Where Are The Bikers In Nakhon?

Chris78

Are there any other motorcycle enthusiasts in NST? Or has everyone become old and sensible and purchased a car? I have recently bought a CBR 150, hence the newly found enthusiasm for all things related to bikes. There doesn't seem to be very many riders in the city with anything other than a scooter. I know my bike isn't big by any stretch but compared to the majority of bikes I see daily, it's a beast. At home I'd be laughed off the road for having a girl's bike. :o

If anyone else owns a bike 150cc or bigger, let me know and perhaps we can organise some sort of NST bikers club. Even if you have a hotted up 125cc (I'm sure there are a few that could leave me for dust) that's is cool too.

Also, feel free to tell me I should buy a car and grow up :D

Chris, there used to be quite a few bikers here with bikes going way up to 1500cc. I love bikes, bigger the better but due to a minor mishap a while ago, the Mrs will only let me on a Wave now. :D

Anyway, with all the rain we're having, it's nice to sit in the old car watchin' you lot get wet. :o:D

Oh yeah, and less of the 'old' please!

Just for the record, VTR1000 was the one falling off the bike all the time, sure I went down too, but compare hospital bills and injuries and he will go out on top by far.. All I had was a small burn...

I do remeber after VTR1000's accident everyone was on my back to get rid of the bike... it's to dangerous to ride a bike, it makes me sick to see you on a bike... NO WONDER I SOLD IT... it came from everyone... I really want to have another bike (800cc upwards) but since I now a 2 cars I can not afford it...

But just wait,,, I did find a nice Ninja in bangkok... hmmm....

Have fun with your pedal bike Chris, its nice and a good beginning... (Why would you not be happy on a bike?)

Cars are boring, but comfortable...

Thanks to everyone that told me bikes are dangerous,,, I do now have you all on my hate list...

Just for the record, VTR1000 was the one falling off the bike all the time, sure I went down too, but compare hospital bills and injuries and he will go out on top by far.. All I had was a small burn...

I do remeber after VTR1000's accident everyone was on my back to get rid of the bike... it's to dangerous to ride a bike, it makes me sick to see you on a bike... NO WONDER I SOLD IT... it came from everyone... I really want to have another bike (800cc upwards) but since I now a 2 cars I can not afford it...

But just wait,,, I did find a nice Ninja in bangkok... hmmm....

Have fun with your pedal bike Chris, its nice and a good beginning... (Why would you not be happy on a bike?)

Cars are boring, but comfortable...

Thanks to everyone that told me bikes are dangerous,,, I do now have you all on my hate list...

MY LITTLE SNOWFLAKE :D:D I thought you changed to a car because every bike looked like a Honda wave with you sitting on it :o:D .... merry christmas

I'm taking these responses to mean that nobody on this forum still rides a motorcyle. Oh well, I gave it a shot...I guess I'll have to throw those brand new motorcycle jackets in the bin. :D

Chris, don't throw them in the bin mate, sell them on ebay and get some money for a car :o:D

Hi Chris.. bought a CBR 150 myself.. and even got a Thai Motorcycle license as well... How do you like the performance of your Honda?

I really don't like city driving.. I like the open road..and where I cruise. it is nice smooth roads by the Walailak University College area...

It has been a while..since my KZ 750, KL 250 days, SL 350 and SL 100 Days... This style of racing bike has taken me a little longer to feel comfort in the lean position.

No.. you don't need a car.. well sometimes.. Tell me.. is your bike RED.. I have seen a few about...

When and how long of a ride are thinking.. I have thought of the Nakhon Si Thammarat to Phanga Nga Run.. but that is a long ride...

Cheers.. Ride safe..

Edited by Rhys

Hi Chris.. bought a CBR 150 myself.. and even got a Thai Motorcycle license as well... How do you like the performance of your Honda?

I really don't like city driving.. I like the open road..and where I cruise. it is nice smooth roads by the Walailak University College area...

It has been a while..since my KZ 750, KL 250 days, SL 350 and SL 100 Days... This style of racing bike has taken me a little longer to feel comfort in the lean position.

No.. you don't need a car.. well sometimes.. Tell me.. is your bike RED.. I have seen a few about...

When and how long of a ride are thinking.. I have thought of the Nakhon Si Thammarat to Phanga Nga Run.. but that is a long ride...

Cheers.. Ride safe..

Hey Rhys...Happy to hear there's another CBR 150 rider out there. Do you live in Nakhon city or out near Walailak? I agree with you about city riding..my hand gets tired with all the 'clutch on/clutch off' in thick traffic...oh well..gotta be done sometimes.

I'm happy with the performance of the 150, especially when you consider how small the engine is. I'm sure, however, that in a year I'll be wanting to get something with more grunt. I started with a 125cc Sonic, now a 150cc CBR and maybe next time a 400cc...I'm working my way up slowly which I think is the way to go.

My bike is black but I think the red and blue ones are nice looking as well.

At this stage I'm looking to ride as far as Samui or Phangan or Lanta but later on in the piece I'd be up for somewhere further than that.

How many k's have you got on your bike so far?

Chris, isn't there another falang driving around on a yellow CBR150?? i'm sure i've seem him racing around Nakhon!! he might be interested as well.. will find out who he is.

I know him. Won't post his name here but I did ask him if he was interested. He said that he only likes the bike for getting from A - B and nothing else.

:o

Chris, isn't there another falang driving around on a yellow CBR150?? i'm sure i've seem him racing around Nakhon!! he might be interested as well.. will find out who he is.

I know him. Won't post his name here but I did ask him if he was interested. He said that he only likes the bike for getting from A - B and nothing else.

Fair enough. I guess that's the main reason you need a vehicle of any kind. I think he's just scared that my bike is cooler than his and he will feel bad. :D

Seriously though, think it's important to 'take pride in your ride' no matter how big/small/old/new it is. Even if i had one of those horrible looking JRD Joker bikes I'd probably still be on here letting everyone know how cool it is. :D

There are no longer any bikers in NST, I think VTR and myself were the last ones, and I do believe that he will agree, A CBR150 AINT A BIKE... I can walk faster than that thing... (I had one myself when I first got here) slow but very "flickable" for city driving (Bangkok).

Down here we can use a 1000cc for a citybike... Just ask VTR1000

End of story, Chris you are a wannabe biker, grow up, get some balls, get on something bigger... If you can handle that, you can call yourself a biker, just ask your GF, she knows what I talk about... Ask about my Big Blue Machine (MOTORCYCLE)...

BTW, Take pride in your ride? I bet VTR1000 takes no pride in his wave now...

PS, the CBR150 is not cool, it is cute.. for a little girl

Edited by snowflake

Hey a bike is a bike and snowflake you might have the biggest bike around BUT CAN YOU RIDE IT?????

In over thirty years of bike riding (which included one period in the UK on a race track) most of the guys I met who bragged about engine size had not a clue how to use their machines unlesss they were going in a atraight line.

Small bikes are great on the real twisty bits and I rarely see a road here that is suitable for anything over 250cc.

A 165 tumble in the uk has temporarily suspended my motorcycling days but this year I shall be buying something.

No need for a big bike on these roads---and if I ever see you round here on your machine I will show you how to really ride Snowflake.

Hey a bike is a bike and snowflake you might have the biggest bike around BUT CAN YOU RIDE IT?????

In over thirty years of bike riding (which included one period in the UK on a race track) most of the guys I met who bragged about engine size had not a clue how to use their machines unlesss they were going in a atraight line.

Small bikes are great on the real twisty bits and I rarely see a road here that is suitable for anything over 250cc.

A 165 tumble in the uk has temporarily suspended my motorcycling days but this year I shall be buying something.

No need for a big bike on these roads---and if I ever see you round here on your machine I will show you how to really ride Snowflake.

Yawn!

:o (can't find a yawn smiley)

There are no longer any bikers in NST, I think VTR and myself were the last ones, and I do believe that he will agree, A CBR150 AINT A BIKE... I can walk faster than that thing... (I had one myself when I first got here) slow but very "flickable" for city driving (Bangkok).

Down here we can use a 1000cc for a citybike... Just ask VTR1000

End of story, Chris you are a wannabe biker, grow up, get some balls, get on something bigger... If you can handle that, you can call yourself a biker, just ask your GF, she knows what I talk about... Ask about my Big Blue Machine (MOTORCYCLE)...

BTW, Take pride in your ride? I bet VTR1000 takes no pride in his wave now...

PS, the CBR150 is not cool, it is cute.. for a little girl

Oh Snowflake...You're so right. I will never be as good as you. You are the coolest biker ever in Nakhon. I can only dream of being a 'Real Biker'. I bet all the girls were after you when they saw how big your bike was. I am so jealous. You must be the toughest guy in Nakhon :o

Seriously though, I doubt you can walk faster than a shopping trolley dude. Maybe you should check which car you're driving before you start throwing stupid insults around. Last time I checked..that was a girl's car...and an overpriced one at that.

Start your own thread about how cool you are and about your 'glory days' when you could ride big bikes around and remind yourself of how much better you are than everyone else. Stop hijacking mine with your negative 'I'm so much better than you' <deleted>.

P.S. Not everyone can afford big bikes and big cars... Maybe next you can talk about how much richer you are than everyone else and how that makes you superior to us lowly commoners. With this kind of attitude, I can see how you fit in nicely in Thailand..yay for you...

Edited by Chris78

There's a chap I know who rides 40km a day in central Bangkok on a lowly 125cc Honda Dream. He has over 20,000km on that bike from doing his daily commute this way. Riding in the rain, at night and in any amount of traffic and pollution with all the muppets and drunkards and corrupt police to deal with.

Now that's a biker.

Nuff said. :o

:D Hehe, so fun to make all of you upset...

Chris, you know that I like your bike. My car (the yaris) is a very good girly car. I am not richer than any other people around here so I don't know where that comes from...

For the record Chris, the comment about asking your GF was about what the bike looked like, nothing else, sorry if you took that the wrong way...

If you can not stand a little teasing, don't post your thing here on the net... You should also think about not telling us to have a go at you to get a car and so on...

No girls were after me when I drove a bike since I was and still am to fat and ugly. (I dont have your good looks). :D

To Paul, yes you fell off a bike at 165 mph, who cares...No seriously, I do hope you are healing well and that you will be back on bikes soon. Currently I do not have a big bike, not even a small bike (ask VTR1000 why not). I do look on the internet every day for a bike, I am sick to my stomach since I want one. PS. I dont want a lesson in riding a bike since I am sure that I am good enough on a bike for my riding style (I am in no league with VTR1000 or you I am sure) But I still have not managed to fall off the thing when I have been riding it, close yes, but no cake. :o

Tatler, I remeber those days I rode a big bike down here, I used to ride around in the rain since I truly enjoyed my bike. I was sitting with VTR1000 a few days ago and we where chatting on how big the smiles used to be. :bah::D

The thing is that you have to be happy with your bike. It doesnt matter what other people think, I loved my bike so should you Chris. :D

PS. Paul, tell more about what happened since you fell off your bike, I am sure that VTR1000 will be happy to share his memories of Phuket-Samui hospital with you... My scar is bigger than your scar, Hey, VTR! how many ribs are broken now?

And just for the record, I do not know how to ride a big bike,,, I can't ride on a straight road, I can't corner, I cant sit on a bike... I am not a biker, Paul, 30 years, sure you are the best biker in the world:-)

Edited by snowflake

Ok...all good...I guess I was in a grumpy mood the day I read your post...hope you'll have a good New Year's. :o

PS rode my bike to Samui for the first time...very nice ride...easy too...took me around 90mins to the pier...I guess you could do it in under an hour with a big bike. Hopefully one day soon, when I'm a more experienced rider (only been riding for a year and a half), I'll do that trip at 160km/h and not 110km/h.

:o Hehe, so fun to make all of you upset...

For the record Chris, the comment about asking your GF was about what the bike looked like, nothing else, sorry if you took that the wrong way...

If you can not stand a little teasing, don't post your thing here on the net... You should also think about not telling us to have a go at you to get a car and so on...

Snowflake, I'm not surprised if you intended it to be meant like that... But for the record, Chris was not pissed about it at all and he never thought of it--that way [although you would have wanted him to think that right? Knowing you, i bet you had the plot running in your head before you even wrote it! *wink wink}Cheers man.. Happy New Year!!! ;-P

Enough of this girly banter!

Let's go back to the original topic, 'coz I really would like to go riding somewhere farther than DON SAK even just in my lowly Dee-mon Sonic... Anyone interested to go bike riding to Had Yai? Or Somewhere?

Happy new year and all that...

There might be a new big bike this year, so if I get one, sure I will go riding...

Chris, just for the record, a few years ago I went with two other foreigners to Donsak (on bigger bikes), and one of them wanted to only go at about 90kph, so if you did do 110, good for you. How did your bum feel after that? First time I drove from NST to Phuket I used a CBR150, believe me, that was very painful, you would not have wanted to walk next to me then, if you know what I mean...

The CBR is a brilliant little bike, but for longer distance riding, a BIGGER (size not engine) is better, more comfortable.

PS. Just for the record, my little girlycar was bought for a girl, but it is just so dam_n good that it beats my Vigo for in town driving...

Paul, how come I have not seen you around lately? Where are you? Can you just tell me why the roads here are not suitable for bikes bigger than 250cc? I think that the top speed of a 250cc bike will be around 180kph before it starts to shake a little. Now please tell me why a 1000cc bike would not be as good or suitable? yes it will reach 250kph but it wont wobble as much... What is your thought about that mr. Iam the best rider? :-) (joking)

I agree that a bigger seat size will be more comfortable for longer rides. Although I think that any seat becomes uncomfortable after a few hours. I'm not a big fan of the Honda Phantom but I'm sure it would be more comfortable for longer stints.

I haven't done a ride as far as Phuket yet but I'm sure that when I do I will need to take a lot of breaks. I did the Don Sak ride with no breaks but Phuket is a lot further.

I also concur that the Yaris is a more suitable car for NST city driving. The streets are narrow and parking can get a bit scarce, so the smaller the vehicle the better. Ideally I think you need a small car/bike (yes, a girl's one) for the city and a bigger, more powerful vehicle for longer stints on more open roads. Isn't it a pain in the arse to have a bike that can hit 250km/h but you're stuck behind a songthaew doing 40km/h in 1st gear? Unless you intend to do some longer trips, a big bike in the city will do more harm than good.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents..let me know what bike you end up going for. I saw some big bikes for rent in Samui but they only had 1000cc and it's a bit too big a jump from 150cc...also, the traffic in Samui was a little busy so I decided against it...maybe a 500cc would be a little easier to manage at this stage.

I agree that a bigger seat size will be more comfortable for longer rides. Although I think that any seat becomes uncomfortable after a few hours. I'm not a big fan of the Honda Phantom but I'm sure it would be more comfortable for longer stints.

I haven't done a ride as far as Phuket yet but I'm sure that when I do I will need to take a lot of breaks. I did the Don Sak ride with no breaks but Phuket is a lot further.

I also concur that the Yaris is a more suitable car for NST city driving. The streets are narrow and parking can get a bit scarce, so the smaller the vehicle the better. Ideally I think you need a small car/bike (yes, a girl's one) for the city and a bigger, more powerful vehicle for longer stints on more open roads. Isn't it a pain in the arse to have a bike that can hit 250km/h but you're stuck behind a songthaew doing 40km/h in 1st gear? Unless you intend to do some longer trips, a big bike in the city will do more harm than good.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents..let me know what bike you end up going for. I saw some big bikes for rent in Samui but they only had 1000cc and it's a bit too big a jump from 150cc...also, the traffic in Samui was a little busy so I decided against it...maybe a 500cc would be a little easier to manage at this stage.

It's usually the songtaews stuck behind Snowflake!