Kawasaki Ninja 250

Chris78

i just asked a company here about the rearsets, no answer yet lol.

the forks i understand are a bit soft these can be upgraded with ex500 springs and also you can get preload adjuster caps from japan (buy one set and copy,lol)

tyres plenty available here in los, bridgestone,michelin,dunlop etc

seats the guys in the states are saying that shaving the seat pad makes it a lot more comfortable then maybe memory foam insert, get these done here and sell to everyone else.

shouldn't be to hard to find the company that subcontracted the seats and buy direct.

find a decent tailpipe and get the headers made here.

brake modulater from the guy on ebay, group buy.

power commander, bigger injecters mai loo :o

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good idea guys,

What I have done so far is this;

* Targa no-cut fender eliminator from Targa

* No-Cut brake light modulator from the eBay guy

* Area-P Full "quiet core" exhaust system directly from Area-P

On my list to do is;

- New Tires

- a +1 front sprocket

- GPS with mount, yeah I know not a mod but I put it here anyway

- Stainless braided brake lines

- Probably a carbon fibre rear wheel hugger - unsure

- Luggage back seat as Allan seen - DIY

- Power Commander, I talked with the guys and they will launch it in beginning of 2009 just plug and play with full mapping

I would be keen on some of the other stuff you guys have suggested as well, reverse engineer header hmm...

Bard we are in Thailand the source of the Ninja so we should maybe use this and get some rearsets, braided lines and other stuff made etc. and then sell them on. there are numerous muffler makers here as well. just gotta find them. lol

as for the hugger that full one from japan is soooooooooo sexy.

Edited by thaicbr

Allan that is not a bad idea at all, looked at the brake light modulator and that can be made here extremely cheap. The other stuff is also absolutely possible. When I get back home I can dig up in my sources and we can roll some parts pretty quick.

Yes, that Jap tire hugger is a beauty I really want it bad and it also accepts 150 tires so it's a clear winner. I found the seller in Japan so it's a no brainer to get it over, just need to suffer throught the job a bit more...

I don't want to be a party popper but the Kawasaki Ninja 250R which is introduced in Indonesia, is not the same version as we have in Thailand. The Indonesia Ninja 250R is equipped with carburetors. Basically it is the cheaper US model....

For those who care about their bike's gearing, I've got a spreadsheet that allows you to play around with various sized tyres and gears. Hopefull it helps. Just download the attachment.

Hi Dave, brilliant thank you. Guys/Girls remember the stock bike we have in Thailand has 14 front and 43 back sprockets.

Cheers Bard

I'm interested in these larger tyres also. I don't want to go bat-shit crazy, just get the biggest possible on the stock rims without getting the 'ballon' shape going on. Also it's my understanding that if you get too wide you have to have a higher aspect for the sidewall to keep the tyre correctly inside the rim. I.E., a much wider, lower profile tyre is constantly fighting to come out to its natural shape which is bigger than the rim.

Another concern is that I'm not terribly light (which is being nice!); will the larger tyre flex and end up rubbing on the swingarm?

Don't know if anyone else is interested, but I did find this lowering kit.

Finally, Bard, would your shop be up to manufacturing some headers that would leave the can under the bike (it looks like there's room) a la Buell?

600247.jpg

Hi Dave,

Yes I know of a good shop who can custom build the header for you, if you go to kawiforums and 2fiddy there is a couple of end cans which would be very suitable to match a Buell style also. Let me know and I can set you up with the shop details.

Cheers Bard

I would be interested in that shop too! Got the Tyga full exhaust but sorta want to get a set up like this, if the engine can be sorted which incidently should be arriving at the shop today!!

post-66923-1223893477_thumb.jpg

post-66923-1223893677_thumb.jpg

I'm interested in these larger tyres also. I don't want to go bat-shit crazy, just get the biggest possible on the stock rims without getting the 'ballon' shape going on. Also it's my understanding that if you get too wide you have to have a higher aspect for the sidewall to keep the tyre correctly inside the rim. I.E., a much wider, lower profile tyre is constantly fighting to come out to its natural shape which is bigger than the rim.

Another concern is that I'm not terribly light (which is being nice!); will the larger tyre flex and end up rubbing on the swingarm?

Don't know if anyone else is interested, but I did find this lowering kit.

Finally, Bard, would your shop be up to manufacturing some headers that would leave the can under the bike (it looks like there's room) a la Buell?

600247.jpg

Hi Dave,

Yes I know of a good shop who can custom build the header for you, if you go to kawiforums and 2fiddy there is a couple of end cans which would be very suitable to match a Buell style also. Let me know and I can set you up with the shop details.

Cheers Bard

I would be interested in that shop too! Got the Tyga full exhaust but sorta want to get a set up like this, if the engine can be sorted which incidently should be arriving at the shop today!!

AS a side note the bike on the left is my VFR and the other is what i want instead of the moto gp muffler, which ironically acts more like a megaphone!

Yes it seems like the "promotion" is still valid and the price stays put, which is very good news for everyone interested.

I donno about the free helmet or hump is included anymore though but the price is the same.

Hi Allan,

No I'm still toiling at work offshore so I can't get to it. :o I am keen on the Bridgestone BT090 140/110 combo supposed to be perfect fit, sticky and not run down to quick, if you know where I can get them it would be highly appreciated. I can then order and get it installed as soon as I get back home again.

Bard

I think that guy i gave you the number of can do those.

might pay to see who else is interested and try and do a group buy. cos if they are cheap enough i would probably have a set as well.

Good news for me the CBR250 seems to be finally running ok.................... and boy is f***ing fun. i've geared it down for accelleration and i still hit 160plus on the petkasem road back to samphran from nakhom pathom.

No fairing on my bike so me head was wagging around in the wind :o

The Kawa dealer in phuket wasn't sure about financing, he was waiting to hear from Aeon, but insisted that there was no option to do it any other way (with him). He did say if i could find someone in phuket who worked for govt i could pay in 2 instalments of 72000 each :o

Wheres the Kwaker dealer on HKT ??

I would like to get a sit on one for sizing.. Now that someone has said its about the same as a CBR400 but with more upright position I would like a look.. \

Plus I am just nosy..

Wheres the Kwaker dealer on HKT ??

I would like to get a sit on one for sizing.. Now that someone has said its about the same as a CBR400 but with more upright position I would like a look.. \

Plus I am just nosy..

Montri road (i think is the name) If not, on the same raod as O'Malleys but head towards the prison and it's about 20m on the same side.

hope this helps :o

Good idea Allan,

Dave, Tony and anyone else want to go for a tire/tyre upgrade for discounted price on Bridgestone BT090 140/110, Think you can get them in 150 as well, the absolute max for the Ninja is 150 rear and 120 front, I go for the 140/110 to retain the nibleness of the bike. The BT090 has good lifetime on the road, and are sticky enough for people in US to use them on racetracks on the Ninja's.

Let's get a list of people so we can get a good discount.

Bard 140/110 BT090

Allan ??????? BT090

Who else?

Ok Bard i spoke to him today. he only has the Bridgestones bt090 in a 150/60/17 rear no smaller as yet. i told him about the Ninja and he said it would be about 3 months until he can get the 140's. he did suggest the bt39 as a good tyre correct rear size 140/70/17, and i've heard good things about these but they are not radial.

ok pricing of the set bt090 110/70/17 front with a 150/60/17 rear 7,900 or buy 4 sets for 7,500 a set.

thats not bad i paid 8,000 for my alpha 10's.

one thing we could do if you want to check a 150 on ya bike is swap out my alpha 10 onto your bike and try it.

i think the bt39 will still be loads better than the standard IRC. It is the sport bias ply tyre after all.

Allaan

Ok Bard i spoke to him today. he only has the Bridgestones bt090 in a 150/60/17 rear no smaller as yet. i told him about the Ninja and he said it would be about 3 months until he can get the 140's. he did suggest the bt39 as a good tyre correct rear size 140/70/17, and i've heard good things about these but they are not radial.

ok pricing of the set bt090 110/70/17 front with a 150/60/17 rear 7,900 or buy 4 sets for 7,500 a set.

thats not bad i paid 8,000 for my alpha 10's.

one thing we could do if you want to check a 150 on ya bike is swap out my alpha 10 onto your bike and try it.

i think the bt39 will still be loads better than the standard IRC. It is the sport bias ply tyre after all.

Allaan

Good job Allan, owe you some beers

Can he fix BT 090 in 150/70/17, I am afraid the 60 will pinch on the 3,5" rim. I will check up the BT 39's meanwhile.

Cheers Bard

Checked the rim chart,

The excellent radial Bridgestone Battlax BT 090 fit perfect for the Ninja in 110/70/17 front and 140/70/17 back, the 150/60 requires 4.5" rim so it won't fit. So in that case I will burn my crappy IRC's until he can get them. If we order 4 sets will he still be unable to deliver for 3 months? In any case those are the ones I want. Checked up the BT39's and it is ok tires but not in the BT 090 class, if I upgrade I want radials. Just put me on order for the BT 090's Allan, I must have'em...

Here is the verdict of these tires;

Summary

The BT090 is perfect for aggressive riding

Cheers Bard

Ok update Big Bendum dont do the BT090 but they have the ALPHA 10 in 110/70/17 front and 140/60/17 rear price around 8,000 baht.

just letting ya all know.

Allan

Summary

the ALPHA 10 is the dogs bo**ocks for aggressive riding :o

Edited by thaicbr