Immigration Problems?

I'll be on holiday in thailand for 26 nights in january - flying in to bkk on a return flight with etihad.

I'm considering visiting singapore for a few days in the middle of the holiday, probably flying from phuket or samui return.

on arrival in bkk, I'll record my return flight with etihad on my departure card.

as my departure will card will show the etihad flight, does anyone know if I would experience problems at immigration if I do go to singapore for a few days?

cheers

game

:o

You must change the flight information on your departure card, ie strike out the current flight number and write the new flight number above it. When you check in for your flight to Singapore, the check-in staff may verify that information, otherwise at the latest the immigration officer on departure will.

--

Maestro

Leave the flight info on your departure card blank. They don't care if you fill this in when you arrive. If you go to Singapore you will put that flight and surrender the card when leaving LOS. When you come back from Singapore you will get a new departure card that you will put the Ethihad flight on. Have fun. Weather is sunny and warm right now.

Right you are, Jackbox. I overlooked the fact that he is not yet in Thailand.

The flight number on the departure part of the arrival/departure card can be added immediately before the departure, and when I forgot to do it the check-in staff did it for me.

--

Maestro

I never fill in the departure card until I actually leave.

Never had a problem.

cheers - that's what I'll do.

in the past I've always completed both parts before arrival in bkk. I wasn't too sure how it would go down if I left the departure part blank.

tbh, I thought evidence of an onward flight had to be provided if arriving on a 30-day stamp. evidently not.

anyway, thanks again for the response.

If they want evidence of an onward flight it will require you provide a ticket. The departure side of the cards should only be filled in when you are ready to leave - many times flight numbers/dates change between your arrival and departure.