Where Are The Bikers In Nakhon?

Chris78

The Songtaews are usuall doing 40kmph because VTR is laying in the road, I am slowing them down since I talk on the phone while riding the bike...

I think VTR will agree that a 1000cc bike will pass a songtaew very fast if it did 40.

Regading the seat I do have to say that the Honda VFR will take you a long way before your bum gets tired, also the Kwak ZX12 that I had. I followd a group (THAIS) to chompoon a few years back and we did move slowly, not bad at all, very nice to sit on... I MISS THAT BIKE...

I did take the Yaris to Phuket the week before xmas and I do have to say that it went well, not slow at all, infact the trip back went like mad. VTR will not agree but the time on my clock was 2h 45 min... Phuket-NST (My house...) Nightitme driving started at 0400 on my car clock and was home at 0641, I think I touched the break twice... Daytime VTR will go faster...

Tatler, yes we are still on the flipping same subject...

There are no longer any bikers in NST, I think VTR and myself were the last ones, and I do believe that he will agree, A CBR150 AINT A BIKE... I can walk faster than that thing... (I had one myself when I first got here) slow but very "flickable" for city driving (Bangkok).

Down here we can use a 1000cc for a citybike... Just ask VTR1000

End of story, Chris you are a wannabe biker, grow up, get some balls, get on something bigger... If you can handle that, you can call yourself a biker, just ask your GF, she knows what I talk about... Ask about my Big Blue Machine (MOTORCYCLE)...

BTW, Take pride in your ride? I bet VTR1000 takes no pride in his wave now...

PS, the CBR150 is not cool, it is cute.. for a little girl

Well, well... Mr Flake...I do find it rather odd that you are choosing to insult other bikers. Why do you feel like this? Could it be that you are somewhat frustrated with your own bikelessness?

You and VTR were the "last ones"...please...cue the maudlin violins...

'Last' implies that there can be no more after you. This is more than a little arrogant.

I also see you bragging about how fast you went on your 'real bike' (apparently 300km/h according to one post). Might I bring it to your attention that any rider could reach those speeds on such a bike. It is nothing to be proud of.

Also, the notion that anything smaller than a 1000cc bike is not a real bike is ridiculous. I think we both know a bike that size, whilst fast, powerful and attractive, is not very practical. Personally, I like the Honda CT70 Mini Trailbike. These bikes have a great engine size of 72cc, featuring a single overhead cam. These will get you around town and also fit into the boot of a car if needs be. If I see someone on this bike, I consider them a biker. The size of the engine is irrelevant.

Buying a bigger bike has nothing to do with 'balls' or anything macho or chestbeating as much as you would like it to be. It has to do with money. If you can afford the bike, the petrol, the maintenance, and the hospital bills when you come off..then this is the kind of bike for you.

In answer to the original post: 'Where are the bikers in Nakhon?' ...They're all around. They're the people who take care of their motorcyles, the people who drive safely whilst still having a good time, the people who speak enthusiastically about their vehicles regardless of the engine size, the people who have their bikes out in their driveways every weekend taking the utmost care to wash every surface. They're the people who would never put another biker down for having a less expensive ride.

Rhys..I'm only on about 1.4K...just past th break in phase...although I didn't ride under 7000RPM in that stage or whatever you're supposed to do. I've recently done the Samui trip...Next on the list is Hat Yai...I'd like to follow the coast road to Songkla and then cut inland to Hat Yai. Let me know what you reckon.

Hi Chris...my riding time has been cut....Not free for several weekends.. The longerst ride so far has only been around 30Km. However, it is funny at times.. I try not to ride at night.. but the other night some dog ran towards the bike.. I did not see him before it was too late.. and some how.. he just nicked the my left foot.. but it was a pretty good impact...

I keep thinking no matter what experience I've had riding...and no matter how carefully.. some like this comes out of the blue.

Actually, at times some of the biggest problems arise from other motorcyclist driving recklessly.

Care and caution.. right. Cheers..

This is killing me, yes I do know that the real bikers are the ones that goes on their bike in rain and use all saturday to make love to it...

Yes I am sad that I do no longer have a bike, I am sad that I can not ride any more...

You are not a real biker when you ride a bike just because you dont have any other option..

To all of you people that are slagging me off, I am a biker, I think of the bikes I had every day, I am constantly wondering if I should get a new one... I think the people that knows me know that I am jealous of their bikes regardless of size.

Not everyone can ride at 300kph so unless you have been there - dont tell me how it is, I know do you? If you have been there, good for you what bike did you ride?

I am sorry for not beeing a perfect motorbike rider, but I have yet to spend time in hospital because of a bike accident so I guess I did something correct when I rode one...

Do I care what you think? NO

Are you a biker just because you can not afford a car and hence ride a bike? NO

Are there many "Real bikers in NST"? YES

DO I ENVY THEM? hel_l YES

To Bertfinely; since I do not know you I will be nice..

The engine size of the bike does matter, the bodysize and bikesize matter (If you have seen me on a honda wave you know what I mean), everything on a bike matters, that is why real bikers care about their bikes...

PS I used to sleep with my bike next to me in the house it was my life so dont try to teach me about bikes, stick to yourself and let me rant on alone!

Thank you...

:D Hehe, so fun to make all of you upset...

Chris, you know that I like your bike. My car (the yaris) is a very good girly car. I am not richer than any other people around here so I don't know where that comes from...

For the record Chris, the comment about asking your GF was about what the bike looked like, nothing else, sorry if you took that the wrong way...

If you can not stand a little teasing, don't post your thing here on the net... You should also think about not telling us to have a go at you to get a car and so on...

No girls were after me when I drove a bike since I was and still am to fat and ugly. (I dont have your good looks). :D

To Paul, yes you fell off a bike at 165 mph, who cares...No seriously, I do hope you are healing well and that you will be back on bikes soon. Currently I do not have a big bike, not even a small bike (ask VTR1000 why not). I do look on the internet every day for a bike, I am sick to my stomach since I want one. PS. I dont want a lesson in riding a bike since I am sure that I am good enough on a bike for my riding style (I am in no league with VTR1000 or you I am sure) But I still have not managed to fall off the thing when I have been riding it, close yes, but no cake. :o

Tatler, I remeber those days I rode a big bike down here, I used to ride around in the rain since I truly enjoyed my bike. I was sitting with VTR1000 a few days ago and we where chatting on how big the smiles used to be. :bah::D

The thing is that you have to be happy with your bike. It doesnt matter what other people think, I loved my bike so should you Chris. :D

PS. Paul, tell more about what happened since you fell off your bike, I am sure that VTR1000 will be happy to share his memories of Phuket-Samui hospital with you... My scar is bigger than your scar, Hey, VTR! how many ribs are broken now?

And just for the record, I do not know how to ride a big bike,,, I can't ride on a straight road, I can't corner, I cant sit on a bike... I am not a biker, Paul, 30 years, sure you are the best biker in the world:-)

is tom still in NST? If so ...please pass on the message

Mate its been 12 years, move the fuc_k on that place is <deleted>!

Here is an idea for you that worked for me in Udon. Start posting your rides with specific location's to meet and times Ect. Invite other riders to meet you. Start getting e-mail addresses and then send out individual invitations to rides. You will have people show up. Takes some time and effort, but it will come togehter. Our list has grown enough now that there really are two one for fast riders and one for slower guys like me.

The problem isn't that there are not other riders the problem is that no one takes the time to try to get them together. I think one of the things that worked I never started out to build a club and there still isn't one. Just a place to sit up rides in my area.

My experience is that lots of guys want to go, but very few want to decide where :o

Edited by ray23

Desertexile

It improved immensely after you left! :o

Bloody hel_l,,,,,,Lets hope so!!!!!

You you You

Umm..exactly what does this have to do with the topic? If you want to talk about how bad NST is..by all means start a topic on that subject. I'm sure there would be plenty of people willing to discuss the matter.

Here is an idea for you that worked for me in Udon. Start posting your rides with specific location's to meet and times Ect. Invite other riders to meet you. Start getting e-mail addresses and then send out individual invitations to rides. You will have people show up. Takes some time and effort, but it will come togehter. Our list has grown enough now that there really are two one for fast riders and one for slower guys like me.

The problem isn't that there are not other riders the problem is that no one takes the time to try to get them together. I think one of the things that worked I never started out to build a club and there still isn't one. Just a place to sit up rides in my area.

My experience is that lots of guys want to go, but very few want to decide where :o

Thanks for the advice Ray. I will try this for the next ride I go on.

Desertexile

It improved immensely after you left! :o

Bloody hel_l,,,,,,Lets hope so!!!!!

You you You

Umm..exactly what does this have to do with the topic? If you want to talk about how bad NST is..by all means start a topic on that subject. I'm sure there would be plenty of people willing to discuss the matter.

Still has its fair share of resident tossers as well then. :D

Yep we are all here, just like you sir.

The bikers are all gone for the next few days, it's raining now so...

I woke up this morning and I had this urge for getting on my big jumper and go for a long ride (PROBLEM SINCE I HAVE NO F... MOTORBIKE).

Is there anyone out there who likes to hear the rain fall on your helmet and go for a good ride in the rain? or is it just me? C'mon you claim to bikers so there has to be one out there....

PS. VTR, how's the knee? are you still limping? I have had mosquito bites larger than that road burn...

We will get an elevator in school so you dont have to walk up the stairs anymore now with your injured knee...

Get well matey

HEHE

The rumor is that one of my friends went home with 2 katoeys on new years eve! do you know anything about it?

What happened? Did all of you "bikers" die away? Where is the action.. No wait I know, you are out riding... Lucky bastards...

I guess we ran out of things to say...No big rides for a while. Next chance I get I want to ride to Songkla and then on to Hat Yai before returning to NST. This will be the longest ride yet. I haven't been to either of these places before so if anyone has any advice or tips regarding the ride or the destinations themselves please let me know.

• 2 months later...
Snowflake.. what are you thoughts on the Kawasaki Ninja 250cc.

Depending on the size of the human on top... I am sure the bike is brilliant, I am sure the ride is amazing, if you are not my size...

For in town and shorter distances it is probably very good, but as touring, nope...

I looked at the pictures and it looks very nice...

For me, no!

for someone smaller than me (size) Yes...

If you are going to buy one, how much is the new one??? Yamaha is now selling the FZ6 for only 437000B ...