Purchasing A Trumpet

vagabond48

I left my trumpet back in the states because I already came with so much stuff so I didn't take it. I just brought my mouthpiece. Although I haven't played in years, I thought I might begin practicing again, away from my GH of course or I'd have to find another. :D:o

I would prefer to buy a used one, so does CM have pawnshops? Just in case they don't exist here or they don't have any trumpets, are there any shops that sell brass instruments? I have seen several ones that sell guitars but none so far that sell trumpets.

A google search did not return any results.

Edited by vagabond48

Strumpets aplenty, I think the music shop in Loi Kroh sells trumpets too.

Music shop in Loi Kroh - if it is the one I think you mean it proves how rarely you visit that part of town - has been closed for at least a year. There are two I can think of that would be a decent bet. Music shop on Thapae Road - half way up on the right hand side and the other is Pol Music on Charoen Prathet. The Thapae Gate one would be my first pick because they are much bigger and have a wider range of instruments. I was there a while back and noticed they had Selmer brass instruments so someone is pretty serious. Second hand wise there are a few places around but they are usually student quality and (cared for as such) the valves will be poor quality and probably gunked up with unnamed student's spittle. Other suggestion is to check at one of the schools - they commonly have a school band and would be able to point the OP in the direction of a supplier.

CB

Strumpets aplenty, I think the music shop in Loi Kroh sells trumpets too.

Music shop in Loi Kroh - if it is the one I think you mean it proves how rarely you visit that part of town - has been closed for at least a year. There are two I can think of that would be a decent bet. Music shop on Thapae Road - half way up on the right hand side and the other is Pol Music on Charoen Prathet. The Thapae Gate one would be my first pick because they are much bigger and have a wider range of instruments. I was there a while back and noticed they had Selmer brass instruments so someone is pretty serious. Second hand wise there are a few places around but they are usually student quality and (cared for as such) the valves will be poor quality and probably gunked up with unnamed student's spittle. Other suggestion is to check at one of the schools - they commonly have a school band and would be able to point the OP in the direction of a supplier.

CB

Don't encourage him there's enough noise in CM already :o

Drop by North Gate Jazz Co-Op by Champuake Gate and ask around. They have some brilliant brass players there and I'm sure someone will point you in the right direction.

.....and speaking of Jazz, the excellent New City Gurus are playing on Christmas night at the UN Irish Pub starting at 10pm. It's going to be a great gig and the last for a while from their guitarist AJ who's off to the States for six months. Don't miss it!

For those interested, I'm putting a new set of pictures from last night's session at NGJC on my website later today (Saturday 22/12) - check my profile for the address.

Edited by Greenside

For those interested, I'm putting a new set of pictures from last night's session at NGJC on my website later today (Saturday 22/12) - check my profile for the address.

Here's one...

234817753-M.jpg

Kevin John Bradley playing last night at North Gate - He'll be at the UNIP on Tuesday night with the New City Gurus.

Kevin John Bradley playing last night at North Gate - He'll be at the UNIP on Tuesday night with the New City Gurus.

I met Kevin briefly last week at the North Gate. He gave me some information that didn't pan out. Perhaps the stores were no longer in business, moved or I got his directions wrong.