Muay Thai Gyms

thaiman

It is called Sityodtong gym. And it is based near Siam Country Club. Great gym! I trained there for nearly one-year and miss every single minute of it! In the 1990's, it had the reputation of one of the best gyms in Thailand and produced some legendary fighters such as: Samart Parakoon, Yoddecha (still there) and many more! I only wish I was there ten-years' ago so I could have trained with these legends!

Are you there to fight or train? All the pad men are good, but, you must remember they can be lazy sometimes (Thais' in general), and they need reminding of this! If it is purely fun you are going for, I would recommend Sityodthong or Scorpion gym.

However, if you are competing, head up to Bangkok, as this is where the serious gyms are.

All the best

Edited by scott1

It is called Sityodtong gym. And it is based near Siam Country Club. Great gym! I trained there for nearly one-year and miss every single minute of it! In the 1990's, it had the reputation of one of the best gyms in Thailand and produced some legendary fighters such as: Samart Parakoon, Yoddecha (still there) and many more! I only wish I was there ten-years' ago so I could have trained with these legends!

Are you there to fight or train? All the pad men are good, but, you must remember they can be lazy sometimes (Thais' in general), and they need reminding of this! If it is purely fun you are going for, I would recommend Sityodthong or Scorpion gym.

However, if you are competing, head up to Bangkok, as this is where the serious gyms are.

All the best

Just want to train and get in shape. Where is scorpion gym?

It use to be situated next to the big electrical store - near Soi Dianna I think? But they have now moved to a better location. Check out their web site: http://www.scorpion-muaythai.com/

My advice would be to check them both out. See which trainer / gym 'looks after' you the most. Go to them all and see which you prefer. There is another Muay Thai gym near Water Park in Jomtien (http://www.chokemuay.com/sitjaipetch.gym.htm). All the gyms' are very good compared with Western standards; they will get you in shape in no time! A reasonable diet; training; running; and the heat will whip you into good shape no problem.

Hope it goes well. Let me know how you get on.

Cheers

I found tony's and fairtex. fairtex is too expensive and I've hear negative things about Tony's. What did you like about scorpion?

It is professional and has good trainers'. It's all about the people - not the gym. Tony's is not so good, but, like I said: try them all. There is also a gym called ISS on Suckhumvit Rd (sorry about spelling). Give this a try.

Good luck