terminal. Advice appreciated. It is her first time there alone

Thanks heaps

My wife arriving in Bkk from Auckand at 9 30 pm and will need to stay over night to catch next day flight to Chiang Mai. What is th best and safest way for her toarrange transfer to the Convenient Resort please. Does she queue up outside for the usual organised taxi service, does she take one of the offers within the terminal. Advice appreciated. It is her first time there alone

Thanks heaps

It may be worth contacting the hotel to see if they do a pick up service from the airport.

Alternatively, a meter taxi will be fine.

laphroaig 'wrote'

My wife arriving in Bkk from Auckand at 9 30 pm and will need to stay over night to catch next day flight to Chiang Mai. What is th best and safest way for her toarrange transfer to the Convenient Resort please.

Hi, I have stayed at the Convenient Resort in the past year.

They have a hotel representative at the airport 24hrs, when she comes out of arrivals gate on level two tell her to turn right and walk down to the meeting points (forget which one) there will be someone there with a sign Convenient Resort on it. They will have a note of her name and booking, when they have all the people they are waiting for it is a mini van straight to the hotel about 10 minutes maximum. Very safe IMHO even for a lady travelling alone.

They also run the mini van back to the airport in the morning at half hour intervals if my memory serves me correctly.

Best Regards

Mr Conrad

• 3 weeks later...
Silver Gold Garden - 730 baht a night (5 foot double)...

How did you get a rate of B730? I have stayed there nine times now, and booking either through latestays.com or via silvergoldgarden.com, I always get a rate of B850.

(On one of the web sites there is a B500 rate for a day-time stay, but I always book for an overnight stay.)

Don't remember now. Current rate (end Jan) on their website is 900B. Might go down again post 'high season'. Website www.silvergoldgarden.com.

You can get cheaper (must try Sanawan), but for the 900B you get:

- free minibus from and to the airport - 12 minutes, but I have not tried it after 6.30AM (rush hour)*

- modern clean hotel with good sized rooms, a basic en-suite shower room, super-king beds (hard'ish)

- good basic thai food restaurant (breakfast not included in price)

- free water in room

- Wifi in every room (100B for one hour, usable non-continuously)

- Helpful friendly staff with OK English

- Handy Tesco Express (mini supermarket) outside; not much else in immediate vicinity (few Thai cafs).

- Cable TV with falang news and movie channels (sport is limited). TVs small but not tiny.

- Massage service available (not tried); posted prices are reasonable

- 90 baht deposit to your credit card when booking thru' their website. Can afford to lose if plans change

- No pool, and I recommend it only for overnight use, given its boring suburban location

[highlighting is merely responding to apparent interest of TV members]

I have used it several times and other falang friends and family have thanked me for the recommendation. Other TV members recommend it on other threads. Good value when the free transport is taken into account (worth say baht 200-250)

Book it online - they will ask for more if you phone or if you just turn up at the airport. However, if you are at Swampy in emergency need of accomodation, just ask for the hotel driver at the Airport information desk (2nd floor betwen gates 2 and 3) and negotiate a rate over the phone through him (I was pitched 1,500 baht; I said yes to 1,100 baht, but didn't push it to walk-away tactics).

Asia Rooms are quoting 850 baht today, but with agencies like this you tend not get instant confirmation and usually have to pay up front, non-returnable. Where airport bookings are concerned the extra 50 baht would be worth paying for cancellation/no show flexibility IMO.

*They pick you up pretty quickly on your arrival at Swampy. The trip back to the airport goes at 30 minutes past each hour, starting v early. It's 150 baht if outside their hourly schedule (street taxi outside probably only 100 baht).

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Convenient Grand Hotel, Bangkok

Convenient Grand Hotel - Hotel Reviews, Deals - Samut Prakan, Thailand - TripAdvisor

I stayed at Convenient Grand Hotel. Free shuttle van, hourly, clean, new hotel, pool and 15 mins from the airport. Double Room, 1200 Baht. It worked for me since i was on transit for 10 hours. All i usually need is a bed and a pool. The pool was great but the hotel as the reviewers stated above, is in the middle of nowhere. The food was not that great but I usually carry from the airport fast food joints before heading to transit hotels.

• 3 weeks later...

I like to arrive in BKK at Swampy 11am and take meter taxi to Amari Don Muang. They have special weekday rates. Then I take the overnight DRC train to Chiang Mai. You can walk from the Hotel to the train station. Train leaves about 6pm and arrives the next morning in C. M. Tuk-tuk to Elegant Lana GH about $18 night. Safe, clean, friendly staff.

• 8 months later...