Christmas Dinner Buffet - American Style

patsfangr

My wife and I will be going to the Christmas buffet dinner at Great American Rib. It runs from 5:00 - 9:30 on Christmas night, and costs 695 baht p/p. The menu is very large, and looks great. Here are just a few items from it that appeal to me:

Caesar salad, cole slaw, potato salad

Apple smoked turkey, BBQ ham, sirloin beef with candied yams, smoked "St Louis style" pork ribs, Blackened duck breast

Cornbread sausage and apple stuffing, horseradish mashed potatoes.

Pumpkin, apple pie.

Enough to tempt you? Hope to see some of you there.

If interested, either drop in, or call for reservations at 038-300874

Great American Rib is located on Thepprasit Road, about 1.9 kms west from Sukhumvit, on the left side. (Large orange colored sign extends out over the sidewalk. Parking either at the curb, or in back, via soi just beyond the restaurant.)

Several weeks ago, some Great American Rib personnel were handing out flyers sort of outside the Marriott Hotel... and I told the gal that the flyer needed to have the STREET ADDRESS, PHONE NUMBER, and maybe even a simple map, so people could find the place... it seemed odd to me to hand out flyers so far in advance, that were so poorly written. I told her that the information/suggestion I gave her was free, at no charge to them... and she looked at me as if I was Charles Manson.

Is that an all-you-can-eat situation? If so, seems to be a good price, as I find the food there good.

Several weeks ago, some Great American Rib personnel were handing out flyers sort of outside the Marriott Hotel... and I told the gal that the flyer needed to have the STREET ADDRESS, PHONE NUMBER, and maybe even a simple map, so people could find the place... it seemed odd to me to hand out flyers so far in advance, that were so poorly written. I told her that the information/suggestion I gave her was free, at no charge to them... and she looked at me as if I was Charles Manson.

Is that an all-you-can-eat situation? If so, seems to be a good price, as I find the food there good.

I'm sure that the flyers were originally printed with the idea of handing them out only to customers on site, which is where I got mine. But the absence of an address isn't the only error on it. They also printed two phone numbers on the bottom, one of which belongs to the former manager, Greg, who now manages their Hua Hin branch. I called that number because I thought he was, perhaps, coming back here to manage the buffet, because of his experience. Nope. He was bewildered as to why they had his number on there. He has no involvement in the Pattaya buffet at all.

I'm sure that the buffet is "all you can eat". However, I'm not sure that it will be a true "buffet". I went to the weekend buffet a couple of weeks ago, only to discover that there actually was no buffet spread out in the restauraunt. They were preparing the food when you ordered it. This was fine with me, since it was all hot and fresh. The manager explained that they did this for that reason, and assured me that they would bring more of anything I ordered, which they did. (More than I could eat, actually, and wrapped up the balance to take home - also, gratefully, not typical of a buffet!) :-)