post-51697-1197969386_thumb.jpg

Wanted for shooting a guy

post-51697-1197969404_thumb.jpg

Belongs to international crime gang and was involved in armed robbery

post-51697-1197969422_thumb.jpg

Same same

Do the right thing if you see them - run! :o

Edited by SamuiBond

Got any numbers to call? Do I need a work permit to get any reward?

Don't call me man! Lol. I would assume best bet is to call local authorities. Once they bust your guy you can always contact them and give your details. They will then provide this information to people who come to pick these guys. I guess they give somekind of reward although it was not mentioned in the story. If you're Swedish you could check Aftonbladet website for more details.

They previously nabbed one of the gang members (robbed armoured cash delivery truck) from Pattaya and one could believe that they might be looking for somewhat quieter place to lay low, like Samui, Phanang, Had Yai, Hua Hin...?

They lookjust so many clean cut tourists, they could be any where.

Some details on who they are and where to report them would be a good start. ie

Fred smith

wanted for: swearing at a call center employee,

wanted by: Indian sensibility squad Bombay

conact; Sgt Sangit Idonteatbeef

TV should create a link to wanted criminals. I'd bet there are a hundred or more living in Thailand right this minute. Thailand is a gangsters paradise in my opinion. I bet they even have a Gangster Social Club in Pattaya where they all get together. There's all kinds of crime routed through this country from all continents. Someday you are going to see a giant sting here in which 20 to 50 of them get pulled in at one time by a joint effort from Interpol, FBI and all the other criminal investigation agencies around the globe. Actually I'd make a good movie; one man would have to go undercover into the seedy underworld in Thailand and break the whole thing open from the inside.

TV should create a link to wanted criminals. I'd bet there are a hundred or more living in Thailand right this minute. Thailand is a gangsters paradise in my opinion. I bet they even have a Gangster Social Club in Pattaya where they all get together. There's all kinds of crime routed through this country from all continents. Someday you are going to see a giant sting here in which 20 to 50 of them get pulled in at one time by a joint effort from Interpol, FBI and all the other criminal investigation agencies around the globe. Actually I'd make a good movie; one man would have to go undercover into the seedy underworld in Thailand and break the whole thing open from the inside.

You may be right. Whenever I see some farang arrested, I'm always curious if it was someone I was posting to the night before.

The source of the bulletin has been verified so the topic has been re-posted on the forum.

/Edit - Moved to General Forum.

Still, I find this a very strange topic.

In fact it's possible for any TV member to put some photos of 3 men without their names* and tell the public on Thaivisa that these men are from:

1. Sweden

2. wanted for serious crimes

3. seen on beaches in Thailand...

...BUT without mentioning any other background or links or other detailed information.

That is 'walking on slippery ice' for Thaivisa and I find such a topic 'not done' unless there is a lot more info about these 3 men and why they are wanted and by whom and since when....

I understood that Jai Dee has verified the source and it is reposted now but:

still...............strange topic without any detailed info.

A 'most wanted' list has at least names and details for WHAT crime(s) a fugitive is wanted....

LaoPo

These 3 Swedish guys are wanted by the police and seen in Thai beaches:

post-51697-1197969386_thumb.jpg

Wanted for shooting a guy

post-51697-1197969404_thumb.jpg

Belongs to international crime gang and was involved in armed robbery

post-51697-1197969422_thumb.jpg

Same same

Do the right thing if you see them - run! :o

Just another 3 up market tourist for Thailand

The source of the bulletin has been verified so the topic has been re-posted on the forum.

In fact it's possible for any TV member to put some photos of 3 men without their names* and tell the public on Thaivisa that these men are from:

1. Sweden

...BUT without mentioning any other background or links or other detailed information.

That is 'walking on slippery ice' for Thaivisa and I find such a topic 'not done' unless there is a lot more info about these 3 men and why they are wanted and by whom and since when....

A 'most wanted' list has at least names and details for WHAT crime(s) a fugitive is wanted....

LaoPo

"Source" is double checked by the moderators and as for one I wouldn't post bull in a first place. I just didn't post the link in public.

I think that there could be actual space on TV for local "most wanted" list but knowing people this would give grief for the mods since every pic would have to be verified cause some of the posters wouldn't necessary follow the rules and just place pics of squatters, silly tourists that didn't pay their bill or public figures...

As for more info: The first guy shot a guy that annoyed him in a bar. This guy was offering some girl drinks and he just didn't like as bystander how things went down. He waited outside the restaurant for the guy and shot him.

These two latter guys were involved (as mentioned before) in armoured cash delivery van heist. One has been nabbed in Pattaya already but these two remain "free".

Edited by SamuiBond

If these guys are criminals and wanted in their home country for serious offenses How did they manage to retain their passports? Would the PP's not have been confiscated to prevent them fleeing their country. Since they did seem to keep their PP's then would it not behoove their home countries to issue warnings to other nations or post a warning when their PP's are scanned by Thai passport control including passport number, name so local authorites could enter the info into their local systems.

If these guys are criminals and wanted in their home country for serious offenses How did they manage to retain their passports? Would the PP's not have been confiscated to prevent them fleeing their country. Since they did seem to keep their PP's then would it not behoove their home countries to issue warnings to other nations or post a warning when their PP's are scanned by Thai passport control including passport number, name so local authorites could enter the info into their local systems.

Assuming that you plan a millions of dollars kind of heist you think your escape plan up front including fake passports. Today you can get passport of pretty much any (for example) South American country - online. I once had a leather covered book that included most of the countries in the world, ways to open bank account, getting passport and even nationality. Basically what you need is cash. Rest is sematics...

1. Sweden

LaoPo

"Source" is double checked by the moderators and as for one I wouldn't post bull in a first place. I just didn't post the link in public.

I think that there could be actual space on TV for local "most wanted" list but knowing people this would give grief for the mods since every pic would have to be verified cause some of the posters wouldn't necessary follow the rules and just place pics of squatters, silly tourists that didn't pay their bill or public figures...

As for more info: The first guy shot a guy that annoyed him in a bar. This guy was offering some girl drinks and he just didn't like as bystander how things went down. He waited outside the restaurant for the guy and shot him.

These two latter guys were involved (as mentioned before) in armoured cash delivery van heist. One has been nabbed in Pattaya already but these two remain "free".

Is it possible to post a link to ANY story concerning ANY of these men?

If they are wanted, can a link to their NAMES be made?

TV should create a link to wanted criminals. I'd bet there are a hundred or more living in Thailand right this minute.

Big number that. We have more than that in Doncaster UK. :D

Thailand is a gangsters paradise in my opinion

Thats funny. :D Ever lived in London, Manchester, Philly or NJ?

I bet they even have a Gangster Social Club in Pattaya

:o I just KNEW Pattaya would come into it. :D

where they all get together. There's all kinds of crime routed through this country from all continents. Someday you are going to see a giant sting here in which 20 to 50 of them get pulled in at one time by a joint effort from Interpol, FBI and

20-50? Thats GIANT ! hahahahahaa

all the other criminal investigation agencies around the globe. Actually I'd make a good movie; one man would have to go undercover into the seedy underworld in Thailand and break the whole thing open from the inside.

Sounds a perfect role for you. :D

Edited by stevemiddie

Big number that. We have more than that in Doncaster UK

Well, for expats on the run Thailand sure seems to be a popular place to head to. As for Doncaster, is there anyone in Doncaster that isn't a criminal? :D

Thats funny. :o Ever lived in London, Manchester, Philly or NJ?

Good point. Those places do have crime for sure but I consider them to be more a paradise for a*holes.

I just KNEW Pattaya would come into it.

It's possible that coming from a place like Doncaster, you might not notice the crime here. It can't compare as you noted. But to people who don't live in Pattaya or those of us who don't come from high crime neighborhoods see the difference between Pattaya and other places in Thailand. If you split you timein Thailand between Pattaya and Bangkok's nightlife areas you mioght not notice that the rest of Thailand is a bit different from them.

20-50? Thats GIANT ! hahahahahaa

20 - 50 foreigners would be a lot for Thailand. I know its common to break up groups in England like this but not out here in Asia. You may know something I don't as it would seem you know about Pattaya pretty well. How many do you think they would be able to arrest not including yourself?

Thank you.... So now, at least, we have their names and ages (from top to bottom by the OP's photos).

Pasi Miettistä, 40

Anthony "Tony" Batalla, 43

Mikael Malmberg, 35

Now then, any links to English-language accounts or detailed translations of their exploits?

Actually that was the problem from the start that it didn't hit international news coverage, just Nordic country level so at least I'm in darkness if there's anything in English about them.

Edited by SamuiBond

Failing any English-language links and in the interest of clarity, could you please provide a translation (with more detailed translation then previously posted) of the sbk-provided link? Thank you.

Otherwise, everyone is in the dark.

The previous link is from Finland, not Sweden, and contains 15.120 other links (yes: fifteen thousand one hundred and twenty links...). I am very reluctant to click on any of them since I don't know if this link is to be trusted.

Therefore I stand with my opinion that it is 'odd and not done' to post 3 photos of male individuals who are alleged criminals, according to the OP who has his info from a certain link from Finland; not even any other Thai or English newspaper or other sources are supplied or to be found so far.

Again: slippery ice for Thaivisa to have a thread with photos of three individuals of whom we don't know anything other than what the OP claims.

What if they are innocent ? :o

LaoPo

Failing any English-language links and in the interest of clarity, could you please provide a translation (with more detailed translation then previously posted) of the sbk-provided link? Thank you.

Otherwise, everyone is in the dark.

What's in the story about these guys is pretty much said in this thread already. Cops have their passports and they don't know under which identity they are hiding. They have suspicion that they are in Thailand since people have seen them on Thai beaches (not mentioned which ones).

There's been many people who've seen the murder suspect Pasi Miettinen during the years (shooting happened already 7-years ago). Cops say that this guy can be unpredictable and dangerous.

These other two hit a money transport in Finland which failed but they are suspects also for robbing "Finnish Bank"(?). All of them belong to the Swedish most wanted list.

That's about all that I can squeeze from the story (on top of what's already said) about them.

I completely agree, LaoPo... We know nothing of the story.... and without the story... well, there is no story AKA thread.

Perhaps we could suspend this thread until a proper OP is made?

*edit* ... after the just prior post was added while making this post.... my suggestion.... stands.

Edited by sriracha john

I believe Thailand is just one of many countries where wanted people hide out.

Brazil for once is also a so called paradise for them.

Doubt that the wanted guys try to hook up with other criminals when they enter the Kindom.

Of course, one would hope, so it would be easier to pick up many in one operation.