New Notebook

Tywais

My boss asked me to recommend to him a new notebook. Not having looked at them except for the eee PC which I just bought, not familiar with what are good solutions out there (brand, model, etc.) He will need to do scientific calculations on it and as such needs some reasonable power behind it. How about the Lenovo brand or Fujitsu?

He didn't give me a budget yet but suspect between 40-50k baht. So any suggestions for the above and I will check reviews on any recommendations. Thanks.

Wow ....... with a budget like that life is a breeze.

I have an Acer catalog here and they start laptops with the Aspire line with 14.1 in screens at 19000B The nicer line is Travelmate [12.1 in screen] and the 6291 has the Centrino Core Duo T5500 w Vista Home Premium and it is 29900B. Four models above that up to the 6292 w T7500 for 49900. The sweet spot to me looks to be the 33Kbaht and 36Kbaht versions.

Going up to 14.1 and 15.4 in screens add 10-15Kbaht.

I am sure he can switch to XP at no cost and from what I have heard, Vista is slow and buggy. Why do Bill Gates beta testing for free. Wait until they get it right.

Edited by paulfr